Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Sanctioned Audio Competitions!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 12:12 PM
BaggerAudioLab
Banned
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

Yeah the addition of IASCA and DB Drag into motorcycle audio is GREAT for everyone. This is the top of the top when it comes to car audio competitions. Integrating these events in with large motorcycle rallies like Daytona Bike Week, Myrtle, Lone Star, Sturgis, etc. will only send the demand signal to manufactures that there is a shift in the audio industry and motorcycles are no longer just an outlier they don't need to focus on.

For us the current shows and competitions have been a huge success. It's a validation vs. other shops around the country that we can produce award winning bikes. Competition drives innovation! Just think a few years ago folks were all about a Power Acoustik RZ4.2000D with Kappas and Pioneer 6902's. Now we have guys running 8 inch lids, horns, etc. We are evolving and growing FAST!! And by "we" I mean the motorcycle audio community.

Old 09-14-2017, 12:13 PM
FLYINGBROKE
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

I can understand that Matt. Think I have come to conclusion that if ain't in the game then simply ain't in and only knowledge to be gained is at the murcey of those that are to share what they choose.

Old 09-14-2017, 01:30 PM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 133 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by FLYINGBROKE
I can understand that Matt. Think I have come to conclusion that if ain't in the game then simply ain't in and only knowledge to be gained is at the murcey of those that are to share what they choose.
A great source of audio knowledge/information is over at DIYMA (Do It Yourself Mobile Audio). Way more information over there then i could ever begin to understand, but that's the fun part. Reading, learning, and then understanding. Hell, i read part of a book that explains how a dsp works so i could better understand what a dsp does and how it does it. Did i understand all of it, hell no; but did i learn from it, you better believe it. So if you want to learn there are more places then just here to go and explore. Limiting yourself to one source is only limiting yourself. So if you think there is some back room secret discussions going on, there's always a chance of that, but i think there are more people that are getting into wanting to know the whys and how come and seeking the information on their own. And i don't blame guys for not wanting to just share everything that they just worked hard to understand and learn. And i can understand that not everyone wants to dive into an electrical engineering book to find out the logic behind a dsp. And that's why some of the answers and help here are simplified. I'd say the mass majority of the guys/gals that come into the audio forum are looking for the best 2 speaker package for around $500 and that'll make them more than happy. And now i feel like I'm rambling, I need sleep lol. I hope this doesn't come off as an "attack".

Anyway, my $0.02

Old 09-14-2017, 05:35 PM
FLYINGBROKE
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

I like your style Matt, and in your post and from what i have learned sense starting my build is that i hate the hard part of audio and will never do an other one.
I have to many hobbies trying to run a business 3 acres, house, cars, toys and do not have enough interest in the fine tuning aspect of Audio. I painted bags lowers fenders lids pak and installed every other thing on my bike myself and LOVED it. All time consuming yes but all in my wheelhouse and I can admit when something just is not and EQ Freq gains and component specs suck.
I don't take anything I own to a shop so letting someone into my bike was not going to happen any how think i am done with audio for now and this winter is fuel motto 110 kit time .
Admire the folks with the know how and patients for audio for sure.

Old 09-14-2017, 10:18 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Awesome news regarding the potential advances in sled audio product that will result!!!!

Still absolutely no desire to partake in the parking lot DB shix but to each their own. Hell, some dudes don't like baby seal clubbing tournaments and tire bon fires and I don't hold it against them.

T.

Old 09-15-2017, 09:03 AM
BaggerAudioLab
Banned
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

We'll see how these new comps get integrated with the motorcycle rallies or if they will be stand alone events. One of the reasons the SOS series has so much popularity is these guys really try to make a fun weekend event out of it. Both in ATL and Philly there was an evening social at the hotel the night prior, then during the competition major shops have their bikes on display but what was neat during Philly was the donation ceremony to group of Cancer survivors, they also gave a resiliency award to a guy who lost his daughter to cancer when she was 8 or 9 years old and he spoke for a bit, a DJ was playing between events, etc. so it was a day long party. Then at each city the "host" had a night time event planned out. In Philly everyone went to a mom and pop shop for cheesesteake and played their bikes outside. Great networking opportunity to chat bikes, audio, and life with the top guys from around the country. An event like this at one of the major rallies would be a great time. Not so sure the other competitions have anything designed liked this. We'll see. Chances are SOS is coming to Miami April 2018...everyones invited.

Old 09-15-2017, 02:24 PM
BlackPearl#1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 124 Likes on 111 Posts

That's awesome, sounds like a great time get together with a heart!!! Instead of just a noise making battle.
Kris

Old 09-15-2017, 03:49 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by BaggerAudioLab
We'll see how these new comps get integrated with the motorcycle rallies or if they will be stand alone events. One of the reasons the SOS series has so much popularity is these guys really try to make a fun weekend event out of it. Both in ATL and Philly there was an evening social at the hotel the night prior, then during the competition major shops have their bikes on display but what was neat during Philly was the donation ceremony to group of Cancer survivors, they also gave a resiliency award to a guy who lost his daughter to cancer when she was 8 or 9 years old and he spoke for a bit, a DJ was playing between events, etc. so it was a day long party. Then at each city the "host" had a night time event planned out. In Philly everyone went to a mom and pop shop for cheesesteake and played their bikes outside. Great networking opportunity to chat bikes, audio, and life with the top guys from around the country. An event like this at one of the major rallies would be a great time. Not so sure the other competitions have anything designed liked this. We'll see. Chances are SOS is coming to Miami April 2018...everyones invited.
Totally agree about the SOS gang. Seem like great folks and they appear to target sound quality more so than the dreaded meter. Awesome cause as well!!!!
Will keep an eye out for a fairly local event to support that movement.

T.

Old 09-15-2017, 04:06 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 185 Posts

The big picture being explained here is the motorcycle audio in general has exploded over the last few years and the progression in that time is insane. The only part I see about some of the new events is a rider willing to go only so far and still has a nice setup can go and see how he/she does and still feel included. SOS is a awesome community and cause, but the downside is smaller setups have no place there. You can come and play but will get sidelined first round. The SOS group being so involved to help and progress the community as a whole is a statement in it's own.