2018+ Softail Models Breakout

RGS to Heritage Classic

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 10:54 AM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 911 Likes on 662 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin Gallardo
we have a couple Heritage's. '17 and '18., I kinda wish there was an in between the full touring bike and the softail. I suppose I can just load up on aftermarket goodies.
The Road King is as close as you’ll get. It’s basically a Heritage on steroids, but on a full touring platform. You don’t get all the bells and whistles of the Glides, but you get all the road manners and stability at speed. You can add fairings and gadgets to taste.

Old 06-20-2019, 09:26 PM
Marks57
Tourer
Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by leftyjm
I really like my RGS but don’t really ride it for what it’s made for. I do like the nimbleness of it even if it is a bigger bagger but just don’t ride it for what it’s made for......Touring. Therefore I’m thinking of going with a new Heritage with the 107, don’t need the bigger engine.
Has anybody else done this? Looking for opinions and advice.
Thanks
In February I traded my 18 RG for a 19 Heritage. I love the Heritage. Much more fun to ride.

The following users liked this post:
RoBeau (07-10-2019)
Old 06-22-2019, 08:09 AM
sectime
Tourer
Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

If you don’t tour or ride in cold wet weather much then a Heritage makes sense. I kept my Ultra Limited because it extends riding season where I live. I ride my heritage far more and dislike the weight of the Ultra every time I ride in the city. Heritage is as much fun as my Buells were in the mountains. Rear tire wearing edge to edge. Going to trade the Ultra for a RGS next month miss having one.

Last edited by sectime; 06-22-2019 at 08:15 AM.
Old 06-23-2019, 06:22 AM
CGURRO
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by leftyjm
I really like my RGS but don’t really ride it for what it’s made for. I do like the nimbleness of it even if it is a bigger bagger but just don’t ride it for what it’s made for......Touring. Therefore I’m thinking of going with a new Heritage with the 107, don’t need the bigger engine.
Has anybody else done this? Looking for opinions and advice.
Thanks
I did exactly what you're thinking of doing. Traded my RGS in on a Heritage 114. I miss the luxuries of the tunes and navigation on the bagger. However, the fun factor trumps all. I have a RAM cell phone mount to take care of the NAV. Haven't done a long mile trip on it yet.
Overall I'm impressed with the comfort and ride of the new Softail

Old 07-10-2019, 08:25 PM
RoBeau
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I did the exact same thing. Could not be happier. The FLHCS handles like a dream compared to my FLHXS. Especially in traffic and in twisties.

Old 07-10-2019, 11:50 PM
TxSpeedster
Cruiser
Received 78 Likes on 38 Posts

The Heritage is the first bike to make me stop missing my beloved FXRP.

Fun Factor Plus!

Old 07-11-2019, 09:21 AM
VAFish
Grand HDF Member

Received 3,121 Likes on 1,621 Posts

Did a demo day a couple weekends ago, rode the 107 Heritage and the 114 Road King Special.

I liked the handling and ride of the Heritage, but could really feel the difference of the 114 even in the 100 lb heavier RKS. I think the 114 Heritage would be the best choice, but need to take one for a ride. Only reason I would choose the Road King would be for a bit more room if the wife would ride on the back with me. But so far she wont.

Old 07-12-2019, 09:15 AM
mongomark
Road Master
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

I've got the 114 Heritage after owning a modified 07 Street Glide. From a rider's standpoint, the handling and riding dynamics are superior to what I had before. To improve the long distance touring, I added a Mustang touring seat which benefits the rider and passenger comfort significantly. I added a Road Glide backrest pad to the Heritage's backrest assy and my wife feels far more comfortable and secure, it bolts right on. I've had the bike since January, 2018 and I've got almost 21k miles which included an 1800 mile round trip up the coast of California and Oregon last summer with my son. The bluetooth helmet and Ram mount give me my tunes and navigation. All around, the best bike I've ever owned.

Old 07-12-2019, 02:13 PM
Puttnutt24
Road Warrior
Received 209 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Marks57
In February I traded my 18 RG for a 19 Heritage. I love the Heritage. Much more fun to ride.
I did not know the saddle bags we’re detachable, yes?

Old 07-12-2019, 02:37 PM
T^2
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,149 Likes on 717 Posts

Originally Posted by Puttnutt24
I did not know the saddle bags we’re detachable, yes?
Depends on you definition of detachable. Quick detach? No. Detachable? Yes. Unscrew two fasteners per bag and they come off. If you want quick detach, then you need to look elsewhere. One place you might consider is Leather Pros and their quick detach bags.

Quick Reply: RGS to Heritage Classic