Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which PA Speaker: PRV vs MMats vs. DD Audio vs Hertz

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2018, 06:38 PM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member
Received 647 Likes on 546 Posts

The prv's are loud as hell but to my old ears they lack the SQ that the hertz sv's have with the same amp configuration. They are "bright" and the sv's just seem to sound better to my ears. I like the hertz mlk 1650's for SQ but not as loud by any means. The Beyma 6g40's remind me of the prv's but the 6p200 beymas are more like the sv's just not as good SQ. They have a better low end than prv's, sv's or the 6g40's but a tad bit mushy at the mid highs. Its not bad but it is a noticeable difference.

So with that being said, the prv's are the loudest by all means, the mlk 1650's have the best SQ, the 6g40's are almost as loud as the prv's but can be as bright, the 6p200's produce the best low end but are a tad mushy and the sv's are the best all around mid range 6.5 in my little comparison test.

I really liked the beyma coax but they are not the traditional coax as they require a separate feed for the woof and tweeter with no built in crossover. They are more of a hybrid dual mount speaker setup combining both horn/woofer on one frame but require an external crossover or capacitor or separate channel. They wont fit in my fairing either........dammit.........

Just my thoughts.

Last edited by travelingypsye; 11-15-2018 at 06:39 PM.
Old 11-16-2018, 12:30 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by travelingypsye
The prv's are loud as hell but to my old ears they lack the SQ that the hertz sv's have with the same amp configuration. They are "bright" and the sv's just seem to sound better to my ears. I like the hertz mlk 1650's for SQ but not as loud by any means. The Beyma 6g40's remind me of the prv's but the 6p200 beymas are more like the sv's just not as good SQ. They have a better low end than prv's, sv's or the 6g40's but a tad bit mushy at the mid highs. Its not bad but it is a noticeable difference.

So with that being said, the prv's are the loudest by all means, the mlk 1650's have the best SQ, the 6g40's are almost as loud as the prv's but can be as bright, the 6p200's produce the best low end but are a tad mushy and the sv's are the best all around mid range 6.5 in my little comparison test.

I really liked the beyma coax but they are not the traditional coax as they require a separate feed for the woof and tweeter with no built in crossover. They are more of a hybrid dual mount speaker setup combining both horn/woofer on one frame but require an external crossover or capacitor or separate channel. They wont fit in my fairing either........dammit.........

Just my thoughts.
Hertz SV are simply a damn solid speaker. SQ is awesome. Some good tuning will really make this speaker hit u in the chest pretty damn well.

There are better out there, but for the price, these PAs are tuff to beat for SQ and volume.

Disclaimer: these are PAs thus must be accompanied by other sound stages to compliment the 100 and down freqs.

T

Last edited by Tailwind; 11-16-2018 at 12:36 AM.
Old 11-16-2018, 01:08 AM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Hertz SV are simply a damn solid speaker. SQ is awesome. Some good tuning will really make this speaker hit u in the chest pretty damn well.

There are better out there, but for the price, these PAs are tuff to beat for SQ and volume.

Disclaimer: these are PAs thus must be accompanied by other sound stages to compliment the 100 and down freqs.

T
I have to agree. Out of all the ones I have tried, I like the sv's the best .....so far..... lol. Hard to beat the SQ, price and all around loudness needed to hear them at speed. Yes there are others out there but you will find yourself spending a bunch of capitol getting them.

Old 11-18-2018, 09:54 PM
sbeamer
Road Captain
Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by cfave
Finally got my Beyma Pro6WND speakers installed and tuned up. After a LOT of help from Tailwind and advice from Pdevore. I took them out for a ride! WOW! They sound great! Clean Crisp and at 70+ they didnt miss a beat! The Pro6WND are the 4ohm version of the Pro6GND 8ohm speakers and are hard to find but, damn if they dont sound great! Adding DD AW6.5s and AT28 tweets to the mix but the efficiency of these Beymas are fantastic 97db and they scream!
Would the Beymas sound better than AA Moto 602, if I add tweeters? My Arcs are clear and loud! But there is NO bottom at all. I even have the treble turned all the way down.

Old 11-18-2018, 10:22 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by sbeamer
Would the Beymas sound better than AA Moto 602, if I add tweeters? My Arcs are clear and loud! But there is NO bottom at all. I even have the treble turned all the way down.
then something is off on your settings and/or wiring. The Arc’s should have double the bass, the Beyma have double the volume and clarity but much less “bass”.

Old 11-18-2018, 10:25 PM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member

What does your set up consist of? Is a bt 355 line leveler in play?

Old 11-19-2018, 06:41 PM
sbeamer
Road Captain
Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Stock HU 15 St.Glide Sp. BT 2180 amp. I do have the line leveler installed. 2 speaker only. AA Moto 602. Plays loud as hell @ any speed. IF it's not running, then you can here the bass, quite good actually. Start it up, bass gone. Everything is installed according to instructions, including the wiring all the way back to the battery. Alex @ Bagger Audio in Miami, I beleive, said "dont turn anything" So, I haven't. Granted, there isn't much bass from a fairing only set-up, I understand. But the crystal clear ultra kleen piercing sound out of these things, (when running), is not much for listening pleasure.

Old 11-19-2018, 07:35 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

Stock HU 15 St.Glide Sp. BT 2180 amp. I do have the line leveler installed. 2 speaker only. AA Moto 602. Plays loud as hell @ any speed. IF it's not running, then you can here the bass, quite good actually. Start it up, bass gone. Everything is installed according to instructions, including the wiring all the way back to the battery. Alex @ Bagger Audio in Miami, I beleive, said "dont turn anything" So, I haven't. Granted, there isn't much bass from a fairing only set-up, I understand. But the crystal clear ultra kleen piercing sound out of these things, (when running), is not much for listening pleasure.
Your trouble is the amp not the speakers. You need an adjustable amp that you can dial in the frequencies. And yes, the BT 355 does sometimes need adjusting but doing so with the amp you have will be a moot point. It's just not going to deliver the punch you're looking for.

Old 11-19-2018, 07:38 PM
FrenchieM
Road Warrior
Received 184 Likes on 155 Posts

Yep bass will be reduced some due to the eq curve on the stock head unit. Your also
not able to set the crossover on that amp which is limiting you. A better amp may help
but you have to realize that your not going to get a super
amount of bass out of two speakers.

Old 11-19-2018, 10:11 PM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member

I have to agree with Bates and Frenchie. That amp is just warm and with no ability to adjust it then you get what you get. Also if the line leveler has not been tuned then it just wont do those speaker or ANY speakers justice. My suggestion is if you are only going to run fairing speakers and have no thoughts of adding lids/lowers at a later date, get yourself a stinger spx 350-2 and with some adjusting on the line leveler, make those 602's sing. If there is a thought on adding more speakers in the future then get a stinger spx 700-4 and be done with it. When you get a new amp, then contact me and I will guide you thru adjusting the line leveler.

Quick Reply: Which PA Speaker: PRV vs MMats vs. DD Audio vs Hertz