Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Air Suspensions (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/air-suspensions-155/)
-   -   Platinum Softail Shock System... Simply AMAZING!!! (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/air-suspensions/497021-platinum-softail-shock-system-simply-amazing.html)

DR. V-TWIN 03-31-2010 06:59 PM

Platinum Softail Shock System... Simply AMAZING!!!

Guys,

Dr. V-Twin's very own Andrew will be installing a set of the Platinum shocks on his bike for a full evaluation which should be coming soon to the forum. Stay tuned...

We now have 2 sets left on the shelf after our recent Group Purchase and they are going for the same low price of: $1075.00 shipped. No need to wait for anymore orders to come in to get this low price. Give us a call and they will be on their way to you!

If you want a set, let us know. We can ship them out ASAP!

Thanks!

Shawn

FrozenInTime 03-31-2010 07:13 PM

What's the difference between these and the SAS'?

Blk and Chrome 03-31-2010 07:35 PM

Show some pics when done

whoffman 03-31-2010 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by FrozenInTime (Post 6496985)
What's the difference between these and the SAS'?

From what I gathered someone please corect me if Im wrong. SAS is all self contained with no air lines unless you run a pressure gage. There are a couple other things if you do a search there are plenty of write up on the topics. DocVtwin is offering a great deal on these but im going to wait till we get ten for the group by for the SAS cause i like the simplicity of the SAS suspension.

Walt

DR. V-TWIN 03-31-2010 09:32 PM

SAS is a one piece unit that contains the compressor and all. fit the shock unit, wire the switches, and you are done. Platinum has a separate compressor and control unit. The compressor mounts where the EPA canister goes on a CA bike. The control unit mounts on their own splash guard which replaces the stock splash guard. The compressor has to be hooked to the shocks via air lines. SAS offers a damping setting, but it is via an allen head on the shock body and cannot be operated via switch like the Platinum.

FrozenInTime 03-31-2010 09:40 PM

Cool, thanks. The SAS sounds easier to install. Looking forward to getting them.

BLKnCHRME09Deluxe 04-01-2010 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by FrozenInTime (Post 6498104)
Cool, thanks. The SAS sounds easier to install. Looking forward to getting them.

Maybe a easy install but definately a down grade to the Shotgun or Platinum...you decide!

ElSupremo 04-01-2010 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe (Post 6498932)
Maybe a easy install but definately a down grade to the Shotgun or Platinum...you decide!

I'd take a Platinum over the SAS just for the ease of adjusting, and $1075 is a good price.

2 more weeks for me, then I'll be ordering my air ride!:icon_chickendance:
Along with a few other goodies.

Blk and Chrome 04-01-2010 05:33 AM

Mine is sitting on the table now awaiting the install tonight. Either shotgun or platinum are the best, SAS is a good product, just outdated IMO now

whoffman 04-01-2010 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe (Post 6498932)

Have you seen or rode with the SAS set-up? You have me thinking now maybe the Platinum is the way to go.