Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boom Headset for half helmet will not transmit on CB

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 03:36 PM
bluslvr
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boom Headset for half helmet will not transmit on CB

I bought a Boom Half Helmet headset for a ride we took a couple of weeks ago. Plugged it it and was able to hear others in group talking, but could not transmit. Others in group plugged their helmets into my outlet and theirs worked fine. I figured that I had a bad mic on my headset. I sent it back and got my refund. I went to the Harley Dealer here and purchased a Boom Half Helmet headset this morning that they sell specifically (they said) for my bike, 2008 Ultra Classic. plugged it in and Bingo. same exact problem. I heard my music, it was interrupted when others transmitted and I heard them fine but they could not hear me when I transmitted. Others plugged their helmets into my connection and they worked fine. Went back to dealer and he is clueless also. Any suggestions anyone, please! Im very suspicious that I happened to get two bad headsets in a row? thanks.

Lost at the beach
bluslvr@yahoo.coom

Old 02-17-2016, 03:24 PM
CPT_Carrera
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I need to try the intercom trick to see if it works for me. I would like sidetone for the CB but don't like it during phone calls. Yeah I do that too.

Old 02-23-2016, 11:15 PM
LX2
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bluslvr, check the cable plug on your headset vs the ones that work. I'm talking the coiled cord, look very very closely at the plug on known headsets coiled cords that work on your bike. Hold the two different plugs that go into the bike side by side, I bet you will see a difference. I bet if you pay close attention to stereo music you can hear music from both sides but not true separation from your setup compared to those sets that work. I am going thru the same issue with my 2015 TKL and around the neck factory HD communication headsets I bought recently here on the forum. The ones I bought were from a 2011 Ultra. Turns out the 2011 cords plugged into my bike which is also 7pin but the detent parts were slightly different causing one of the pins from the 2011 cord to enter the detent part on my bike causing incorrect pin connections. The fix was a newer rev coiled cord that correctly matched my 2015 with the 2011 headsets an mucho better sound and stereo separation, intercom worked along with CB. The 2011 plug actually plugged into my bike at like the 1oclock AND 7oclock positions which should not happen and was the first indication of wrong cord.

Hope this makes sense, I have pics to better explain