Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pricing for forum members worth being a sponsor

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 11:01 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 185 Posts
Default Pricing for forum members worth being a sponsor

Most all vendors here offer us anywhere from 10-20% off retail prices for being sponsors here. A lot of recent pricing given has not reflected that common ground. I get bills need paid and whatnot. But really full retail or a measly 5% or so isn't going to win over some of us here. We would love to do more business, but if you hit us hard, we don't bite. I am not expecting you to not profit. With near 50% margins on most high end product you sell, the room to make price fair to members is there. I am not pissing in Cheerios nor calling anyone out directly. Simple point. Price Fairly, and you will gain more business. Volume trumps margins. More you sell, more you make. If I want to pay full retail I will buy direct.This is my forum service announcement for now. The ball is in your court.

The following users liked this post:
tabperformance (02-01-2017)
Old 12-29-2016, 11:21 PM
BaddAzzBikes
Former Sponsor
Received 55 Likes on 54 Posts

Ok so i have to say first off slye very little of what we sell in the audio world is going to that high of a mark up, however some is. Secondly I have to add in that if you just assume because you filled out a few lines of info to become a forum member you are flat out entitled to a discount....Well l i am sorry but thats not even remotely true. We have to actually pay to be on here and then you want us to give you a discount on top of that on everything? This is how we pay our bills you are correct and most of the time as a courtesy we will indeed offer a discount on products, however that does not mean it is guaranteed to you just for being a member. I am not trying to sound like an *** or anything bud but that came off like you calling all of us out saying your not going to ever buy anything from us unless we give you a discount that your entitled to....Also i have to mention that what you think is retail price on an item in most cases isn't retail especially on some of the higher end stuff...its actually way below and has just become the going rate....There are a few products that i will offer with a very big discount and a few i will offer at retail, it depends on what those products are. Please also keep in mind that a lot of us that sell this stuff from a shop are not huge retail outlets and simply just can not afford to make 20 bucks on a product.

I apologize for the rant there. I just had this same conversation with several respected members on this forum in the last couple of days so it just was kinda fresh. I also would like to apologize if i came off sounding rude or like an ***. I had no intention for that.

The following 2 users liked this post by BaddAzzBikes:
boston jim (02-01-2017), Kave Dweller (12-30-2016)
Old 12-29-2016, 11:27 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

I'm all about Fair Pricing bro but this is another slippery slope. The last dude that messed u over on speaks had a business model that was only based on undercutting competition regarding pricing. No realistic sled audio knowledge or experience, and absolutely no customer service structure whatsoever.
I will gladly pay up front for professional expertise, customer service, research and development, warranty, street credibility, honesty, product accountability, respectable wages for employees, medical insurance for employees, etc thus there is a bit more in play than the 50% published margins that might exist on paper at the starting line.
I'm all for saving a few bucks as Forum Member, that actually has no dues or membership fees, but if u run a **** damn good business and treat customers right in every regard I will gladly pay retail minus a few bucks.
Pay now or pay later bro. Attention Vendors!!!!: Bring ur "A Game" and it's all good!!!!

Just sayin!!!!

T.

Last edited by IzzoQuazzo; 12-30-2016 at 02:30 PM.
Old 12-29-2016, 11:37 PM
SgtMic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
I will gladly pay up front for professional expertise, customer service, research and development, warranty, street credibility, honesty, product accountability, respectable wages for employees, medical insurance for employees, etc
T.
If someone is just out looking for the cheapest deal, that's all they're going to get. Usually with big regrets.

I have no issue paying a few extra dollars for quality product and customer service.

The vendors here spend a lot of time here giving free advice. Those are the ones I'm willing to spend a little extra for.

Old 12-29-2016, 11:49 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by BaddAzzBikes
Ok so i have to say first off slye very little of what we sell in the audio world is going to that high of a mark up, however some is. Secondly I have to add in that if you just assume because you filled out a few lines of info to become a forum member you are flat out entitled to a discount....Well l i am sorry but thats not even remotely true. We have to actually pay to be on here and then you want us to give you a discount on top of that on everything? This is how we pay our bills you are correct and most of the time as a courtesy we will indeed offer a discount on products, however that does not mean it is guaranteed to you just for being a member. I am not trying to sound like an *** or anything bud but that came off like you calling all of us out saying your not going to ever buy anything from us unless we give you a discount that your entitled to....Also i have to mention that what you think is retail price on an item in most cases isn't retail especially on some of the higher end stuff...its actually way below and has just become the going rate....There are a few products that i will offer with a very big discount and a few i will offer at retail, it depends on what those products are. Please also keep in mind that a lot of us that sell this stuff from a shop are not huge retail outlets and simply just can not afford to make 20 bucks on a product.

I apologize for the rant there. I just had this same conversation with several respected members on this forum in the last couple of days so it just was kinda fresh. I also would like to apologize if i came off sounding rude or like an ***. I had no intention for that.
Doesn't bother me in the least how you come off. I get it but most here do not. Again never said all products have these margins. I know what does and does not. Entitlement not the least. I wont go into brands, but keep it VERY simple. If I want some mids for example, the mfr states MSRP on their site. If my price quote is that. You lost the sale. Anything else is irrelevant. If I and others here can't get a break , then I sure as hell am not buying. I said what I said very well, and easy to understand. Why support anyone at a retail price. You oay on here for advertising, yes. You receive lots more sales doing so. That is the point. Volume to members for good prices. You wouldn't pay to be here if you or anyone else didn't benefit.Be it as it may, I spoke my voice for those whom have no clue. Again no offense to anyone selling here directly. Just saying you want more business from some of us, you got to make it worth our time as well. Lots of roads to take. Want yours taken, make it worth driving to.

Old 12-30-2016, 12:00 AM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Tailwind
I'm all about Fair Pricing bro but this is another slippery slope. The last dude that messed u over on speaks had a business model that was only based on undercutting competition regarding pricing. No realistic sled audio knowledge or experience, and absolutely no customer service structure whatsoever.
I will gladly pay up front for professional expertise, customer service, research and development, warranty, street credibility, honesty, product accountability, respectable wages for employees, medical insurance for employees, etc thus there is a bit more in play than the 50% published margins that might exist on paper at the starting line.
I'm all for saving a few bucks as Forum Member, that actually has no dues or membership fees, but if u run a **** damn good business and treat customers right in every regard I will gladly pay retail minus a few bucks.
Pay now or pay later bro. Attention Vendors!!!!: Bring ur "A Game" and it's all good!!!!

Just sayin!!!!

T.
T
We all know where that road leads and lead. This is far from the same. If guys think they are getting fair deals, see they pay full msrp besides any support, that many of us give here for free any time, what benefits the members here? Availability of products that can be had anywhere? Not going down the road to not be given reasonable prices, then kudos to you. That isn't me nor others I know here. You can't coexist with other sponsors and not follow the same concept. You guys want to pay full price, great. I am not expecting anything other than I stated for the beginning of my post. Outside that I don't care what is on the other side of the fence. It happens daily in the world of free enterprise. Not stepping on people's toes here, a simple reminder of what the community here offer's far exceeds anything else out there. Comradre to get people the best they can for the budget they have.
​​​​

Last edited by IzzoQuazzo; 12-30-2016 at 02:43 PM.
Old 12-30-2016, 12:00 AM
BaddAzzBikes
Former Sponsor

Slye if you would like to go direct to the MFR than go ahead and do so man. You have the knowledge and expertise to do your own installs and know what it is your buying. Most people do not have that knowledge so while it wouldn't affect you buying direct...for many others it will affect them because hey are gunna want help with questions and such...that takes up time...time is money...so if i am going to offer people retail price that will always come with tech supper in exchange. I mean i could i guess say here is your discount price and then here is your price for tech support...but that would be kinda ridiculous and unethical. Its not just product you pay for when you buy from shops like mine.

2010blueultra (04-18-2017)
Old 12-30-2016, 12:08 AM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by BaddAzzBikes
Slye if you would like to go direct to the MFR than go ahead and do so man. You have the knowledge and expertise to do your own installs and know what it is your buying. Most people do not have that knowledge so while it wouldn't affect you buying direct...for many others it will affect them because hey are gunna want help with questions and such...that takes up time...time is money...so if i am going to offer people retail price that will always come with tech supper in exchange. I mean i could i guess say here is your discount price and then here is your price for tech support...but that would be kinda ridiculous and unethical. Its not just product you pay for when you buy from shops like mine.
I get it bro. I will leave this out there and things are what they are. Biketronics business model is a prime example. With or without bill, Mike is always there to try and help when possible. Even when products that are not his, to match with his. They don't care about the rest, they are always there to help with a solid discount, and service to boot. If you follow in their way of business, you will gain a lot of ground my man and any other vendors here now and to come. Biketronics set the bar high. Hit that level and you will be golden.

Old 12-30-2016, 12:12 AM
BaddAzzBikes
Former Sponsor

You are correct using BT as the example man. They offer a discount to forum embers yes but on their personal products that i get as a dealer for well over that off as my dealer pricing....so yes they are a great example because they have such a high prfot margin that they can discount....Think about what you just wrote bro....BT is some of the most pricey stuff out there but some of the greatest customer service....you literally just made my argument for me lol....not intended to be disrespectful just an observation

mastergunnera8 (03-22-2017)
Old 12-30-2016, 12:14 AM
BaddAzzBikes
Former Sponsor

prime example...their 1650 kit with the hogtunes tweets on sale for 799......I can do the same setup but with hertz tweet that are far superior and the grills with the tweet mounted for 750....

Quick Reply: Pricing for forum members worth being a sponsor