Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New DD's and arc install done! WOW!

Old 05-30-2017, 12:27 PM
Markeje
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New DD's and arc install done! WOW!

Finally got the DD's 6.5 and AT28's along with an Arc 600.4 and Kenwood 998 install done this past Friday.
It really is one heck of a setup! It's so loud and clear it's ridiculous. I had NO problems hearing this system up to 80mph. With the batwing dynomat'd and running high volume, I could actually feel the kick drums and toms in my chest at 61mph with NO distortion! Crazy!
You lose some hearing of the bass of course above 60 but being able to feel it in my chest...I feel makes up for that loss! The system is loud enough that my ears would ring after riding at that volume.
It's far and above any setup that I have heard to date, which isn't much I admit. Boom/Jokker/HW.
Being able to HEAR all the details of the music I want to hear at 61mph...my cruising speed lol....is just awesome. I listen to rock/hard rock/metal.

I do think I will lower the gain just a tad the next time I have the batwing off. It's at 50% now, and I think 45% will be a tad better. Crossover on the Arc is somewhere around 80-85. The KW EQ is set pretty typical of any, but could use a tad adjustment I think also.

Thanks To Tailwind and Gann on this project and all the Q's I had. This setup is not cheap, but I know for sure I saved in the end by not trying this and that with this and that!!

Old 05-30-2017, 01:27 PM
BaggerAudioLab
Banned
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

That's an awesome sounding combo!!

I hope DD restocks soon.

Old 05-30-2017, 01:35 PM
xerofokus
Tourer
Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Sounds like a great setup! Does the bass affect your headlights at all? (dimming when it hits)

Old 05-30-2017, 01:41 PM
jt metal
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

Amen to the list of members whom are blessing us with their experience.
I did similar set up. Very powerful stuff. I know you're still ingesting the new found power. If money permits...do the lids. It honestly takes the game to a whole nother level. Trust me......

Peace.......

Old 05-30-2017, 02:32 PM
Markeje
Advanced

Originally Posted by xerofokus
Sounds like a great setup! Does the bass affect your headlights at all? (dimming when it hits)
Nope. On the way home that evening I didn't have any flickering that I could see.

Old 05-30-2017, 02:36 PM
Markeje
Advanced

Originally Posted by jt metal
Amen to the list of members whom are blessing us with their experience.
I did similar set up. Very powerful stuff. I know you're still ingesting the new found power. If money permits...do the lids. It honestly takes the game to a whole nother level. Trust me......

Peace.......
I plan to do those this winter with the TS6900's at this point. The paint job is the expensive part for me....Color matching the 04 FLHTCSE Starlight Black/Candy Cobalt Blue.

Old 05-30-2017, 04:19 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

Originally Posted by Markeje
Nope. On the way home that evening I didn't have any flickering that I could see.
You won't notice it in your headlight. If it does it you'll see you tail lights dim when parked. Mine does it when it's cranked up on a hard hitting song.

Old 05-30-2017, 04:32 PM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 133 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by xerofokus
I'm running 3 amps at around 1080W RMS total. I have not seen my lights dim like my old car and trucks did when the 15s hit.

Old 07-25-2017, 07:49 PM
flcusat
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Markeje
Crossover on the Arc is somewhere around 80-85. The KW EQ is set pretty typical of any, but could use a tad adjustment I think also.
I'm wondering why you choose to use the croosover at the amp and not at the HU?

Last edited by flcusat; 07-26-2017 at 05:05 AM.
Old 07-26-2017, 05:03 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Congrats Bro! You might have spent a little more on the front end but that set up is a perfect example of doing it once and doing it right! Your front stage is set. The Pioneer Pros or the DD VO 6x9's will seal the deal!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New DD's and arc install done! WOW!