Go Back  Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > 2018+ Softail Models
Reload this Page >

What did you do to your 18+ softail today?

Notices
2018+ Softail Models Breakout

What did you do to your 18+ softail today?

Old 01-07-2019, 01:06 PM
FrankEV
Road Master
Exclamation What did you do to your 18+ softail today?

Since this forum has been added, we now need this thread.

So I'll start.

Added a very small "Touch of Class" to my Cherry. A black fancy Shift linkage I bought on the Geek buying site.

Under $25 including shipping. Other styles are also available.

Last edited by FrankEV; 01-07-2019 at 01:12 PM.
Old 01-07-2019, 06:26 PM
JerickG

Installed my Pro Beams after getting the bike back from wheels and tires claim!

​​​​​​

Old 01-07-2019, 07:17 PM
sped
Senior Rider

Wow Frank! I don't hate that at all. Got a link?

Old 01-08-2019, 06:10 AM
FrankEV
Road Master

Originally Posted by sped View Post
Wow Frank! I don't hate that at all. Got a link?
https://geek.wish.com/search/harley%20davidson%20accessories?&source=search

Will take a while to scroll through all the items but as you go down you will find a number of these "linkage's" of different styles.

Doing a quick search I found the link to the one I got: https://geek.wish.com/search/harley%...lated_products

Last edited by FrankEV; 01-08-2019 at 06:22 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to FrankEV For This Useful Post:
sped (01-08-2019)
Old 01-08-2019, 06:01 PM
tx freebird
One Of The Regulars

Installed my fangs, then a quick test ride. It was a comfortable 75 degrees this afternoon.

Numerous forum members have reported on the reduced buffeting benefits, but this exceeded my expectations. I am still running the stock windshield. I need more saddle time to decide whether I want to pursue additional changes.

I did feel a lille exit heat under the seat, but I installed these fangs inside the windshield dock, so I am not surprised. I've read the previous threads on fangs and engine temperature. I may decide I need to remove them or pursue other cooling options this summer.Maybe not, I believe the M8 is much cooler stock than my previous 110's were with various stages and tunes.

Old 01-08-2019, 07:05 PM
sped
Senior Rider

tx freebird could you post a couple pics of where you installed them without the windshield in the way?

I'm really on the fence about either these or a set I picked up from a '17 and down Heritage that the po drilled to fit. I honestly like them better but they are chromed and would prefer black. I may try them and have them powdercoated or if they fit in my oven do it myself.

Thanks!

Old 01-08-2019, 08:57 PM
tx freebird
One Of The Regulars

tx freebird could you post a couple pics of where you installed them without the windshield in the way?
Thanks!
I will post a picture tomorrow in the daylight. These fangs can be bolted on the inside of the windshield dock (as I did) or the outside of the dock. The outside position moves each deflector about 3/8 of an inch further away from the fork. Again, picture to follow.

The Following User Says Thank You to tx freebird For This Useful Post:
sped (01-08-2019)
Old 01-08-2019, 10:54 PM
Buster217
One Of The Regulars

Originally Posted by tx freebird View Post
Installed my fangs, then a quick test ride. It was a comfortable 75 degrees this afternoon.

Numerous forum members have reported on the reduced buffeting benefits, but this exceeded my expectations. I am still running the stock windshield. I need more saddle time to decide whether I want to pursue additional changes.

I did feel a lille exit heat under the seat, but I installed these fangs inside the windshield dock, so I am not surprised. I've read the previous threads on fangs and engine temperature. I may decide I need to remove them or pursue other cooling options this summer.Maybe not, I believe the M8 is much cooler stock than my previous 110's were with various stages and tunes.
I have the same fangs on my Heritage, mounted inside the windshield dock. I did a test and found about a 9 deg F increase at highway speed with the fangs installed. I don't think it's a problem. The only time the engine gets hot is when you are just crawling in traffic and the fangs shouldn't really be a factor then because there's no airflow anyway.

When I did the temperature test I could really tell the difference in buffeting and wind noise. They really do dramatically reduce both.

The Following User Says Thank You to Buster217 For This Useful Post:
tx freebird (01-09-2019)
Old 01-09-2019, 06:09 AM
metalmoto

Coloring for Grown-Ups.

Old 01-09-2019, 06:12 AM
FrankEV
Road Master

...or a set I picked up from a '17 and down Heritage that the po drilled to fit. I honestly like them better but they are chromed and would prefer black...
I thought I wanted black for my Cherry also, but after installing mine, I liked the chrome better. IMHO, if you are going to go Black, you really need to go "ALL" Black (ie.; Pipes, etc.). My Fangs being chrome sort of balanced out the mix of black and Chrome.

Very early photo of my Cherry just after the Fangs were installed.

I will say the quality of the chrome on the set I got from J&P is not the best. Just about a year and they are developing pitting and rust is apearing even though I keep them cleaned and polished regularly. Might have to find a place to have them re-chromed sometime in the not too distant future.

But they, along with my recurve windshield, did a great job on reducing the buffeting.

If there is any concern about the engine heat off the engine onto the legs with fangs installed I would sugest a Capt Itch Croch Cooler.

Last edited by FrankEV; 01-09-2019 at 06:16 AM.

Search this Thread
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: