Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ground zero update and how to buy

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2018, 08:46 AM
MMXIWG
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Intent here was not to create discontent just wanted some advice on how to set the HP filter as it is not intuitive looking at the markings on the bottom of the amp.

Old 07-21-2018, 08:59 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

I have a pretty good idea of what worthless is brother Haze.
I'm not here to protect dealers, vendors, distributors, etc. I'm an end user and consumer that feeds the machine and if i determine that a distributor, vendor, supplier, shop, etc that buys groceries with my kwan is substandard, they ain't getting any of it. The shops that are integrity driven, honest and efficient get my full support. It's called business.
Did this GZ USA operation get any of my kwan? Nope. Case closed.

T

Old 07-21-2018, 09:09 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by MMXIWG
Intent here was not to create discontent just wanted some advice on how to set the HP filter as it is not intuitive looking at the markings on the bottom of the amp.
As with most of the HP dials on these amps it's not an exact science plus each speaker can be very different on where u want the crossed for not only their wheelhouse but also ur riding style.

Take some time and put a good ear on it as u twist the dial thru the range in proximity to the target hp cross. If u really want to get to know ur amp and speaker run the full range of the know and listen to the impact. 80-90 seems to be a ruff target for most of the non PA stuff we use thus that wag should be in the 9 to 12 o'clock position on the dial.

Take ur time brother and get the exact sound u want considering your individual circumstances ie amp, speakers, riding style.

T

Old 07-21-2018, 09:34 AM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
I have a pretty good idea of what worthless is brother Haze.
I'm not here to protect dealers, vendors, distributors, etc. I'm an end user and consumer that feeds the machine and if i determine that a distributor, vendor, supplier, shop, etc that buys groceries with my kwan is substandard, they ain't getting any of it. The shops that are integrity driven, honest and efficient get my full support. It's called business.
Did this GZ USA operation get any of my kwan? Nope. Case closed.

T
you are the same person that recommended SP Audio thru a shop that had 100% mark up on all their products. Come on man....drop the act.

Old 07-21-2018, 12:01 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by haze324
you are the same person that recommended SP Audio thru a shop that had 100% mark up on all their products. Come on man....drop the act.

Classy move to try and fuxx that shop over as a dude in the same business.

Just sent him a pic of your post. Lol!!!!!

Great guys btw. Pick up on the first ring, product ships same day, great warranty support and protocols, respectable product knowledge & support and just good guys to deal with. I have no access to dealer cost thus I will spend a little time shopping prices but at the end of the day customer service, the supply and demand curve and map drives what consumers will pay.

T.

Old 07-21-2018, 12:17 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Classy move to try and fuxx that shop over as a dude in the same business.

Just sent him a pic of your post. Lol!!!!!

Great guys btw. Pick up on the first ring, product ships same day, great warranty support and protocols, respectable product knowledge & support and just good guys to deal with. I have no access to dealer cost thus I will spend a little time shopping prices but at the end of the day customer service, the supply and demand curve and map drives what consumers will pay.

T.
It is evident that you care more about what others think about you than I do. Enjoy the rest of your weekend with your ego!

Laters

ps. Way to deflect/make counter accusations, it’s what you do.

Last edited by haze324; 07-21-2018 at 12:21 PM.
Old 07-21-2018, 12:31 PM
MMXIWG
Road Captain

Let me try to ask this a different way. How can I tell what the pot is set at if there is no dot or other marking? Is all the way CCW 30hz and all the way CW 400hz even thought the pot turns more than a full turn?

Old 07-21-2018, 04:28 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by MMXIWG
Let me try to ask this a different way. How can I tell what the pot is set at if there is no dot or other marking? Is all the way CCW 30hz and all the way CW 400hz even thought the pot turns more than a full turn?
Brother, hold the amp vertically. All the way to the left is 7 o'clock and 30 hz. All the way to the right is 5 o'clock and 400 Hz. Disregard the orientation of the sticker. 90 is around 10 oclock.

T

Old 07-21-2018, 04:29 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by haze324
It is evident that you care more about what others think about you than I do. Enjoy the rest of your weekend with your ego!

Laters

ps. Way to deflect/make counter accusations, it’s what you do.
I PMed u a butt hurt report to fill out Bro!!!!

T

Old 07-21-2018, 05:45 PM
MMXIWG
Road Captain

Brother, hold the amp vertically. All the way to the left is 7 o'clock and 30 hz. All the way to the right is 5 o'clock and 400 Hz. Disregard the orientation of the sticker. 90 is around 10 oclock.

T
Thanks. Just the explanation I was looking for. I wanted to be able to get it close before I start adjusting by ear.