Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

When your lids interfere with your tour pack you improvise

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 09:53 AM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by twilson
Thanks for heads up. I'm starting a moc up w new topshop fender and bags today on 02 RK. The bags and lids are the newer one touch latch made for my older frame. Im still looking for tour pack that I think will hold up to my abusive ways and won't interfere w opening of lids. I've seen some packs that are relieved on the bottom but I don't like the look and need the room. I just ran across 621 last night and like what I've seen so far about them but worried about interfering w lids and you have given all us the perfect solution so again, Thank You. What's your thoughts and opinion on the 621 pack???
quality is top-notch tell Dave that Matt sent you and he will hook you up. The Demon pack may be a better alternative

Last edited by slyedog; 04-29-2017 at 11:20 AM.
Old 04-29-2017, 11:18 AM
twilson
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by slyedog
quality is top-notch tell Dave that Matt sent you and he will hook you up the diamond pack may be a better alternative
Right on Slyedog, that's what I needed to hear. I will be in touch w them first thing Monday. Big Thank You.!

Old 04-29-2017, 12:30 PM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 133 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by cpbedor
I talked to voodoo yesterday. My first question was "will your 8.8 lids open without hitting the tourpak on a 14+ Ultra"

No hesitation... "yep"

I wonder if that was just a line to get a set sold.
I was told the same by Voodoo and Speed By Design for my 2015. I have a King tour pak, but with Eglide Goodies speaker pods and my Speed By Design lids were hitting. We were looking to get more room between me and the tour pak so I could use my back rest on longer rides and picked up a Kuryakan tour pak relocation kit. Basically 2 bars of 3/4" stock with different mounting points to give you up to 3 extra inches. The address added height from the kit was enough to give the lids clearance to open so the horn mount clears the tour pak speaker pods. I changed out the crappy bolts that came with it for grade 8 bolts.

Attached Thumbnails When your lids interfere with your tour pack you improvise-screenshot_20170429-132914.jpg  

Last edited by matt76cmich; 04-29-2017 at 05:07 PM.
Old 04-29-2017, 12:41 PM
cpbedor
Road Warrior
Received 201 Likes on 165 Posts

This annoys me. I can't stand a vendor saying it'll fit without modification and then the parts arrive and there is significant modification. Seems like I'm better off just enjoying what I have. Which also annoys me by the way.

Thanks Matt. It appears that at least there's some options out there to make crap fit right. I watched the video on putting together those Voodoo lids together and it looks like a nightmare.

Old 05-04-2017, 08:04 AM
twilson
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by slyedog
quality is top-notch tell Dave that Matt sent you and he will hook you up. The Demon pack may be a better alternative
Hey slyedog, you said Dave would hook me up and you were not exaggerating. I have been speaking w him off n on all week. That guy works his *** off. And being as busy as he is, he has taken alot of time away from his busy schedule to spend it with me, helping me to determine what is going to be best for my needs and wants. I'm not sure what the forum rules are about writing up a review of members experiences with companies but I really want to do one. And they (621 Cycles) deserve it!!! I obviously haven't received my pak yet as we ( I ) just now determined exactly how it's to be built but with what you said about your pak, with what I've seen from other companies out there, with how 621 builds theirs, I know that my expectations will be met when I receive it. Hell, it's probably going to exceed them. Anyway, I wanted to thank you for recommending Dave and his company.

Last edited by twilson; 05-04-2017 at 09:14 AM.
Old 05-04-2017, 08:24 AM
MMXIWG
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by matt76cmich
I was told the same by Voodoo and Speed By Design for my 2015. I have a King tour pak, but with Eglide Goodies speaker pods and my Speed By Design lids were hitting. We were looking to get more room between me and the tour pak so I could use my back rest on longer rides and picked up a Kuryakan tour pak relocation kit. Basically 2 bars of 3/4" stock with different mounting points to give you up to 3 extra inches. The address added height from the kit was enough to give the lids clearance to open so the horn mount clears the tour pak speaker pods. I changed out the crappy bolts that came with it for grade 8 bolts.
Matt, do you still need spacers with the eglide goodies pods? Do they help maintain passenger seat area?

Old 05-04-2017, 10:30 AM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by MMXIWG
Matt, do you still need spacers with the eglide goodies pods? Do they help maintain passenger seat area?
They were designed to fit Focal KRCs and speakers with bigger magnets. I have had the KRCs, EC165Ks, and Arc Moto in the Eglide Goodie pods with no fitment issues. I used the mounting ring that comes with the Moto 602s so I could use the Arc grills (I painted the grills black).

So no spacer was needed with the speakers I have put back there. Right now they are just being used as dummy pods with the EC165Ks in em. Speakers are there, but not hooked up. I like the look of the pods being there vs without personally.

Old 05-04-2017, 10:49 AM
MMXIWG
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by matt76cmich
They were designed to fit Focal KRCs and speakers with bigger magnets. I have had the KRCs, EC165Ks, and Arc Moto in the Eglide Goodie pods with no fitment issues. I used the mounting ring that comes with the Moto 602s so I could use the Arc grills (I painted the grills black).

So no spacer was needed with the speakers I have put back there. Right now they are just being used as dummy pods with the EC165Ks in em. Speakers are there, but not hooked up. I like the look of the pods being there vs without personally.
Thanks. Do they have the holes for the passenger headset and controls? It not clear on the website if the ones for the 6.5 speakers do or not. The other ones specially state that they do not.
Rick

Old 05-04-2017, 04:14 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by twilson
Hey slyedog, you said Dave would hook me up and you were not exaggerating. I have been speaking w him off n on all week. That guy works his *** off. And being as busy as he is, he has taken alot of time away from his busy schedule to spend it with me, helping me to determine what is going to be best for my needs and wants. I'm not sure what the forum rules are about writing up a review of members experiences with companies but I really want to do one. And they (621 Cycles) deserve it!!! I obviously haven't received my pak yet as we ( I ) just now determined exactly how it's to be built but with what you said about your pak, with what I've seen from other companies out there, with how 621 builds theirs, I know that my expectations will be met when I receive it. Hell, it's probably going to exceed them. Anyway, I wanted to thank you for recommending Dave and his company.
Awesome to hear. Dave does bust his *** and for a small family business, not only puts out a quality product, he is there to answer questions and make sure you get the right choice. Glad you followed up, as I can't say enough great stuff about them. See no issue doing a review as the end user should be what is the most desirable feedback. Not only for product quality but also the service as well.

Old 05-04-2017, 11:02 PM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by MMXIWG
Thanks. Do they have the holes for the passenger headset and controls? It not clear on the website if the ones for the 6.5 speakers do or not. The other ones specially state that they do not.
Rick
Honestly I don't know, I have a Street Glide and never thought to look for that stuff. I just slapped em on and threw some juice at em lol. And currently they have $500+ dollar speakers in them that are not even hooked up and are just for looks, kick myself for that one once and awhile.

Attached Thumbnails When your lids interfere with your tour pack you improvise-20170505_000151.jpg  

Quick Reply: When your lids interfere with your tour pack you improvise