Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alright sharknose audio gurus, let's do this

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 08:16 PM
SgtMic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Alright sharknose audio gurus, let's do this

I'm coming from batwings so this sharknose is completely new to me. I just had to watch a youtube on removing the fairing. LOL

What's in your fairing?
What special things do I need?

I haven't seen any speaker adapters similar to BT, so do the pods have to stay on?

Hogtunes has a double amp tray and BT has a single. I haven't checked theior amps dimensions to see if what we're using will fit. Looking for feedback there.

Old 04-29-2017, 08:54 PM
Roadie13
Stellar HDF Member

Received 1,005 Likes on 497 Posts

The pods have to stay on. While you've got the fairing off, most guys remove the pods and split them to add a bead of silicone to prevent whistling. Supposedly it's possible to mount speakers in the pods without pulling them. It may be doable, but I'd end up scratching the inner for sure, so I always pull the pods to switch speaks - 5 very easy to get to allen bolts.

I use the BT adapter rings because I like BT, I'm sure there are cheaper ones available.

I also had the BT amp mount under the radio. The diamond micro 4V2 is just barely too wide to fit under the radio but it sits on top of the headlight like it was made for a RG. Anything a hair shorter than the 4V2 will fit under the radio. Also plenty of room in the cubbies for crossovers line levelers etc. A 4V2 will even fit in each one long ways.

If you really want to get creative, search for Bunker's pics of tweeters in glove boxes, very cool.

Last edited by Roadie13; 04-29-2017 at 08:58 PM.
Old 04-29-2017, 09:00 PM
SgtMic
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Roadie13
The pods have to stay on. While you've got the fairing off, most guys remove the pods and split them to add a bead of silicone to prevent whistling. Supposedly it's possible to mount speakers in the pods without pulling them. It may be doable, but I'd end up scratching the inner for sure, so I always pull the pods to switch speaks - 5 very easy to get to allen bolts.

I use the BT adapter rings because I like BT, I'm sure there are cheaper ones available.

I also had the BT amp mount under the radio. The diamond micro 4V2 is just barely too wide to fit under the radio but it sits on top of the headlight like it was made for a RG. Anything a hair shorter than the 4V2 will fit under the radio. Also plenty of room in the cubbies for crossovers line levelers etc. A 4V2 will even fit in each one long ways.

If you really want to get creative, search for Bunker's pics of tweeters in glove boxes, very cool.
Awesome.

Old 04-29-2017, 09:19 PM
SgtMic
Outstanding HDF Member

I also saw a pic of the horns being installed below the radio in the inner fairing.

Old 04-29-2017, 09:27 PM
BaggerAudioLab
Banned
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by SgtMic
I also saw a pic of the horns being installed below the radio in the inner fairing.
Keep with that thought process and we can do some damage!! Serious damage.

The following users liked this post:
SgtMic (04-29-2017)
Old 04-30-2017, 06:25 AM
Roadie13
Stellar HDF Member

Received 1,005 Likes on 497 Posts

As in inside the vents? I don't see why it couldn't be done. There's a ton of room in those vents and mine are always open. When closed I don't like the air being redirected down and coming up over the tank. Try it someday in the rain and you can physically see it.

Old 04-30-2017, 07:46 AM
SgtMic
Outstanding HDF Member

If you look directly below the radio face, there is a large flat area of the inner fairing. They are right there.

More craziness from BAL. LOL

Attached Thumbnails Alright sharknose audio gurus, let's do this-rg-inner.jpg  
Old 04-30-2017, 07:49 AM
pdevore
Tourer
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Forget the BT amp bracket, really only works with the BT amp. Same goes for the Hot Tunes and trays. Yes I bought all 3 of these and they are still sitting in the garage.
You can fit an Arc 600.4 on top of the headlight, a micro 4v2 on each side. (I removed the speaker pods to install these and it was a perfect fit.
Inremoved the radio and used all that room under there to mount my fuse block and distribution block.
I also mounted the DSP and a 4 micro there.
Basiaclly I used industrial Velcro and mounted.
Im just running the at28's in the wire grills. No drilling into my inner fairing here.
I have a thread titles 4 amps in a RG fairing with a bunch of picks. If you want more just ask.

Good luck
its fun.

SgtMic (04-30-2017)
Old 04-30-2017, 07:55 AM
Bunker
Stellar HDF Member

Received 464 Likes on 305 Posts

If you look directly below the radio face, there is a large flat area of the inner fairing. They are right there.

More craziness from BAL. LOL
I didn't want to put my horns there because I have an amp mounted there

I have an amp mounted on the fairing mount under the radio, an amp on top of the headlight, 4 slot fused distribution block in the right side cubbi, 4 position ground block on the crossmember under the radio.

Cam closed off his vents on his new bike, if you can check out the pics you'll see that's where he mounted his horns.

As for pods, seal them so they don't whistle but they have to stay in there (or at least the majority of the pod does ) as everything is connected to the pods to button up your fairing.

There's some pics of a Diamond 1100.6 on top of the headlight out there, that's a pretty damn big amp but will require some cutting of the fairing mount.

Soundzcustomz also offered an alternative fairing mount that allowed even more options but I don't see it on their website anymore.

SgtMic (04-30-2017)
Old 04-30-2017, 08:28 AM
pdevore
Tourer
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

I also mounted my crossovers inside the speaker pods. I had my Focal ones mounted inthere also.

Quick Reply: Alright sharknose audio gurus, let's do this