Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audio speaker lids and speaker ???

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 07:37 PM
chgofirefighter
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Audio speaker lids and speaker ???

After installing a Biketronics audio system on my 2015 RGS and being super impressed with its sound quality and using their 4ch amp (BT4180) and (BT465.15) speakers I have decided to add speaker lids, now BT offers 5X7 speakers for $399.99 but I'm looking at doing 6X9 instead. The Titan II's offer good midrange and highs, now I need some bass. I was considering doing the lower fairing speakers but I already have enough sound to satisfy my needs with my faring speakers but I need to fill the void a bit with some bass. I don't want to have too much midrange/highs in the front area. I know that in a motorcycle which you don't have a controlled environment you can't possibly get the best of both worlds due to lots of variables when riding a motorcycle... But honestly, the stock crappy premium Rushmore sound system was indeed a crappy one. The HU is sufficient, it has gps, etc but man the stock speakers were sh*t~! See attached pictures and speaker comparison

I want to properly match the front speakers with the speaker lid speakers so I am looking for suggestions? Also, HD OEM speaker lids are only made to fit 5X7 speakers, but I have come across some nice aftermarket speaker lids that will accommodate 6X9 speakers and price well, compared to HD OEM speaker lids which cost 2X or 3X more~

Thanks for the speaker recommendations and if you know of a good aftermarket speaker lids also post the info on it. Thank you~

Attached Thumbnails Audio speaker lids and speaker ???-rgs-speakers-comparison.jpg   Audio speaker lids and speaker ???-rgs-speakers2.jpg  
Old 02-24-2016, 08:05 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by chgofirefighter
I want to properly match the front speakers with the speaker lid speakers so I am looking for suggestions? Also, HD OEM speaker lids are only made to fit 5X7 speakers, but I have come across some nice aftermarket speaker lids that will accommodate 6X9 speakers and price well, compared to HD OEM speaker lids which cost 2X or 3X more~

Thanks for the speaker recommendations and if you know of a good aftermarket speaker lids also post the info on it. Thank you~
V-Twin Audio has 5x7 to 6x9 adapters for the HD Lids. Here's a thread showing the adapters and there installation.

The BT 6x9 speakers will have good bass. The Arc Moto 692 will have more bass.

Old 02-24-2016, 08:34 PM
chgofirefighter
Road Master

Originally Posted by Bertk
V-Twin Audio has 5x7 to 6x9 adapters for the HD Lids. Here's a thread showing the adapters and there installation.

The BT 6x9 speakers will have good bass. The Arc Moto 692 will have more bass.

Thats a 4 ohm speaker, I do believe the BT amp runs at 2 ohms, not sure though. Ooops, my bad BT is also rated at 4 ohms and it's a pricier speaker... Also, the kit is an adapter for the stock OEM speaker lids, I would like to have a speaker lid that houses a 6X9 speaker, not a kit per se!~ Thanks brother

Last edited by chgofirefighter; 02-24-2016 at 08:43 PM.
Old 02-24-2016, 09:34 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Thats a 4 ohm speaker, I do believe the BT amp runs at 2 ohms, not sure though. Ooops, my bad BT is also rated at 4 ohms and it's a pricier speaker... Also, the kit is an adapter for the stock OEM speaker lids, I would like to have a speaker lid that houses a 6X9 speaker, not a kit per se!~ Thanks brother
Shop hard and get some good 6x9 lids. There are some good deals out there, cheaper is not always better but check back in before u pull the trigger as I am certain you will get some honest feedback.
I would save your Starbucks money and get the Moto 692. A damn nice speaker and will exceed your expectations based on your post. The 4180 will be a perfect match!! Shoot me a PM and I will point you to one hell of a deal on the 692s.

T.

Old 02-24-2016, 11:48 PM
LL247
Former Sponsor
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
I would save your Starbucks money and get the Moto 692.
T.
If I saved my Starbucks money I'd own a shiny new HD Dealership!

A damn nice speaker and will exceed your expectations based on your post. The 4180 will be a perfect match!!
T.
Motos, both the 602 and 692, sound AWESOME paired with the BT amps.

Old 02-25-2016, 11:28 PM
chgofirefighter
Road Master

Originally Posted by LL247
If I saved my Starbucks money I'd own a shiny new HD Dealership!

Motos, both the 602 and 692, sound AWESOME paired with the BT amps.

Thanks, those Motos look SWEEET, sadly I don't have any personal experience with them only BT products

Old 02-25-2016, 11:50 PM
LL247
Former Sponsor
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks, those Motos look SWEEET, sadly I don't have any personal experience with them only BT products

You'll find I'm certainly not the only fan of them on here!

Old 03-03-2016, 05:35 PM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Received 796 Likes on 623 Posts

Shop hard and get some good 6x9 lids. There are some good deals out there, cheaper is not always better but check back in before u pull the trigger as I am certain you will get some honest feedback.
I would save your Starbucks money and get the Moto 692. A damn nice speaker and will exceed your expectations based on your post. The 4180 will be a perfect match!! Shoot me a PM and I will point you to one hell of a deal on the 692s.

T.
T,

I tried to sent you a PM, but is says your mailbox is full.

Paul

Old 03-03-2016, 05:56 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by hbsoldier3
T,

I tried to sent you a PM, but is says your mailbox is full.

Paul
Just cleaned it all out.