Air Suspensions All you Air Ride Suspension Owners can discuss your Rides here

Air Ride and (very) Short dude. PLEASE Help me

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2019, 05:15 AM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Received 799 Likes on 500 Posts

Exsomos, still hope you are around and reading your mail as yoru most recent post is over a year old.

However, I just want to jump in here and say I know exactly what your dealinjg with because I'm just about the same build as you are.

I just bought a '19 SGS, had a H-D reach seat installed and had the bike lowered with 11" rear shocks and 1" shorter front shocks. I can "almost", but not quite fully flat foot but able to manage. The Reach seat pushes me down and forward which helps a lot, but I too have trouble reaching the kick stand. Have to scoot up even more to reach the middle of the stand with my toe.

And, like yourself, I can not back up this heavy bike. So I had a Suspension Technologies Reversing Pully installed and now have no worries about where I park as it will back up a 15% incline if needed. Not cheap, but IMHO worth every penny. Might want to look into it.

But I do have a problem that you might be able to help me with by giving me some insite about using Air shocks. if you would be kind enought to go to: Need advice - ’19 SGS rear shock travel problem when 2-up and read my post there you will see my delema. Any info you can provide about air ride shocks for us shorties would be very helpful.