Issue with iphone music playback via USB cable - Harley Davidson Forums

Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Issue with iphone music playback via USB cable

P

Old 05-08-2017, 09:59 AM
Default Issue with iphone music playback via USB cable

I've searched the forums a bit, but haven't come across an answer quite yet so i thought i'd toss this out to the community.

i have a 2015 street glide special with the 6.5 boom stock system. i've upgraded the f/w to the latest build as of last month. i use my iphone 6 to listen to music while i'm riding. i've noticed two things that seem to be an issue:
1. when i'm connected to the phone via bluetooth not all of my music is available. i'll scroll through the list of artists using the boom system but only a handful will be in the list. i can take my phone out and select a song that's not on the list and it will play no problem though.

2. i've experienced issues when i have my iphone plugged in via usb cable to the bike and am listening to music. it seems like most of my music will be available to select through the boom screens, but it will occasionally stop playing all together and i can't get it to start again without turning the bike off and unplugging/re-plugging the phone into usb. i'm using a good apple usb cable.

anyone else ever run into anything like this and have any suggestions or are these just bugs i have to live with?!?
Old 07-17-2017, 03:35 PM
Road Captain

my screen locks up when i pod is plugged in but not when connected via bluetooth
Mazz
Old 07-17-2017, 05:58 PM
Supporter

My thoughts on issue one.
The music is in a file format that the stock HU doesn't recognize. It plays it because you selected it, but can't pull that data for display. Attach your iPhone to a computer that doesn't have your iTunes account, and go to the music files and see if you can tell the difference in the file structure between songs that are recognized and songs that are not.
On the second issue.
I have seen this a lot with the older stock HD HU's with an iPod control module. Mine did it all the time. I don't know there is a fix for it, but maybe a firmware upgrade. I believe they can't process all the data fast enough, and the HU just locks up like your computer does when you have to reboot it. Sorry I don't have a fix for you, but your problems are not unique to you. I stopped using factory HU's years ago, because I couldn't get reliable iPod/iPhone functionality out of any of them.
The Following User Says Thank You to BaggerBill103 For This Useful Post:
mazz (07-18-2017)

P