Lake Okeechobee ride today

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2019, 08:43 PM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Lake Okeechobee ride today

Hey guys,

Just wanted to share a couple pics from today’s ride with my Pop. I was on my 114
Fat Bob and he was riding his 19’ RG Special 114. We got up at 6 AM and met up to ride this morning. It was a BEAUTIFUL day. Started in Palm Beach county and rode around all of Lake Okeechobee. It was a total of 180 miles. My bum was KILLING me by the end of it. Anyway, enjoy!

The following users liked this post:
jimmiedwad (05-27-2019)
Old 05-28-2019, 07:45 AM
Bowhunter8607
Road Warrior
Received 417 Likes on 322 Posts

Sounds like a nice ride and the pics look awesome. Finally getting out on my Fat Bob for a few hours straight this weekend made me realize 3 things are badly needed for my comfort during longer rides.

First is to raise the bars, second is I need to get another seat for longer rides, and lastly I need mid controls with some highway pegs to stretch out here and there. Mids are just more comfortable for me on the long haul. Less fighting the wind trying to keep my feet on the forwards.

Old 05-28-2019, 10:02 AM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Bowhunter8607
Sounds like a nice ride and the pics look awesome. Finally getting out on my Fat Bob for a few hours straight this weekend made me realize 3 things are badly needed for my comfort during longer rides.

First is to raise the bars, second is I need to get another seat for longer rides, and lastly I need mid controls with some highway pegs to stretch out here and there. Mids are just more comfortable for me on the long haul. Less fighting the wind trying to keep my feet on the forwards.
Thanks! It was a PERFECT ride for sure.

See, I'm a little different. I'm 5'8" and feel as if I need to be pushed back just a tad. The "forwards" on the fat bob are almost like mid-forwards. I would have enjoyed having another position to rest my feet on though. The bars are too far pulled back for me. I'd prefer them to be out in front of me a little further. The seat, although very comfortable at first, quickly becomes painful within an hour of riding. I have to see what my options are for that.

Old 05-28-2019, 10:34 AM
Bowhunter8607
Road Warrior
Received 417 Likes on 322 Posts

For comparison I'm 5'5" with a 30" inseam so the pegs feel the same as you described but In
was still fighting the wind with my legs and found them to be kinda fatigued after a few hours in the saddle. I got used to mids on my Roadster and now want them again.

I'll have to start finding the parts as I can to do the swap. Maybe I can find someone who will want to trade forwards for mids at some point. Won't be ready to do it for a while so I have some time to figure it all out.

As far as seating I feel fine in the current position just want my feet further back. As far as seats go I'm looking at the Sundowner or maybe some other aftermarket options but haven't decided on one yet.

My bars are somewhat of a stretch for me when fully locked in either direction but not horrible. Some riser extensions will do me some good and help bring the bars a bit closer to me. I mainly have issues with the height of the bars. I want them a bit higher to be more comfortable and help me not to slouch so much.

Last edited by Bowhunter8607; 05-28-2019 at 10:41 AM.