Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What song do you tune your amp by ear to??

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2017, 08:38 AM
BaggerAudioLab
Banned
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

MJ, Lionel Richie, Genuine Pony, Future for bass, Bieber for vocals...Rihanna too, Trap music for highs. I normally tune my bike to about 5 or 6 different genres of music. I've been at shows where the judge tells both bikes to play a song with vocals to break the tie and then it's clear cut winner when they have to play something other than what the bike was tuned too. This stuff isn't easy!!!

Old 10-07-2017, 08:44 AM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by BaggerAudioLab
MJ, Lionel Richie, Genuine Pony, Future for bass, Bieber for vocals...Rihanna too, Trap music for highs. I normally tune my bike to about 5 or 6 different genres of music. I've been at shows where the judge tells both bikes to play a song with vocals to break the tie and then it's clear cut winner when they have to play something other than what the bike was tuned too. This stuff isn't easy!!!
hey Alex, try Mountain Music by Alabama sometime on one of your systems

Old 10-07-2017, 09:39 AM
BaggerBill103
Road Captain
Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Tune mine to Five Finger Death Punch for me
Country for my wife
And 2 Short for bass

Old 10-07-2017, 10:37 AM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

It's Pony by Ginuwine and The Shape Of You by Ed Sheeran. These 2 will cover a wide range.

Old 10-07-2017, 10:59 AM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 133 Likes on 124 Posts

I've been using Men Without Hats for loudness, KD Lang for vocals, and Fresh Prince "Boom shake the room" for bass.

Old 10-07-2017, 02:21 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by yooperhog
and i hate to be the guy to mention micheal jackson, but when billie jean plays and those drums crack loud enuf to make the Warden cringe on the back seat...
Actually the dudes down at a local audio shop that does waaaaaay high end car audio stuff uses Micheal Jackson Gold (no clue where they got it) music for all their tuning. Apparently this "gold" stuff produced in his Santa Barbara production studio was beyond extreme regarding sound quality.

Sounds really damn killer!!!!!

T.

Old 10-07-2017, 02:53 PM
Respect
Tourer
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

If you want to borrow from the high-end audiophile crowd this is what we used for years at the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest. This was my collaboration and it ruffled a lot of feathers by weeding out the hyperbole coming from a lot of the boutique shops and big guys alike. These tracks (if you find the right ones) are regarded as some of the best recordings and most challenging to reproduce.

Old 10-07-2017, 02:55 PM
Respect
Tourer
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by BaggerAudioLab

I'll mail you my CD and you tell me how your stuff sounds. I wanna hear from horses not the riders

Old 10-07-2017, 03:31 PM
Moto Mike
Road Warrior
Received 122 Likes on 116 Posts

I usually use Sheffield Labs, Prime Cuts cd, the best sounding cd I have ever heard...period...well produced and clean. I also use Bruce Hornsby's Harbor Lights cd, with Rainbow's Cadillac again well produced and clean like a MF'er! Since i listen to rock mostly, I tune to Van Halens, Best of both Worlds remastered, great mid bass, clean and well produced!

Old 10-07-2017, 04:02 PM
Sparky357
Road Master
Received 241 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by yooperhog
and i hate to be the guy to mention micheal jackson, but when billie jean plays and those drums crack loud enuf to make the Warden cringe on the back seat...
I believe most of his music was recorded by Sony which has top notch studios,probably the best.

Quick Reply: What song do you tune your amp by ear to??