Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XM radio renewal

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 03:46 PM
Chief1102
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default XM radio renewal

My XM radio subscription was up for renewal and I always try to reduce the rate. Several years ago, I got angry with the subscription fee I was paying and after an unsucessful attempt (much of it due to a language barrier) to get it lowered I canceled my service. A couple weeks later, I got a call from an english speaking person at XM who offered me the same rate that I was trying to get the non-english speaking representative to give me. I told her what I'd been through with the other rep and thanked her for calling and I told her I was going to store the number in my phone for the next time I came up for renewal. So, today, I grabbed the invoice and called the stored number and, without any hassle whatsoever, renewed at a promotional rate of $49/6 mos. I asked about the $89/yr rate and she told me I could get it, but not with the XM Select Plan and the traffic services so, I took the $49 plan and she said "just call back in 6 months and see what special promotions we are offering then." It was a painless experience. So my point in writing was to post the number (877) 253-3846. I really think that it puts you into a different que (it may have a sticker labeled a$$h___e next to it for the call taker to see, but it has worked well for me!). Ride safe!

Old 05-02-2015, 09:15 PM
Shanebo
Road Captain
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Thanks for sharing.

I too, go through this exercise every stinkin' year.

Sometimes I do better than others, but I never go without some kind of markdown subscription price.

Shane

Old 05-03-2015, 08:07 AM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 724 Likes on 483 Posts

I never Re-up when they want me to I let them send me a few letters and call a few times. I got some middle plan with all the 5 stations I listen to for $26 6 months.. I haven't found any stations on there that I don't get, to me it's like cable you pay for a lot of **** you don't use.. Called direct TV last week to see about any promos and decided to lower my package.. Asked the lady how many channels I'd lose and which ones, 40 channels, nhl, hockey, golf, and music channels, all stuff I don't mess with.. Got a promo for 12 months and saved a few with the lower package which still have 300 channels I'll never watch