Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The New Kenwood KMR-D765BT is a BEAST

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 09:39 AM
Zip77
Former Sponsor
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default The New Kenwood KMR-D765BT is a BEAST

Ok fellas. I just replaced my AQ Gen 1 with the new Kenwood. I am Very impressed with what it offers! You can micro adjust so many different features. Lets not forget the More Sound it puts out! It took my already dang good sounding system up a couple notches! Has anyone else tried them yet? If so.. Whats your thoughts on it?

Old 08-02-2016, 10:26 AM
Buelligan666
Stellar HDF Member
Received 642 Likes on 334 Posts

I replaced my Sony MEX-M70BT with one. I posted a thread about it here. I love mine. Crystal clear sound. A lot of nice features. I did however have an issue when on a group ride last weekend using Bluetooth. Kept cutting out and on the screen it would say "na device". I'd hit the right handlebar control button (center push) and it would go back to playing Bluetooth. I did a reset last night on the unit. Gotta try it out and see if I resolved the issue. I also adjusted the tilt (road glide) to try and relieve the glare from the sun. All in all a very nice head unit with tons of adjustment.

Old 08-02-2016, 10:50 AM
Zip77
Former Sponsor
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Bue I actually have noticed that with mine as well on occasion. But it doesn't happen when I'm riding. More or less if I'm on and off the bike a lot it tends to happen then. Let me know if the reset works. Be a good thing to know just incase the issue pops for me.

Old 08-02-2016, 11:47 AM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by Buelligan666
I replaced my Sony MEX-M70BT with one. I posted a thread about it here. I love mine. Crystal clear sound. A lot of nice features. I did however have an issue when on a group ride last weekend using Bluetooth. Kept cutting out and on the screen it would say "na device". I'd hit the right handlebar control button (center push) and it would go back to playing Bluetooth. I did a reset last night on the unit. Gotta try it out and see if I resolved the issue. I also adjusted the tilt (road glide) to try and relieve the glare from the sun. All in all a very nice head unit with tons of adjustment.
What Installation Kit did you use?

Old 08-02-2016, 12:05 PM
Buelligan666
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Zip77
Bue I actually have noticed that with mine as well on occasion. But it doesn't happen when I'm riding. More or less if I'm on and off the bike a lot it tends to happen then. Let me know if the reset works. Be a good thing to know just incase the issue pops for me.
I came home on my lunch break. I think I may have found an issue. I installed a USB port in my glove box. I plug the rear USB into it. It won't read a flash drive through that port, only directly into the USB cable on the deck. Maybe that port I installed is causing the issue. It will charge my phone, but not allow the radio to read the device. Very interesting. Didn't have this issue with the Sony. The owner's manual shows it will give the "na device" error while in USB mode too. I bet my cheap USB port is no good.

Bert
LL247 gave me a hook up on the PAC HDK001. It has the flip up rain shield (he took the liberty of getting me one since I got rained on going to his shop, and I explained to him I'm having "The Rainmaker" painted on my tour pak cuz I get rained on all the frickin time). With the rain guard there I could allow for a little gap below the front of the radio at the bottom. I'll post pics.

ETA: The functions go in the following order
Standby
Radio
CD
Front USB
Rear USB
Bluetooth audio

If the USB port is bad and tricking the unit into thinking I plugged a USB drive in automatically switching to rear USB, then pushing the button advances to the next function i.e. Bluetooth.

Thanks guys for helping me figure this out!

Last edited by Buelligan666; 08-02-2016 at 04:17 PM.
Old 08-02-2016, 12:42 PM
Makdaddy
Road Master
Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

This specs the same as the X998 minus the CD player
But it plays flac and has better USB specs then the 998
I am also considering this in my build

Old 08-02-2016, 01:30 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 185 Posts

Good head unit. Seems identical the the x500 or x700 just with a marine rating. I really liked my x500 but just wanted better display. The Aquatic is so over rated. It is fine for the basic user but other than waterproof, is nothing more than a basic media player wrapped in a waterproof shell. Some love it. I didn't. You can't beat the internal crossovers and eq the aftermarket decks like the Kenwood has.

Old 08-02-2016, 03:49 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by Buelligan666

Bert
LL247 gave me a hook up on the PAC HDK001. It has the flip up rain shield (he took the liberty of getting me one since I got rained on going to his shop, and I explained to him I'm having "The Rainmaker" painted on my tour pak cuz I get rained on all the frickin time). With the rain guard there I could allow for a little gap below the front of the radio at the bottom. I'll post pics.
As long as the PAC face plate fits snugly around the detachable face plate on the radio it should be fine. I had a problem with a similar floating install kit that allowed the face plate on the radio to move and loose contact the radio. I replaced it with the Metra 99-9600 and that solved the problem.

Old 08-02-2016, 03:52 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by Bertk
What Installation Kit did you use?
Bingo.

Old 08-02-2016, 04:12 PM
Buelligan666
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by haze324
Bingo.
What's bingo? I found the issue, post #5, not in the mounting or the faceplate. It is the panel mount USB port in my glove box tricking the head unit into thinking there's a USB device plugged into the rear USB.

Last edited by Buelligan666; 08-02-2016 at 04:16 PM.

Quick Reply: The New Kenwood KMR-D765BT is a BEAST