Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED Lights-no CD, No Radio

Old 05-30-2016, 12:30 PM
E8USMCRET
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 20,250 Likes on 6,546 Posts
Default LED Lights-no CD, No Radio

I know this probably has been discussed as much as which oil to use but through all the searches I've yet to find a similar scenario or a solution.

Here's my scenario, 2007 SG, stock HK radio, internal fairing antenna. I installed a Vision X Vortex LED headlight and some SoCalMotoGear LED passing lamps. Not sure which came first but now I have zero radio reception. The radio powers up and displays channels, searches and picks up local channels just NO audio. The CD player reads the tracts, advances and plays them but no audio either. Last night I turned the ignition switch to ACCESS and turned off the dash ACC button and everything worked like a champ, today it's back to no radio and no CD playing. Would LED effect the playing of a CD? I'm an audio dunce so bear with me please.

Before I buy ferrite chokes and start ripping off the outer fairing is there anything else I can troubleshoot? Thanks.

Last edited by E8USMCRET; 05-30-2016 at 01:35 PM.
Old 06-02-2016, 07:11 AM
E8USMCRET
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 20,250 Likes on 6,546 Posts

Any takers?

Old 12-21-2017, 06:12 AM
GarBare
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kuryakyn Seems to have Saved Me

So I was allowed to return the Eaglelites L.E.D. headlight that caused me so much grief with my radio reception for a full refund minus shipping. Super company to work with, however, the product didn't work for me. In turn I purchased a Kuryakyn Orbit 7" Halo light #2460 and finally installed it this past saturday then made the adjustments inside my garage. Instructions were a bit shaky toward the end of installation and getting the OEM HD trim piece secured to the new base plate was a bit of a challenge. There's a bit of electrical wiring connection work to do and the instructions were not clear about that either with the ground wire. I installed the adapter harness and tried the light then compared the radio reception on/off/high/low/halo sequences and found that the light and halo illuminated without connecting the black "halo" ground wire to a vehicle ground. I was quite happy that my FM reception had returned no matter what sequence I tried with the exception of one weaker station on high beam. Once I completed the install and assembly I turned on my radio inside my garage and BOOM!! I had all my stations that I have with the original OEM halogen light!!! I'm extatic,,,,,,there was only some slight interference on a weaker station inside my garage but the improvement was awesome and I still have the halo look that I wanted. I caught a 47 degree day yesterday and was able to do a 30 mile road test on both a new windshield and the radio reception, it was so good to be able to listen to my FM stations again!!!! I may just order a ferrite choke on my next amazon order simply to "finish off" the little bit of interference that is there but again, the Kuryakyn light seems to have corrected my issue. Persistence and perserverence prevales and I didn't have to purchase that $4-500.00 light. And I like my Freedom Shields windshield too!!!
Thank you so much for all the replies with suggestions, tips and tricks!!!!

Old 12-21-2017, 06:39 AM
Cheesehead_13
Tourer
Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by E8USMCRET
I know this probably has been discussed as much as which oil to use but through all the searches I've yet to find a similar scenario or a solution.

Here's my scenario, 2007 SG, stock HK radio, internal fairing antenna. I installed a Vision X Vortex LED headlight and some SoCalMotoGear LED passing lamps. Not sure which came first but now I have zero radio reception. The radio powers up and displays channels, searches and picks up local channels just NO audio. The CD player reads the tracts, advances and plays them but no audio either. Last night I turned the ignition switch to ACCESS and turned off the dash ACC button and everything worked like a champ, today it's back to no radio and no CD playing. Would LED effect the playing of a CD? I'm an audio dunce so bear with me please.

Before I buy ferrite chokes and start ripping off the outer fairing is there anything else I can troubleshoot? Thanks.
I installed the JWSpeaker 8700 Evo 2 in my 2012 SG and had no issues. Even better, I have a JL Audio MX 280/4 amp and STILL have FM reception! YMMV