Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which PA Speaker: PRV vs MMats vs. DD Audio vs Hertz

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 11:05 AM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 133 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by Markeje
Awesome info - So what would the 6MR500-NDY-4ohm be like with the AT28's and Arc Moto 600.4 in front fairing? I see these PVR's are 250rms. I think the DD's are much lower?
You won't need to send the PRV 250 watts. They get loud quick and will likely over power those tweets if you planned on running them in parallel like you would with the AWs.

The following users liked this post:
Markeje (07-05-2017)
Old 07-05-2017, 11:07 AM
Markeje
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BaggerAudioLab
You want horns with these speakers brother. The PRV are so darn loud it will drown out a dome tweeter. Like Gann mentioned I've been using these speakers for a few years now and am now luckily a distributor for them. I've tried them with many different combos.....you need a horn.
Loud and clear. I'll stay the course I'm on now. Thanks BAL

Old 07-05-2017, 11:30 AM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Markeje
Loud and clear. I'll stay the course I'm on now. Thanks BAL
i must say...those damn thing get very, very loud

Old 07-05-2017, 11:50 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Ran Tweets with the PRV and currently running tweets with my Beyma and that shix sounds good.

It's all about perspective I guess. As a rider, I just cannot take louder than what I have so at some point I transitioned to cave man common sense and decided there was no need to drill holes for horns, remove gauges for horns, or add amp channels for horns.

PRV is a solid product!!!! Beyma slightly better quality. Bang for the buck the PRV is probably a better play unless SQ is your holly grail and u have another $160 burning a hole in your pocket.

T.

Old 07-05-2017, 12:14 PM
MMXIWG
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Ran Tweets with the PRV and currently running tweets with my Beyma and that shix sounds good.

It's all about perspective I guess. As a rider, I just cannot take louder than what I have so at some point I transitioned to cave man common sense and decided there was no need to drill holes for horns, remove gauges for horns, or add amp channels for horns.

PRV is a solid product!!!! Beyma slightly better quality. Bang for the buck the PRV is probably a better play unless SQ is your holly grail and u have another $160 burning a hole in your pocket.

T.
T are you still running your tweets in parallel with the Beymas or on their own channels?

Old 07-05-2017, 12:44 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by MMXIWG
T are you still running your tweets in parallel with the Beymas or on their own channels?
Parallel. Pulled the AWs and dropped Beymas / PRVs in. 10 minute job.

T

Old 07-05-2017, 12:55 PM
BaggerAudioLab
Banned
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

Hope many of you guys can make it to the HDForum Sound Off. We should have dates and location set in the next few days. Many of you who have questions regarding how different speakers sound will get the chance to listen some of them in person.

Can't beat that!!

Old 07-05-2017, 01:02 PM
Moto Mike
Road Warrior
Received 122 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Gannicus
This is a great informative thread. Takes guys a little out of the warm and cozy comfort zone of coaxial and component speakers. I very rarely talk about my own system because It normally has a very short window. . .lol

Haze actually introduced me to the PRV's a couple years back when we called em area 51 speakers and I've probably installed 10 sets of PRO audio speakers in my bike since then. Everything from eminence to crescendo's.

PRV are the best of the best. Can't beat em if properly tuned with the right amp. I'm presently running PRV in my upper, lower and saddle bag locations and I have to say they are THE BEST PRO audio speaker I've come across and trust me I've come across quite a few! You guys with the 13 and down bikes throw a set of DD VOB3 horns in your gauge holes and a set of PRV NEO's in the upper and lower fairing and you'll NEVER change speakers in those locations again. Take it to the bank.
What amp or amps are you running now?

Old 07-05-2017, 01:14 PM
BaggerAudioLab
Banned
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Moto Mike
What amp or amps are you running now?

The speakers are de-classified but the amps are Area 51!!!!

Kidding.

Old 07-05-2017, 02:12 PM
Moto Mike
Road Warrior
Received 122 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by BaggerAudioLab
The speakers are de-classified but the amps are Area 51!!!!

Kidding.
Damn Aliens...lol

Quick Reply: Which PA Speaker: PRV vs MMats vs. DD Audio vs Hertz