Air Suspensions All you Air Ride Suspension Owners can discuss your Rides here

Looking for feedback on the Progressive Airtail air ride

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 04:37 PM
94fatboy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for feedback on the Progressive Airtail air ride

I have been doing quite a bit of reading on air suspensions, gotten plenty of opinions on Legends, Hi-Lo, Platinum, and Shotguns. I am trying to get some real world opinions on the Progressive Airtail system. So many people are happy with the 422's I would think the Airtail would be another great product from Progressive, but not much info about it....

Thanks

Old 06-21-2010, 05:55 PM
DR.Greenthumb
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I know there's one member on here that thinks they're the biggest cluster *** ever made,but I've had one for about five years on my Fatboy and never had an issue with it.I never cared for the way the bleeder valves and switch mounted on that oversized coil cover so I hid them a little bit to clean up the look.That would be my only complaint about the system.

Old 06-21-2010, 07:01 PM
Shannigans
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been using the airtail for about 4 years now. Not a bad product, but If I was going to do it all over again I would have saved the money bought 422's and set my preload higher. After four years of riding with it I just don't feel I've gained that much in ride quality to make it worth while or its price tag. Wasn't that bad of a install, took about 3.5hrs if I remember correct. removed the rear tire and splash guard, install was easy. Coil mount switch housing is large and it originally mounted to close to the oil bag causing the switch to pop out of the housing. Had to modify mine, and mine doesn't hold air psi anymore. So i have to constantly adj air psi, no external leaks have checked multiple times with soapy water. Which leads me to believe the shock seals are leaking. Just my .02