Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Arc moto 600.4 help

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 06:54 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by tesnevo
Ive pumped 200 to them all day long for 2 years on one of my flhtk' BUT they were crossed over at 85 and eq'out for "punch and vocals' NOT bass. I've seentoo many push them for bass response instead of vocals and sq. Just my .02

Edited to add: and that's with the arc 600/4 bridged that still powers them.
And that's my whole point Tesnevo. Those speakers do well if set up correctly. I've ran em and set em up on other bikes and I have not recorded one failure yet. 200+ watts. As Tes stated. Guys are trying to get too much bass out of those speakers and at 80 mph you can't hear distortion!

Old 06-23-2017, 07:28 PM
Vision
Road Captain
Received 109 Likes on 76 Posts

Gann, I have the utmost respect for your opinion. God knows I've come to you more than a few times for help. LOL! I've only dealt with the 692s on my bike and they did not hold up either, where as my my cheap Pioneers are hanging in there like a champ. I witnessed no less than 4 blown sets of the 602s and neither was pushing for thumping bass. However, I can't be certain of the crossover settings. You guys have me using a multimeter now. I'm almost afraid to tune speakers without one now. I also wonder is there a copycat manufacture out there pushing fake Arc audio speakers. All came from the same source at steep discounts and all ended up blowing.

Old 06-23-2017, 10:26 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by Vision
Gann, I have the utmost respect for your opinion. God knows I've come to you more than a few times for help. LOL! I've only dealt with the 692s on my bike and they did not hold up either, where as my my cheap Pioneers are hanging in there like a champ. I witnessed no less than 4 blown sets of the 602s and neither was pushing for thumping bass. However, I can't be certain of the crossover settings. You guys have me using a multimeter now. I'm almost afraid to tune speakers without one now. I also wonder is there a copycat manufacture out there pushing fake Arc audio speakers. All came from the same source at steep discounts and all ended up blowing.
I'm totally with ya on this brother. I hear more nightmares about those Motos than any other speaker going. It like Gann lost his virginity while play those damn thing or something!!!!! He digs that shix!!! Maybe it was the magic smoke that sealed the deal!!!!

T.

Old 06-24-2017, 06:00 AM
bladeguy
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Gannicus
Hmmmm

Having ran 5 sets of these speakers and throwing 200+ watts to em I'd have to disagree. You guys are assuming these speakers are being set up correctly.
I will admit that I was pushing Distortion to mine. Certainly that was a factor in their blowing.

Old 06-24-2017, 06:41 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member

Well that's a possibility Bro! Arc tells everybody to only buy from Arc for the real deal. Knockoff's are everywhere! All my 6.5 speakers were purchased directly from Arc at the full $379.00 price. Same with the $429 692's. Who knows these days? Overall Arc is a very good company and if you purchase from them they will honor their warranty. I sold all 6 sets of my Moto's and the guys I sold em to are still banging away today. That said. I also consider Hertz and Biketronics to be very good companies and I've heard horror stories from guys who have blown speakers from those vendors as well.

Biketronics will take care of their customer in a heartbeat. Hertz on the other hand will drag a customer through the mud. Bottom line. Any speaker can blow if not set up correctly. I've seen em all blow at one time or another. From Focals to JL's. At the end of the day thanks for raising awareness to this issue. We'll keep an eye on it going forward.

The following users liked this post:
Vision (06-24-2017)
Old 06-24-2017, 07:07 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Tailwind
I'm totally with ya on this brother. I hear more nightmares about those Motos than any other speaker going. It like Gann lost his virginity while play those damn thing or something!!!!! He digs that shix!!! Maybe it was the magic smoke that sealed the deal!!!!

T.
No worries T. Stick around long enough and I'm sure you'll hear a couple horror stories on the DD AW's. Can't get around it bro! Any speaker can blow at any given time with sled audio. We simply can not hear distortion in the wind. None of us can tune the bike at 80 mph bro. That's why set up in the garage is so important.

tesnevo (06-24-2017)
Old 06-24-2017, 07:16 AM
Vision
Road Captain
Received 109 Likes on 76 Posts

Not to hijack this thread...... BUT....DD AW's, you say at Gann? Are these the new holy grail? Which model numbers should I be considering.... Weather Proof? LMAO!

Old 06-24-2017, 07:26 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member

Not to hijack this thread...... BUT....DD AW's, you say at Gann? Are these the new holy grail? Which model numbers should I be considering.... Weather Proof? LMAO!
Ha! I'm surprised T hasn't told you about these speakers! He's sandbaggin man!

http://ddaudio.com/products/mids-and...iophile/aw6-5/

http://ddaudio.com/products/mids-and...diophile/at28/

Vision (06-26-2017)
Old 06-24-2017, 12:17 PM
BaggerAudioLab
Banned
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

Damn brother you been lost!! Hit me up man, yeah the AW's are the truth...but their on back order for a few weeks.

Vision (06-26-2017)
Old 06-24-2017, 12:20 PM
BaggerAudioLab
Banned
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Gannicus
Well that's a possibility Bro! Arc tells everybody to only buy from Arc for the real deal. Knockoff's are everywhere! All my 6.5 speakers were purchased directly from Arc at the full $379.00 price. Same with the $429 692's. Who knows these days? Overall Arc is a very good company and if you purchase from them they will honor their warranty. I sold all 6 sets of my Moto's and the guys I sold em to are still banging away today. That said. I also consider Hertz and Biketronics to be very good companies and I've heard horror stories from guys who have blown speakers from those vendors as well.

Biketronics will take care of their customer in a heartbeat. Hertz on the other hand will drag a customer through the mud. Bottom line. Any speaker can blow if not set up correctly. I've seen em all blow at one time or another. From Focals to JL's. At the end of the day thanks for raising awareness to this issue. We'll keep an eye on it going forward.
Here's another thing to consider. The Arc's can produce great bass and distortion at 80mph is often not heard by a speaker that can mask it because it can produce bass. The last person that reached out to me inquiring about speakers blew an Arc while running a BT4180 (no clue where he got the Arcs). His headunit using the BT amp distorts at 31 of 35 on the volume **** but with no gain **** he would easily crank it to 33,34,35 on the road until they finally popped. That woulda happened with any speaker.

Quick Reply: Arc moto 600.4 help