Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   2018+ Softail Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/2018-softail-models-206/)
-   -   Let's Hear Your Pipes (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/2018-softail-models/1275311-lets-hear-your-pipes.html)

Bowhunter8607 03-17-2019 11:00 AM

Let's Hear Your Pipes

I've searched and can't find one so I figured we could all benefit from an exhaust sound clip thread. Intended to give anyone who's lookong for a set of pipes an idea of the sound of different exhaust systems and slip-on mufflers. Although the sound clips won't do full and total justice to the actual sound of the pipes, it will still give a good idea of it.

I've found the best way to get decent sound clips is to do ride-by clips instead of breifly talking about the pipe, starting it and lightly blipping the theottle. Any sound clips are acceptable and will help so those are cool too. So let's hear your pipes!

Even though I already posted this in another thread, I'll start it off with a sound comparison between stock pipes with pluggs removed from the mufflers vs Bassani Road Rage III vs S&S Superstreet.

ICE_BREAKER68 03-17-2019 12:27 PM

Sound Off!

Bowhunter8607,
Great idea. I recently bought a 2017 Ultra Limited. It only had 4,000 miles and it's fully stock, minus the saddle bag inserts, headsets and the second FOB. Anyway, I've been searching for some slip on exhaust. It's difficult to get any idea of the rumble from descriptions. Having users load their different videos here, we'll be able to go back and forth for better comparison. I am interested in the MUTAZU 4" Chrome Megaphone Slip-On Mufflers. From other YouTube videos, the sound pretty good.

Again, great idea.

Thank you

FatBabyBoy 03-18-2019 12:07 PM

When my pro pipe arrives for my FLSB. I will add my sound clips here too. Great vid.

Bowhunter8607 03-28-2019 08:25 PM

Man I thought more of you would be willing to help a fellow rider out with sound clips and pics. I guess there are clips on Youtube but many here have pipes that have no or very few good sound clips to listen to. The Sportster Forum have the same type of thread and it helped me and many others decide on which pipes to go with. Come on guys, help a brother or sister out here.

Mchad 03-29-2019 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by Bowhunter8607 (Post 18141585)
Man I thought more of you would be willing to help a fellow rider out with sound clips and pics. I guess there are clips on Youtube but many here have pipes that have no or very few good sound clips to listen to. The Sportster Forum have the same type of thread and it helped me and many others decide on which pipes to go with. Come on guys, help a brother or sister out here.

Its early in the season for many. A lot of ppl here are just riding their bikes for the first time this year (or ever). Give it some time and I’m sure ppl will participate.

Cajun4x4 03-30-2019 06:33 AM

Couple of sound clips of my Rinehart 3.5 on my 2019 Heritage Classis 114. The first one is with the mufflers without any muffler packing. The second clip, I added muffler packing to quiet the pipes down while at highway speeds. They were just a bit too loud for taste and these Rineharts do not have removable baffles so I added the muffler packing. Now I have set of pipes that are loud while on the throttle and nice and "thumpy" while cruising around.

sped 03-30-2019 07:22 AM

Did you use a tuner? My Rineharts just came in and I'm saving some coin for an SE tuner.

kenny55 03-30-2019 09:09 AM

Here are the Eliminator 300's. With and without the quiet baffles.

also,

Bowhunter8607 03-30-2019 09:21 AM

Sounds nice! Thanks for the clips. I'm sure it will help someone somewhere down the line. Keep them coming.

Cajun4x4 03-30-2019 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by sped (Post 18144761)
Did you use a tuner? My Rineharts just came in and I'm saving some coin for an SE tuner.

No, no tuner. Bike runs fine. A bit a burble and some popping on the down shift, but I kind of like the sound.