Tour pak kills the bass - Page 2 - Harley Davidson Forums



Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tour pak kills the bass

Reply
 
 
 
P
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #11  
Old 02-21-2017, 07:10 PM
SgtMic SgtMic is offline
Outstanding HDF Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: WA State
Posts: 2,181
Thanked 34 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Crappy cell phone, but you get the idea.

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-24-2017, 04:47 AM
tesnevo's Avatar
tesnevo tesnevo is offline
Club Member
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 775
Thanked 66 Times in 56 Posts
Default

I'm runnning focal 165krc's, the original series, and mine is the opposite effect. Focals specs , for sealed enclosures, was the closest match vs sq/power handling that I could find in coaxial. It sounds like I've got a subwoofer with the lid closed vs open. Some speakers are designed for smaller sealed areas (even though the pods are ported it's essentially a sealed "box") and some perform better with larger sealed or NOT sealed boxes.
Another one of those items that's important to match to its installation location.

What did you end up doing for more bass?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-24-2017, 09:15 AM
SgtMic SgtMic is offline
Outstanding HDF Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: WA State
Posts: 2,181
Thanked 34 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Nothing yet. I had those speakers on a shelf so I thought I'd throw them in. Now it's gonna cost me money. LOL
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-24-2017, 10:21 AM
Fatherwayne Fatherwayne is offline
Road Captain
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 582
Thanked 20 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtMic View Post
Nothing yet. I had those speakers on a shelf so I thought I'd throw them in. Now it's gonna cost me money. LOL
C'mon... Somewhere down deep you already knew it was gonna cost you money right?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-24-2017, 03:59 PM
tesnevo's Avatar
tesnevo tesnevo is offline
Club Member
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 775
Thanked 66 Times in 56 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatherwayne View Post
C'mon... Somewhere down deep you already knew it was gonna cost you money right?
Lol, isn't that the normal procedure here?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-24-2017, 04:12 PM
Fatherwayne Fatherwayne is offline
Road Captain
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 582
Thanked 20 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesnevo View Post
Lol, isn't that the normal procedure here?
Definitely!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-24-2017, 09:49 PM
SgtMic SgtMic is offline
Outstanding HDF Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: WA State
Posts: 2,181
Thanked 34 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatherwayne View Post
C'mon... Somewhere down deep you already knew it was gonna cost you money right?
Ignorance is bliss? LOL
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-25-2017, 11:56 PM
Bertk's Avatar
Bertk Bertk is online now
Ultimate HDF Member
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 5,704
Thanked 180 Times in 162 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesnevo View Post
I'm runnning focal 165krc's, the original series, and mine is the opposite effect. Focals specs , for sealed enclosures, was the closest match vs sq/power handling that I could find in coaxial. It sounds like I've got a subwoofer with the lid closed vs open. Some speakers are designed for smaller sealed areas (even though the pods are ported it's essentially a sealed "box") and some perform better with larger sealed or NOT sealed boxes.
Another one of those items that's important to match to its installation location.
Good to know, I have a pair on the shelf.
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
P
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Good match for Rockford Fosgate 3 Ways USCG Chief Audio Systems 0 09-26-2017 10:18 PM
6X9 in the bags VS 6X9 in the lids? RickK Audio Systems 1 08-24-2017 09:23 PM
Audio to date SgtMic Audio Systems 13 03-15-2017 11:28 PM
Need More Bass SCHATZY Audio Systems 44 07-31-2016 06:31 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:36 AM.


 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: