Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auxiliary problem? 3.5 mm plug in

Old 04-26-2017, 07:10 PM
armydoc37
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auxiliary problem? 3.5 mm plug in

Hi am a disabled Iraq veteran with a traumatic brain injury and reason I say that is that I not that technical or hard for me to explain things so here goes but I bought the accessory kit to add a 3.5 mm output or input for xm radio and even have same problem with ipod too but when I use either one I can't get the volume as loud as my fm/am .radio The volume is lower even inn my headset. If I switch from my xm to regular radio it is lot louder, when they put my accessory on at the hd dealer they didn't know how to fix it, so is it just me or does others have the problem of so can it be fixed thanks

Old 04-28-2017, 04:46 AM
Dsm Limited
Received 8,081 Likes on 2,922 Posts

Not to sound ridiculous, but i have to ask. Are you turning up the volume on the devices you are plugging into the auxiliary jack? I use to use a similar setup and remember having to turn up the volume on my portable xm receiver.

And thank you for your service!!!!!!!

Old 04-28-2017, 05:53 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by Dsm Limited
Not to sound ridiculous, but i have to ask. Are you turning up the volume on the devices you are plugging into the auxiliary jack? I use to use a similar setup and remember having to turn up the volume on my portable xm receiver.

And thank you for your service!!!!!!!
Not ridiculous at all as this seems to be fairly common in fact just last week I had a bud ride a couple hours pissed off that his audio was not working properly but when we got to the destination we finally caved in and turned the volume up on his cel phone that was at one bar and was being used as his blue tooth source.

Happens all the time so check that first. Welcome to the Audio Forum and damn I cannot thank u enough for your service my friend!!!!!!

If the source volume is not the problem, no worries as we will get to the bottom of this issue.

T.