Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

When your lids interfere with your tour pack you improvise

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2016, 02:23 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by slyedog
Also the guy who does make my tour pack does offer a smaller version just for these issues, but the tour pack was ordered long before I decided to run the new lids. Also want as much storage as possible.
Sounds Damn good Slye! Damn Bro your garage looks just like mine! Audio stuff everywhere!! LOL!!

Old 12-12-2016, 11:24 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Thanks Slye!!! Damn good recovery bro!!! Very cool solution. My lids r at paint so I will soon know if I'm screwed, but ur comments about the Kody Pack r comforting!!!

Ur pack is gonna make life a bunch easier. Great pack!! Still have it in garage and won't sell it. If u have any big road trips, try and get ur hands on a T-Bag TP Bra and the bag u like that attaches to it. Easy on and off thus instant chopped or even King.

Also a liner bag make packing easy as a perfect fit.

T
Maybe you will get lucky on 14 up. A test fit and adjustment on all my parts before I send to paint. Should have mine off to paint in next couple weeks.
Originally Posted by Gannicus
Sounds Damn good Slye! Damn Bro your garage looks just like mine! Audio stuff everywhere!! LOL!!
MY garage is a disaster at the moment. Once I get my bike torn down and back together, then maybe I can get back to being organized. Audio not perfect yet but close enough till my dsp arrives.
Originally Posted by Bertk
Nice solution Slye. Looks like a quality part and easy to use.
Gets the job done and saves from having to run a smaller pack.

Old 12-13-2016, 04:39 AM
flcusat
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Bought a chopped tour pack from 621 cycles, and when it arrived I discovered my Voodoo lids would not clear the tour pack. Spent a fair amount of time trying to space it up. Didn't look right and just didn't know what to do. Found a place that made a sliding rail system to allow the tour pack to slide back and lock into place when in normal position. So if anyone adds any lid besides a 6x9 and you have a tour pack that interferes, this solution will work for you.
https://youtu.be/h2LwKzJqDrs
Hey Sly,edog, could you please let me know how much is the travel distance of the sliding mechanism?
Thanks in advance.

Old 12-13-2016, 02:15 PM
Makdaddy
Road Master
Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Bad A S S
I have the Kury rack mount that slides. But its a PIA
This solution looks way nicer

Thanks

Old 12-13-2016, 11:34 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by flcusat
Hey Sly,edog, could you please let me know how much is the travel distance of the sliding mechanism?
Thanks in advance.
About 5-6"

Old 12-14-2016, 03:02 AM
flcusat
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

About 5-6"
Thanks

Old 04-29-2017, 07:30 AM
twilson
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bought a chopped tour pack from 621 cycles, and when it arrived I discovered my Voodoo lids would not clear the tour pack. Spent a fair amount of time trying to space it up. Didn't look right and just didn't know what to do. Found a place that made a sliding rail system to allow the tour pack to slide back and lock into place when in normal position. So if anyone adds any lid besides a 6x9 and you have a tour pack that interferes, this solution will work for you.
https://youtu.be/h2LwKzJqDrs
Thanks for heads up. I'm starting a moc up w new topshop fender and bags today on 02 RK. The bags and lids are the newer one touch latch made for my older frame. Im still looking for tour pack that I think will hold up to my abusive ways and won't interfere w opening of lids. I've seen some packs that are relieved on the bottom but I don't like the look and need the room. I just ran across 621 last night and like what I've seen so far about them but worried about interfering w lids and you have given all us the perfect solution so again, Thank You. What's your thoughts and opinion on the 621 pack???

Old 04-29-2017, 07:49 AM
cpbedor
Road Warrior
Received 201 Likes on 165 Posts

I talked to voodoo yesterday. My first question was "will your 8.8 lids open without hitting the tourpak on a 14+ Ultra"

No hesitation... "yep"

I wonder if that was just a line to get a set sold.

Old 04-29-2017, 08:35 AM
twilson
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=slyedog;15749085]Bought a chopped tour pack from 621 cycles, and when it arrived I discovered my Voodoo lids would not clear the tour pack. Spent a fair amount of time trying to space it up. Didn't look right and just didn't know what to do. Found a place

Originally Posted by cpbedor
I talked to voodoo yesterday. My first question was "will your 8.8 lids open without hitting the tourpak on a 14+ Ultra"

No hesitation... "yep"

I wonder if that was just a line to get a set sold.
I hope they weren't just saying that for a quick buck bc I've been considering their "aggressor" pack. That lid will give me more room than reg flat lid.

Old 04-29-2017, 09:51 AM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member

[QUOTE=twilson;16185949]
Bought a chopped tour pack from 621 cycles, and when it arrived I discovered my Voodoo lids would not clear the tour pack. Spent a fair amount of time trying to space it up. Didn't look right and just didn't know what to do. Found a place

I hope they weren't just saying that for a quick buck bc I've been considering their "aggressor" pack. That lid will give me more room than reg flat lid.
621 makes a demon pack a but narrowed than the chopped. Mine was close bit had to add the sliding mechanism to make it work. Needed 3/4" more height to clear and looked like crap that high off mount. Can't speak for voodoo pack but 14+ should not have clearance issues with either pack. Part of custom is you never know till mock-up

Quick Reply: When your lids interfere with your tour pack you improvise