Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biketronics or Rockford Fosgate - 2015 Road Glide

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 02:33 PM
HDMIKETN64
Road Master
Received 210 Likes on 148 Posts
Default Biketronics or Rockford Fosgate - 2015 Road Glide

I have been contemplating upgrading my sound system on my 2015 Road Glide Special. I installed the Stage II Boom! speakers and amp (front speakers only) after finding I could not hear the factory sound system above 55 mph. The Stage II kit was barely an upgrade to the factory system and while I can hear this system at speed, the distortion and lack of bass drives me crazy. Additionally, I have had each speaker fail once - and the last time was out of warranty.

All that said, I want to do an upgrade, and I'm only going to do front speakers, at least to start. I'm looking for a bit more power, but having a little more bass, with less distortion, is my main goal. At one point, someone on HD Forums suggested the Biketronic kit:

http://www.biketronics.com/2015-and-...eaker-package/

I called their sales team, and the lady I spoke to was very honest. She said their kit would make very little improvement without updating the entire Boom! Audio system - which she said was going to be $2,000 by itself.

I'm also looking at the Rockford Fosgate system:

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_57514T...c&awug=9013098

Can you please provide some advice, or suggestions, for my Boom! upgrade? My budget is around $1500.

Old 05-18-2017, 04:00 PM
pdevore
Tourer
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by HDMIKETN64

I called their sales team, and the lady I spoke to was very honest. She said their kit would make very little improvement without updating the entire Boom! Audio system - which she said was going to be $2,000 by itself.

Can you please provide some advice, or suggestions, for my Boom! upgrade? My budget is around $1500.
This is crazy, I have never heard anyone over at BT say that their products are not much of an upgrade.
The BT system is a very good upgrade from Boom or Stock HD. You would be running a BT355 LL to offset the crappy HD HU tuning.

IF you have $1500 and are only doing your front stage you can put together a KILLER set up.
Reach out to Alex at Bagger Audio Lab, he is a sponsor here and can help you out.
Also let the guys here know what type of music you listen to, that will help them suggest speakers and amp combinations for you.

Pete

Old 05-18-2017, 04:28 PM
HDMIKETN64
Road Master
Received 210 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by pdevore
This is crazy, I have never heard anyone over at BT say that their products are not much of an upgrade.
The BT system is a very good upgrade from Boom or Stock HD. You would be running a BT355 LL to offset the crappy HD HU tuning.

IF you have $1500 and are only doing your front stage you can put together a KILLER set up.
Reach out to Alex at Bagger Audio Lab, he is a sponsor here and can help you out.
Also let the guys here know what type of music you listen to, that will help them suggest speakers and amp combinations for you.

Pete
Thanks, Pete. What the salesperson at BT said was that the factory Boom! audio system would limit how good their system would sound.

FWIW - I listen to old rock and roll and periodically some older country music.

Old 05-18-2017, 06:38 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by HDMIKETN64
Thanks, Pete. What the salesperson at BT said was that the factory Boom! audio system would limit how good their system would sound.

FWIW - I listen to old rock and roll and periodically some older country music.
If ur sure ur doing only 2 speaks then the JL500/4 bridged is a killer amp and will sound amazing with the DD AW6 & BT30 or AT28 component set up.
Add a BT355 Line Leveler and ur in a damn good spot.
Just not sure about the amp mounting location under the hood of a shark nose so that will have a big impact on amp selection.

T.

Old 05-18-2017, 07:03 PM
pdevore
Tourer

Originally Posted by Tailwind
If ur sure ur doing only 2 speaks then the JL500/4 bridged is a killer amp and will sound amazing with the DD AW6 & BT30 or AT28 component set up.
Add a BT355 Line Leveler and ur in a damn good spot.
Just not sure about the amp mounting location under the hood of a shark nose so that will have a big impact on amp selection.

T.
T
We have so much room in the nose of a shark nose I thought about installing a kitchen sink, but then I decided to just put 4 amps in there.

Old 05-18-2017, 07:22 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

What did u use? The DA Micro 4v2?

T

Old 05-18-2017, 07:27 PM
pdevore
Tourer

Originally Posted by Tailwind
What did u use? The DA Micro 4v2?

T
I have 2 Micro 4v2's, an Arc 600.4, and a Mosconi Pico. All in the fairing.

Old 05-18-2017, 07:58 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

Damn good stuff there brotha!!!! Nice work!!!

T

Old 05-19-2017, 05:18 AM
duglaura&flhti
Road Warrior

Received 99 Likes on 94 Posts

My experience with Biketronics is nothing but high standards....100% lifetime warranty...period...they will check, diagnose, and or replace said product with a new one....Pricey..yes, but piece of mind...priceless....After five years running, recently had one fairing speaker acting funny....BT sent me a new pair.....Killer tunes....Yes, there's bigger and better out there, but Biketronics is awesome....Good luck

The following users liked this post:
kda1924 (03-02-2023)
Old 05-19-2017, 10:14 AM
Chucks1911
Supporter
Received 40 Likes on 14 Posts

I put that kit in mine. Had myself convinced that I was only going to do the front 2 fairing speakers. It is a great improvement over stock.
However, I moved the BT speakers to a set of lowers, and now have Arc Moto 602s in the fairing. Adding the soundstream 4 channel amp when I get the chance.

Its never ending, really.

Quick Reply: Biketronics or Rockford Fosgate - 2015 Road Glide