Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replacement In-Faring speakers for 15 Road Glide

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2016, 08:37 PM
HDMikeTN
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacement In-Faring speakers for 15 Road Glide

After I purchased my 2015 Road Glide Special, I upgraded the stereo by adding the 300 watt Harley Davidson amp and the Stage 2 fairing mounted speakers. Being a bit hard-of-hearing, I was unable to hear the factory stereo worth a damn. I updated to this setup in May of 2015. By July of 2015 one of my speakers had already blown out and was rattling away. It was replaced under warranty. This past weekend, the other speaker started doing the same thing - rattling when there is any bass - even at low volumes. My Harley dealer won't replace it for me since it is now out of warranty.

Needless to say, I'm pretty much done with the Stage 2 speakers. Have any of you tried the Road Glide 6.5 inch fairing mounted speakers from Hogtunes or J&M Rokker? The Hogtunes speakers are model # 362F-RM. The speakers from J&M are Rokker XXR 6.71". Any other speaker suggestions? With the Harley amp I need to stay with 2 ohm impedance. Thanks in advance from this HDForum newbie!

Mike Noirot
Clarksville, TN

Old 11-03-2016, 09:51 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by HDMikeTN
After I purchased my 2015 Road Glide Special, I upgraded the stereo by adding the 300 watt Harley Davidson amp and the Stage 2 fairing mounted speakers. Being a bit hard-of-hearing, I was unable to hear the factory stereo worth a damn. I updated to this setup in May of 2015. By July of 2015 one of my speakers had already blown out and was rattling away. It was replaced under warranty. This past weekend, the other speaker started doing the same thing - rattling when there is any bass - even at low volumes. My Harley dealer won't replace it for me since it is now out of warranty.

Needless to say, I'm pretty much done with the Stage 2 speakers. Have any of you tried the Road Glide 6.5 inch fairing mounted speakers from Hogtunes or J&M Rokker? The Hogtunes speakers are model # 362F-RM. The speakers from J&M are Rokker XXR 6.71". Any other speaker suggestions? With the Harley amp I need to stay with 2 ohm impedance. Thanks in advance from this HDForum newbie!

Mike Noirot
Clarksville, TN
Take cover bro!!! These boys don't like the JM or Hawg stuff!!!! Mainly a bang for the buck issue.

If u can come up with YOUR budget number for the speaks, that will help. A little bad news is that if u want a substantial improvement in quality sound, we really need to get u in a nice budget amp so we can push some damn good quality speaks.

You set the budget, these guys will do all they can to get the best possible bang for the buck.

T

Old 11-03-2016, 11:26 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

HDMikeTN:

Unless these speakers are designed specifically for the Boom II amp I don't think they will work. It's my understanding that the Boom II amp uses 4 channels to power two speakers. Each tweeter gets a channel, and each woofer get a channel. IMO the best recommendation would be to pull the Boom stuff out, put it up for sale and start fresh.

Old 11-04-2016, 07:01 AM
Roadie13
Stellar HDF Member

Received 1,005 Likes on 497 Posts

Originally Posted by Bertk
HDMikeTN: IMO the best recommendation would be to pull the Boom stuff out, put it up for sale and start fresh.
I know that's probably not the answer you were hoping for Mike, but it's the only way to go. Come up with a budget and the experts will jump in. The first system I ever bought was J&M, will never make that mistake again. Too many better solutions available at their price point.

Last edited by Roadie13; 11-04-2016 at 01:05 PM.
Old 11-04-2016, 09:40 AM
Chucks1911
Supporter
Received 40 Likes on 14 Posts

I bought the biketronics Road Glide specific kit for my 15 RGS. I'm about half deaf, and can hear it fine.

Old 11-04-2016, 12:07 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by Bertk
HDMikeTN:

Unless these speakers are designed specifically for the Boom II amp I don't think they will work. It's my understanding that the Boom II amp uses 4 channels to power two speakers. Each tweeter gets a channel, and each woofer get a channel. IMO the best recommendation would be to pull the Boom stuff out, put it up for sale and start fresh.
^^^^^
Best recommendation! Don't want to go back in with Hog tunes or JM though. It's not that we don't like em. Some guys on this forum love Hog tunes and JM. But as Roadie stated you can do much better at their price point. You need a new amp and 4 speakers.

Take a look at Biketronics, Hertz or Focal for your speakers.

Biketronics, Arc, Diamond or Fosgate 400 series for your amp.

Can't go wrong with any of those.

Old 11-07-2016, 08:59 AM
HDMikeTN
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Gannicus
^^^^^
Best recommendation! Don't want to go back in with Hog tunes or JM though. It's not that we don't like em. Some guys on this forum love Hog tunes and JM. But as Roadie stated you can do much better at their price point. You need a new amp and 4 speakers.

Take a look at Biketronics, Hertz or Focal for your speakers.

Biketronics, Arc, Diamond or Fosgate 400 series for your amp.

Can't go wrong with any of those.
I would like to stay around $1,000 on a complete set up. I'm not sure I want to go with saddlebag lid speakers, yet. What would you recommend, with the $1k budget speaker and amp wise? I guess I would prefer to go with an amp which can handle the saddlebag speakers if I decide to go that way. Thanks.

Old 11-07-2016, 09:53 AM
TomboAT65
Tourer
Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

For under a $1000, you can get the Biketronics Roadglide set up with a 4 Channel amp for future upgrades which comes with their Line Leveler, an amp mount and the front speakers. Or you can get the 2 channel and save a little more cash.

Old 11-07-2016, 11:59 AM
HDMikeTN
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by TomboAT65
For under a $1000, you can get the Biketronics Roadglide set up with a 4 Channel amp for future upgrades which comes with their Line Leveler, an amp mount and the front speakers. Or you can get the 2 channel and save a little more cash.
So what exactly would I need to order. The four channel amp, speakers, covers and amp mount? Do I need any special wiring? Thanks!

Old 11-07-2016, 12:12 PM
Bama J
Tourer
Received 88 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by HDMikeTN
So what exactly would I need to order. The four channel amp, speakers, covers and amp mount? Do I need any special wiring? Thanks!
Call them and talk to them. They're great. Mention you're an HDForums member and they'll even give you a discount.

Quick Reply: Replacement In-Faring speakers for 15 Road Glide