2018+ Softail Models Breakout

M8 Heritage duals and solo seat questions.

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2022, 10:11 AM
Timberjkd
Tourer
Received 60 Likes on 47 Posts
Default M8 Heritage duals and solo seat questions.

So Hi All! I'm looking to change the seat on my 19 Heritage. I'm keeping the stock seat for any long weekends with my girl, but I do not like the solo stock seat that the bike came with. If I get on the throttle I literally have to hold on super tight to the bars to keep from sliding off the seat. Not the greatest feeling. I like the nostalgic look of the spring seat but I know that would be worse under hard throttle. The mustang seat my buddy has on his road king has little to no flip. It seems that with the frame change on the newer softails the only route is the two-up saddleman style seats. Not really digging that look on my bike. I have the billard blue and white so it really looks old school.

On another note: Anybody running true duals on their M8 Heritage? Any cornering issues with those?

Thanks.

Old 10-21-2022, 10:51 AM
FranBunnyFFXII
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,524 Likes on 1,391 Posts

I have a Saddlemen Knuckle Profiler seat on my bike, and it's great. It's my "Racing and Show Bike seat" Keeps me held in when doing 0-60 hard pulls, and full throttle runs out to 130mph.
I quite like the seat style wise, and if you have a touring seat that uses a back bolt, it also uses a backbolt. So it's super easy to swap seats out.
Saddlemen does make this same seat for the Heritage. It's 340$ from GetLowered with stock coloration.
You can get it customized like mine from Saddlemen if you want as well.

It's good for a 150~200 miles in a day, and it holds me in when I'm being an irresponsible speed demon, and carving corners.

Old 10-21-2022, 03:42 PM
JCDLXSEIA
Cruiser
Received 150 Likes on 69 Posts

I put Bassani True Duals on my 2018 Deluxe last year. I don't ride super agressive these days but the pipes have not been a cornering issue. However, you don't want to come down too steep of a driveway for they will drag on the fishtails. I think the Samson True Dual set up without fishtails looks good. Don't know about cornering though.
As far as the seat, my Mustang keeps me planted atop a decent Stage II cam and air cleaner set up. Have also used Sadddlemen Renegade seats, no problem. Weighing in at 250 lbs. probably helps in this case!

Old 10-21-2022, 07:08 PM
Calif Fat Bob
Road Warrior
Received 1,635 Likes on 856 Posts

Originally Posted by Timberjkd
So Hi All! I'm looking to change the seat on my 19 Heritage. I'm keeping the stock seat for any long weekends with my girl, but I do not like the solo stock seat that the bike came with. If I get on the throttle I literally have to hold on super tight to the bars to keep from sliding off the seat. Not the greatest feeling. I like the nostalgic look of the spring seat but I know that would be worse under hard throttle. The mustang seat my buddy has on his road king has little to no flip. It seems that with the frame change on the newer softails the only route is the two-up saddleman style seats. Not really digging that look on my bike. I have the billard blue and white so it really looks old school.

On another note: Anybody running true duals on their M8 Heritage? Any cornering issues with those?

Thanks.

I have no answers to your questions, but your bike looks amazing. Great color combo

Old 10-21-2022, 07:25 PM
Uncle G.
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,704 Likes on 1,989 Posts

Originally Posted by Timberjkd

Thanks.
If that seat won't hold you in place, I can only suggest Velcro pants. I run the sprung seat on my '19 Heritage with no problems. OTOH, it could be because I ride like the old man I am.

Old 10-22-2022, 07:11 AM
Steve Sportster
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2,256 Likes on 1,096 Posts

Just saw some Bassani true duals on a 2020 Heritage the other day at my local Indy shop. Looked beautiful! I believe the pegs under your floorboards will drag long before the pipes when cornering.

Old 10-22-2022, 07:50 AM
martin10
Road Warrior
Received 504 Likes on 327 Posts

I'm running the HD Sundowner solo seat. Reasonably priced and you sit in it more than the stock seat. Reduces sliding back

Old 10-22-2022, 08:46 AM
Timberjkd
Tourer

Originally Posted by FranBunnyFFXII
I have a Saddlemen Knuckle Profiler seat on my bike, and it's great. It's my "Racing and Show Bike seat" Keeps me held in when doing 0-60 hard pulls, and full throttle runs out to 130mph.
I quite like the seat style wise, and if you have a touring seat that uses a back bolt, it also uses a backbolt. So it's super easy to swap seats out.
Saddlemen does make this same seat for the Heritage. It's 340$ from GetLowered with stock coloration.
You can get it customized like mine from Saddlemen if you want as well.

It's good for a 150~200 miles in a day, and it holds me in when I'm being an irresponsible speed demon, and carving corners.

Nice bike. Thanks for the info.

Old 10-22-2022, 08:47 AM
Timberjkd
Tourer

Originally Posted by JCDLXSEIA
I put Bassani True Duals on my 2018 Deluxe last year. I don't ride super agressive these days but the pipes have not been a cornering issue. However, you don't want to come down too steep of a driveway for they will drag on the fishtails. I think the Samson True Dual set up without fishtails looks good. Don't know about cornering though.
As far as the seat, my Mustang keeps me planted atop a decent Stage II cam and air cleaner set up. Have also used Sadddlemen Renegade seats, no problem. Weighing in at 250 lbs. probably helps in this case!

Love those pipes. Those or the samsons are what I am torn between. I know I'll be sacrificing a bit of low end but they look really good.

Old 10-22-2022, 08:50 AM
Timberjkd
Tourer

Originally Posted by Calif Fat Bob
I have no answers to your questions, but your bike looks amazing. Great color combo
Thanks! It's a work in progress. I bought it used last year. Guy bought it brand new and put 308 miles on it then traded it??... I put a Full Moto 117 in it and it screams now hence the need for a seat. lol.

Quick Reply: M8 Heritage duals and solo seat questions.