Air Suspensions All you Air Ride Suspension Owners can discuss your Rides here

Shotgun shock problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 07:56 PM
KeeBee
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Shotgun shock problem

Kinda bummed out my Shotgun shock let me down today. Has an air leak and won't hold air for more than an hour or so. Was looking forward to riding. Trying to break lose the rear bolts and just can't break them lose to put the stock shocks back on.

4500 miles and they let go hate this bad luck that follows me.

Old 07-08-2011, 08:00 PM
fcsallan
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Did you call JD?

This is the very first air leak issue I have heard of with the SS system.

Assuming you used blue locktite on those bolts you will want to heat them up with a heat gun or hair dryer before trying to take them off.

Old 07-08-2011, 08:03 PM
Malingerer
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There was just another thread on this like a couple days ago from another forum member.It seems there was a bad batch or something.Good news is you know JD will make it right.Still is a major PITA with taking it out and doing the install again.Starting to wonder about mine now.

Old 07-08-2011, 08:12 PM
KeeBee
Road Master

JD has already said he would send me out a new set. Will send him the old set. I saw a thread the other day with the same problem. Leak is coming from the rear of the unit.

Not going to screw with it South Texas it is over 100 degrees in my garage going to pay someone 100 bucks to do it. Not worth it in this heat.

Just going to have to wait a week or two without my bike.

Old 07-08-2011, 09:08 PM
Augustus
Advanced

Waddya do with the stock shocks?
I'm glad I kept mine now.

Old 07-08-2011, 09:47 PM
KeeBee
Road Master

I still have them but don't feel like putting them back on now that JD is sending me a replacement. My tool collection is a joke so will just wait it out and take out the old out to put the new one in.

Old 07-08-2011, 11:13 PM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default shotgun

The shotgun thing never really turned me on someone hit the forum with it and and started to hype it up a year or so ago next thing you know every one is ga ga over it. Makes no sense to have to drop the thing to change your tranny fluid you would thing they could have made a better design for that.only time can tell with a product you can test it over and over but the real problems never show up until its in production and a bunch of people are using it. I am on my third air suspension i had a legends a real piece of crap and i had one other . I am running the high lo now may not be the best out there but so far the most reliable i have had and I bought it at a steal of a price. good luck with the shotgun i hope it all works out for you. when these things go bad its not nice its a pain in the *** and even with a replacement you have to do the work all over again or pay someone to do it. all in all air suspension is nice when all is well but they can be a real pain in the ***. this high lo is my last i will not go for another air suspension if this one goes unless i get three or four years out of it .

Old 07-08-2011, 11:39 PM
KeeBee
Road Master

Thx! This replacement will be my last if it goes bad. I will go to progressives or something where I don't have to worry about it. 4500 miles isn't very many so kinda disappointed. Hoping it is just a fluke.

Old 07-08-2011, 11:50 PM
KUJOE
Cruiser

I was thinking of geting one in few weeks...Now it makes me think should or not???

Old 07-08-2011, 11:58 PM
CountryD
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Im kinda glad I went with the Hi-Lo now. I know the Shotgun does more and is supposed to be the superior system, but Im happy with my Hi-Lo. Kee, I hope you get it worked out, sucks having your bike out of commission.

Quick Reply: Shotgun shock problem