Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audio system ideas for a 2014 CVO RK

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 01:40 PM
zer0t
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Audio system ideas for a 2014 CVO RK

I have a Road King with a boom audio but it really isn't that good. I'd like to have a system installed, I know it would be custom, and plan to go to a good shop for installation. However, I've had a hard time finding any of these that have been completed so I am not sure what I can expect to reasonably do. I'm not afraid to put some money into this so anyone has any suggestions or pictures of current installs I'd love to hear about it.

Old 02-14-2017, 02:44 PM
CVOJOE
Road Captain
Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

I did Nate Newtons 2013 RK CVO and it turned out OK...not great but OK.
HAT 5x7's in the lids and HAT Imagine 6.5's in the lowers. Pushed originally by 2 HW RS-400 amps, but changed those out for an ARC XDi 600.4.

If I had it to do over again, I would use Bagger Audio Labs DD AW65 setup with the BT30 tweeter mounted in the grill for the lowers and some Pioneer Pro 6900's with 5x7 to 6x9 adapters in the lids. (Would be some mods to the lowers needed to make those fit)

Power the lowers with a DD D4 amp bridged and power the lids with a DA Micro2v2.

I believe that setup would be much better (louder at speed) than the one I did for Nate

Last edited by CVOJOE; 02-14-2017 at 02:48 PM.
Old 02-14-2017, 03:01 PM
FLYINGBROKE
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

You will get answers on stereo , the DD's that cvojoe mention are the hot setup right now have them in my fairing and very nice sound with the tweets he suggested should play loud down there only thing I would be concerned about is how much air these move and what happens when confined to small pod. and not to mess up your thread but have say your engine mods/ numbers are Very impressive.

The following users liked this post:
zer0t (02-17-2017)
Old 02-14-2017, 07:15 PM
Fatherwayne
Road Captain
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by CVOJOE
I did Nate Newtons 2013 RK CVO and it turned out OK...not great but OK.
HAT 5x7's in the lids and HAT Imagine 6.5's in the lowers. Pushed originally by 2 HW RS-400 amps, but changed those out for an ARC XDi 600.4.

If I had it to do over again, I would use Bagger Audio Labs DD AW65 setup with the BT30 tweeter mounted in the grill for the lowers and some Pioneer Pro 6900's with 5x7 to 6x9 adapters in the lids. (Would be some mods to the lowers needed to make those fit)

Power the lowers with a DD D4 amp bridged and power the lids with a DA Micro2v2.

I believe that setup would be much better (louder at speed) than the one I did for Nate
They AW's wouldn't drop right in the lowers? What mods would they need?

Old 02-14-2017, 07:21 PM
Fatherwayne
Road Captain

Originally Posted by FLYINGBROKE
You will get answers on stereo , the DD's that cvojoe mention are the hot setup right now have them in my fairing and very nice sound with the tweets he suggested should play loud down there only thing I would be concerned about is how much air these move and what happens when confined to small pod. and not to mess up your thread but have say your engine mods/ numbers are Very impressive.
​​​​​Now you've got me curious. I'm wondering how well they would perform in the lowers. They're not subwoofers so airspace in that sense it's not as important as it would be in the subwoofer situation but are the pods airtight enough to limit the speakers basic functions? I've got buddies planning on using them in this exact scenario so I need to ask Haze if the pods are a limiting factor.

Old 02-14-2017, 07:34 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatherwayne
They AW's wouldn't drop right in the lowers? What mods would they need?
They drop right in and sound good there too!

The following users liked this post:
CVOJOE (02-14-2017)
Old 02-14-2017, 08:51 PM
BaggerAudioLab
Banned
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

I would run pro audio speakers in the lowers, from that distance while traveling you need volume! Then mount tweeters in the handle bars. Some 6.5 and horns in the lids and hard hitting 8's inside the bags with two D4 amps. Not sure how much bag space you want to give up?

Old 02-15-2017, 05:17 AM
Fatherwayne
Road Captain

They may not need too much air space because this is from the digital designs website. Our that could be a pro audio speak.
I'm guessing those are custom enclosures but they hold the speaker and the Tweeter. Might be an option for you. Looks pretty slick.

http://ddaudio.com/ddownlow/stick-gauge-hole/

-FW

Last edited by Fatherwayne; 02-15-2017 at 05:24 AM.
Old 02-15-2017, 06:00 AM
BaggerAudioLab
Banned
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

Those enclosure are 1000 bucks and he's running the VO series.

Old 02-15-2017, 06:33 AM
Fatherwayne
Road Captain

Originally Posted by BaggerAudioLab
Those enclosure are 1000 bucks and he's running the VO series.
I knew you'd know what they were brother. Ouch.... $1,000. Well they look really cool If you had to buy lowers and have them painted I guess thats not that much more for something looks that good on the bike.

Quick Reply: Audio system ideas for a 2014 CVO RK