2018+ Softail Models Breakout

2018 Fat Bob Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2019, 09:50 AM
Decker72
Cruiser
Received 59 Likes on 42 Posts

I really REALLY like the V&H Pro Pipe.

I plan on building my engine to a 124" in the future and the only pipe I've seen solid #s (with minimal reversion) from are the D&D exhausts. I've always been function over form, but I'm hoping someone else will step up to the plate

Old 01-18-2019, 10:20 AM
Big Twi$t
Stellar HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

I would look at Fab28 if you are doing a big build. I haven't dyno'd yet with my CHD on...selling the CHD and picking up a new exhaust today. If this new exhaust does not perform as expected, my next pipe will be a Fab28.

The following users liked this post:
Decker72 (01-18-2019)
Old 01-18-2019, 11:21 AM
Decker72
Cruiser
Received 59 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Twi$t
I would look at Fab28 if you are doing a big build. I haven't dyno'd yet with my CHD on...selling the CHD and picking up a new exhaust today. If this new exhaust does not perform as expected, my next pipe will be a Fab28.
Thanks for the info! They have some good looking pipes for sure and they're definitely proud of them ($$$). I totally understand that you get what you pay for ... I can still complain about it though

Old 01-18-2019, 12:21 PM
Big Twi$t
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Decker72
Thanks for the info! They have some good looking pipes for sure and they're definitely proud of them ($$$). I totally understand that you get what you pay for ... I can still complain about it though
Yeah, I think CHD is prouder of their pipes...but, it's just money. I'm in my bike real deep...and I know I will end up selling it this year. Still fun and exciting getting all the cool parts! LOL

Old 01-18-2019, 01:09 PM
Bowhunter8607
Road Warrior
Received 417 Likes on 322 Posts

Originally Posted by FatBob2018
Wow, good find, I like the flow of the headpipes on those 92s! But I also really like an aggressively upswept muffler. Maybe they'll figure a way to combine those headers with an upsweep by the time I'm ready to buy.<br /><br />Looking forward to your report on ground clearance on the 92 pipes!
I will be sure to let you guys know how it sits. From the pictures it looks like it sits at the same height as the stock headers give or take a bit. We shall see soon enough.

Originally Posted by Decker72
I really REALLY like the V&amp;H Pro Pipe. I plan on building my engine to a 124" in the future and the only pipe I've seen solid #s (with minimal reversion) from are the D&amp;D exhausts. I've always been function over form, but I'm hoping someone else will step up to the plate
I like the Pro Pipe as well but read some reviews of the mounting brackets breaking and having to buy another instead if it being warranted. Could be BS from a disgruntled customer though so who knows. I haven't found much as far as performance of this pipe or the other 2 I was looking at.

I plan on going up to a 124" kit as well much later in the future and I like the performance of the D&D pipes but they sit just as low or lower than my current Bassani pipes. With the results ADM and PuttNutt got with the Road Rage and HD Torque Cam I think I will stick with the Bassani Road Rage but will be getting the 1S92 version pictured above for the ground clearance and decent performance.

Not sure how well this pipe will do on a 124" but if need be I'll look at better performing alternatives when the time comes. For now the 1S92 Bassani Road Rage pipe and the Torque cam should be just fine for me.

Yeah, I think CHD is prouder of their pipes...but, it's just money. I'm in my bike real deep...and I know I will end up selling it this year. Still fun and exciting getting all the cool parts! LOL
Thanks for the suggestion. Does it look like you'll be able at least ride your Monster and enjoy all the work you have put into it for a bit before you have to sell it? I sure hope so! Get well man.

Last edited by Bowhunter8607; 01-18-2019 at 01:19 PM.
Old 01-18-2019, 02:11 PM
Big Twi$t
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Bowhunter8607

Thanks for the suggestion. Does it look like you'll be able at least ride your Monster and enjoy all the work you have put into it for a bit before you have to sell it? I sure hope so! Get well man.

Yeah, I'm gonna ride it...I'm just not how I used to be. You know..."ride it like you stole it"...I'll just do some bar hopping type of rides a few times and go from there.

Old 01-18-2019, 11:02 PM
Bowhunter8607
Road Warrior

Yeah, I'm gonna ride it...I'm just not how I used to be. You know..."ride it like you stole it"...I'll just do some bar hopping type of rides a few times and go from there.
Good to hear Bro. I'm sure you won't be able to resist opening her up a bit every now and then! Whoever ends up with that bike is gonna have a heck of a treat in ther hands by the time you're done with it thats for sure! Good luck with everything.

Old 01-19-2019, 10:19 AM
Big Twi$t
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Bowhunter8607
Good to hear Bro. I'm sure you won't be able to resist opening her up a bit every now and then! Whoever ends up with that bike is gonna have a heck of a treat in ther hands by the time you're done with it thats for sure! Good luck with everything.
Thanks, I appreciate it. Yeah, I'm sure I will do a "Big Twist" on the throttle when I do ride it. I mean, that's where my road name came from...I like to give the throttle a big twist.

Again, thanks! Little bits of support like this really help.

Old 01-19-2019, 12:20 PM
Bowhunter8607
Road Warrior

Thanks, I appreciate it. Yeah, I'm sure I will do a "Big Twist" on the throttle when I do ride it. I mean, that's where my road name came from...I like to give the throttle a big twist.

Again, thanks! Little bits of support like this really help.
Good deeal! Sounds like we have very similer riding styles if that's how you got your road name. And no problem at all man. That's what most of us are here for. To give information and support to other members any way we can. I would like to see your bike in action so if possible post up a video sometime if you haven't already! Take care and ride safe Bro.

Old 01-23-2019, 08:48 AM
Bowhunter8607
Road Warrior

Forum memeber OldMike just posted a link to this exhaust. S&S Super Street 2 into 1. The headers even more closely match the stock headers in that the rear pipe slightly overlaps the front and the height it sits at is comparable as well.
https://www.sscycle.com/products/sup...oftail-models/

Quick Reply: 2018 Fat Bob Exhaust