2018+ Softail Models Breakout

Saddlemen step up seat question

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2019, 01:10 AM
super48
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Saddlemen step up seat question

My whiplash seat sits too far back so I’m thinking to switch it to Saddlemen step up seat, can any one has the step up seat tell me if it sits further back or forward than the stock seat.... thanks p

Old 04-29-2019, 09:33 AM
Gizmo83
Road Master
Received 452 Likes on 262 Posts

Same question here... also, it would be great if I could find one in stock somewhere.

Old 04-29-2019, 12:34 PM
uncle kebo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,351 Likes on 2,200 Posts

On my FB114 it moves you back and up. It opens up the riders box. DK had/has them in stock

Old 04-30-2019, 09:03 AM
Las Vegas Jim
Supporter
Received 228 Likes on 149 Posts

I am looking at a new 2019 Low Rider because I like mid-controls. But, I have a short inseam and prefer a solo seat. HD finally made a solo seat for the bike but it makes the riding position worse for a shorter rider. Does any one have experience with after market seats for the new Low Rider? I find it strange that HD spends all the money to come out with a new line of bikes and doesn't provide seats for shorter or taller than average riders or riders that prefer a solo seat.

The following users liked this post:
Uncle G. (08-08-2019)
Old 04-30-2019, 04:03 PM
Mexall
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On my Street bob i feel like it put me more inside the bike. A bit lower, a bit back (but not much). I've only ridden like 20 km on my test ride of the bike on the stock seat tho so i don't have the best "before" experience.
My bike left the dealer with the step up seat, my stock seat never saw my ***.

Anyway, it's way comfier than stock, and the riding position (i'm 177cm tall) is fine on mids, but i feel like i could almost go with forwards and be comfy too.

Old 04-30-2019, 06:50 PM
iHodor
Road Warrior
Received 440 Likes on 321 Posts

2 up/2 back. Or thereabouts

Check out the pictures I posted in Post #15 of this thread

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/2018-...eman-seat.html

Last edited by iHodor; 04-30-2019 at 06:53 PM.
Old 05-02-2019, 06:12 AM
adiddik
Intermediate
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I had the stock on the FXBB for about a year and the saddlemen for about 6 months so far
It pushes you back noticeably, but not significantly. but overall its a huge improvement. You can open up the throttle without falling off, which always helps

Old 05-03-2019, 03:12 PM
druski
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Don't mean to muddy the waters here, but I feel that the Saddlemen step-up moves you up and very slightly forward (which for me is a very comfortable position, I'm 5'9 and am running 13" Lucky Daves Lucky 13 bars).

I had the stock seat on for about two months, then the Step-up, and recently purchased a BMC/Corbin Widowmaker. I'm selling the Widomaker because it moved me back and down which doesn't work for me (sucks, cause ergonomically it is a mega comfortable seat). I put the Saddlemen Step-up back on the bike and was immediately happy with the position it puts me in.

Can I ask which Whiplash seat you bought? I really like there Gambler seat, but not sure if it will move me down and back like the BMC.

Thanks,

Drew

Old 05-03-2019, 03:34 PM
Gizmo83
Road Master
Received 452 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by druski
Don't mean to muddy the waters here, but I feel that the Saddlemen step-up moves you up and very slightly forward (which for me is a very comfortable position, I'm 5'9 and am running 13" Lucky Daves Lucky 13 bars).
This is what I've heard as well. It seems to be different from bike to bike. I've heard everything from it moves you forward and up noticeably to it moves you back five inches! It sounds like for you, on the Low Rider, it definitely moved you forward and up, which is what I am looking for. When you say very slightly, would you estimate an inch or so?

Old 05-03-2019, 03:41 PM
druski
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Gizmo83
This is what I've heard as well. It seems to be different from bike to bike. I've heard everything from it moves you forward and up noticeably to it moves you back five inches! It sounds like for you, on the Low Rider, it definitely moved you forward and up, which is what I am looking for. When you say very slightly, would you estimate an inch or so?
I'm not sure how to measure it, but I would guess it is no more than an inch forward.

The following users liked this post:
Gizmo83 (05-03-2019)

Quick Reply: Saddlemen step up seat question