Air Suspensions All you Air Ride Suspension Owners can discuss your Rides here

Dirty Air Ride Show Only?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 04:25 PM
MullyproNW
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dirty Air Ride Show Only?

I recently purchased a bike with front and rear dirty air suspension. I'm having the bike shipped to my local custom bagger shop. I've never worked with these guys but they have top ratings. Here's a recent email I received from them regarding the air suspension system. I wanted to get your take on what they said below...

"Mark,
No worries, we'll give the bike a full inspection and make recommendations accordingly. Just so you understand, Dirty air is intended for show bikes, not bikes that are going to be ridden. I personally would never put someone on the bike with me with that suspension because I've heard of multiple failures, we give recommendations based on experience and product knowledge, not because we want to sell you something. This is the reason people trust us with their motorcycles, I'll always try to make a good recommendation and then let you make the decision from there. I didn't aggressively pursue ordering parts because I know you have a budget in mind and we haven't seen this bike, I didn't want to be in a position where the bike requires repairs and I had to return parts (with a restock fee), I didn't feel that benefited either of us. We want to start off on the right foot, make sure that we have a long term positive relationship. Talk to you soon.

When I was in his shop he went over in detail with me a failure Of one of his clients bikes and showed me a picture of the bike sitting on top of the rear tire. I have no idea if this is an actual true suspension failure or not. Have you heard of these suspensions failing? Are they truly $20 shocks off an old corvette? Are they for show only? If the suspensions checks out should I still replace it?Thanks

Old 04-26-2017, 07:50 PM
ew25950
Road Master
Received 144 Likes on 106 Posts

What's the name of your local custom bagger shop? Not all air setups are show only trailer queens. I have rear air from JNR Designed and my bike is no show bike.

Let them do their evaluation then ride it and decide for yourself.

Assuming you bought this without seeing or riding it in person...If that's the case you liked the pictures of the bike and with full air I'm betting all the pics were with the bike slammed. Remove that and you may not like the look as much as you did when deciding to buy. Just a guess.

Good luck and post up some pics of what you got!

Old 07-19-2017, 03:14 PM
jreynolds
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How is the quality of the JNR?

Old 07-20-2017, 06:34 AM
TomCop
Tourer
Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts

I have dirty air suspension in the front and shot gun shocks at the back. I am happy of the combo.

Old 08-01-2017, 10:04 PM
15_MG_SG
Cruiser
Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

I have the JNR Designes air ride with the Dirty AIR Baller shocks and love the way it rides and looks. I ride 2up most of the time and have no worries. I have a buddy of mine that has the same setup pushing 500lbs with no problems.