Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replaced speakers in 17 RGS now want small amp

Old 04-27-2017, 06:59 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by SBates08
Not gonna happen. Kappas are 2ohm.
Exactly SB! I keep hearing about this bridging thing over and over again. What guys are not understanding is what speakers can be bridged. TWO OHM SPEAKERS CAN NOT BE BRIDGED GUYS. The amp will not like it and you will blow your speakers. Simple as that.

If you are going to bridge the amp. The speakers need to be 4 ohms and up.

Old 04-27-2017, 07:05 AM
SgtMic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Gannicus
Exactly SB! I keep hearing about this bridging thing over and over again. What guys are not understanding is what speakers can be bridged. TWO OHM SPEAKERS CAN NOT BE BRIDGED GUYS. The amp will not like it and you will blow your speakers. Simple as that.

If you are going to bridge the amp. The speakers need to be 4 ohms and up.
Hence my prequalifier, "if the kappas can handle it".

Old 04-27-2017, 07:11 AM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by SgtMic
i mentioned a 2v2. more than enuf power for kappas
budget... cerwin vega B52. great match for kappas
used 4v2, great match for kappas, using 2 channels

Old 04-27-2017, 09:58 AM
Ashnic
Road Warrior
Received 270 Likes on 107 Posts

Well looking at the Cerwin Vega..is there any difference between the B52 and B2 other then the B52 is the current model?

Old 04-27-2017, 10:05 AM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

I believe the difference is about 50watts. Go with the B52.

Old 04-28-2017, 10:38 AM
Chucks1911
Supporter
Received 40 Likes on 14 Posts
Talking

Isn't the B52 a 2 channel? Why should you be any different than the rest of us, I guess?

Me-"I only need a small amp and better speakers in the fairing" Bought different speakers (2 different sets to try to get the improvement I was looking for).

Me a couple of months later- "well that's not working out" (bought biketronics roadglide kit with the titan IIs and the 2180 amp)

Me a few more months down the road- "not quite what I was looking for" (talk to Alex and get a set of Arc Moto 602s for the fairing, a set of the MMats 6.5s for the lower fairing that I've added, and a soundstream 4 channel amp).

Remember that story, you are about to live it. On the plus side you'll have a lot of extra stereo stuff to add to the huge pile of parts you have in your attic/shop/garage, wherever yours happens to be.

Old 04-28-2017, 10:45 AM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Chucks1911
Isn't the B52 a 2 channel? Why should you be any different than the rest of us, I guess?

Me-"I only need a small amp and better speakers in the fairing" Bought different speakers (2 different sets to try to get the improvement I was looking for).

Me a couple of months later- "well that's not working out" (bought biketronics roadglide kit with the titan IIs and the 2180 amp)

Me a few more months down the road- "not quite what I was looking for" (talk to Alex and get a set of Arc Moto 602s for the fairing, a set of the MMats 6.5s for the lower fairing that I've added, and a soundstream 4 channel amp).

Remember that story, you are about to live it. On the plus side you'll have a lot of extra stereo stuff to add to the huge pile of parts you have in your attic/shop/garage, wherever yours happens to be.
lmao. sounds all too familiar

Old 04-28-2017, 02:26 PM
Springerfan
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Yep, very familiar. I have upgraded mine 4 times in just over a year, the first one was an RF PBR300x2 with a pair of Infinity Kappa's.

Old 04-28-2017, 07:34 PM
Babyboy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 460 Likes on 386 Posts

Originally Posted by Chucks1911

As noted

Try to do it once and TRY to be done.

Been there tried that and my ears said NOPE not yet.
I am starting to run out of room to put all the boxes and to keep them out of sight from the wife.

If you pay attention and listen to the suggestions here you will come out with happy ears for a while.

Good luck

Old 04-29-2017, 06:17 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by SgtMic
Roger that. Marine! LOL!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Replaced speakers in 17 RGS now want small amp