Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Uniq cycle sounds?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 04:42 PM
pipeyeti
Road Captain
Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Uniq cycle sounds?

I have a 2010 deluxe with a windshield. I am considering the Uniq Cycle sounds 400w system. I am really curious about mounting the speakers on the highway bar. I like the look much better than the bar mounted. Can you hear the music with them mounted low? Quality of this system? Ease of install?

Old 03-06-2016, 04:00 AM
bladeguy
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I have been very happy with my Uniq system. Great sound quality for what it is. They are 4" speakers so you have to be realistic about the sound you expect from them. Lifetime warranty - and I have used it! They have really taken care of me. Not sure about the lower bars. My thought is they are best mounted on the bars. I was going to try one high and one low but never got the chance

Old 05-22-2018, 01:09 AM
James Shaw
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warranty now....

So I've had my uniq cycle sounds amp and speakers for 2 years....love them. Tonight while riding the sound was cutting out going over bumps. When I got home I checked the amp and the fuse connect was melted and broke in 2 when I picked it up. Checked the website and they have gone out of business.....wtf happens to the lifetime warranty now. Any guidance would be appreciated

shozzy

Last edited by James Shaw; 05-22-2018 at 01:10 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 05-22-2018, 08:03 AM
bladeguy
Tourer

Originally Posted by James Shaw
So I've had my uniq cycle sounds amp and speakers for 2 years....love them. Tonight while riding the sound was cutting out going over bumps. When I got home I checked the amp and the fuse connect was melted and broke in 2 when I picked it up. Checked the website and they have gone out of business.....wtf happens to the lifetime warranty now. Any guidance would be appreciated

shozzy
Sorry to hear they are out of business. I will have to stop recommending them. I imagine your warranty is gone. However, the fuse connect is just a standard part you can get anywhere. Auto parts store or ebay. Just get the same type you had. You may have to cut the wire going to the amp. If so it is best to get shrink wrap and solder it, but you will be just fine with a butt connector and a $5 crimper from Walmart. As always be sure to disconnect the negative battery terminal when doing this.

Old 05-22-2018, 08:09 AM
bladeguy
Tourer

Originally Posted by bladeguy
Sorry to hear they are out of business. I will have to stop recommending them. I imagine your warranty is gone. However, the fuse connect is just a standard part you can get anywhere. Auto parts store or ebay. Just get the same type you had. You may have to cut the wire going to the amp. If so it is best to get shrink wrap and solder it, but you will be just fine with a butt connector and a $5 crimper from Walmart. As always be sure to disconnect the negative battery terminal when doing this.
Giving more thought I wonder why it melted? Some type of short? I don't know what would cause that. You can try hooking it up and see if it is getting hot. I would think it would happen fairly quickly if there is a short.

Old 11-09-2018, 01:34 PM
Steel Horse Audio
Former Sponsor
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

UNiQ Cycle Sounds, Cycle Sounds and Shark have all gone out of business. We offer similar systems (although better) and have perfected what Uniq Cycle Sounds (mentioned by the OP) used to sell. (We have one of the guys that used to work for them on our team). I am happy to answer any questions or help with any concerns through these forums or our website (https://www.steelhorseaudio.com).

Old 11-09-2018, 01:53 PM
Juice
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 442 Likes on 322 Posts

@Steel Horse Audio

Might wanna watch the mods will get you for posting a link to your shop without vendor status.

Juice

Old 11-09-2018, 02:47 PM
Steel Horse Audio
Former Sponsor
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks Juice. We contacted the mods about this now. Thanks for the heads up!

Last edited by Steel Horse Audio; 11-09-2018 at 02:49 PM.
Old 11-09-2018, 03:17 PM
Juice
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 442 Likes on 322 Posts

Originally Posted by Steel Horse Audio
Thanks Juice. We contacted the mods about this now. Thanks for the heads up!
Sure thing.
It's great to get new sponsors, didn't want trouble before you get a chance to help people out.

Juice

Old 11-09-2018, 03:38 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 230 Likes on 150 Posts

Damn. Didn't know Cycle Sounds went out of business. I have their speaker lids and will probably need a new grill cover next time I take it off. They only last 2-3 removals before the tabs break.

Zach