Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding Fairing Lower Speakers to CVO Limited.

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 08:22 AM
BlackPearl#1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 124 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by brucea4
It's a CVO. I'll either add the two fairing lower speakers with another amp or change out the existing 4 speakers. I need a little more sound.....
Then I guess you need a budget to work with and if this is a one time deal, or if you MIGHT add some stuff down the road. These are keys to doing it right.

Old 09-19-2017, 10:33 AM
brucea4
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One time deal...

Old 09-19-2017, 04:10 PM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 161 Posts

One time deal...
again...adding anything that will fit in your water cooled lowers without major modification is a waste of time and money, unless JM has a great new 4" speaker that plays like a 6.5 pro
upgrade fairing and tp pods and add a good amp

Old 09-19-2017, 06:51 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by cpbedor
Putting speakers in the lowers of a twin cooled bike is difficult and will take a fair amount of creativity and fabrication but it can it done. No more Boom audio though. That's bad money spent.
This is a good post to take advice from.

Old 09-19-2017, 07:43 PM
kevin_n
Road Captain
Received 158 Likes on 121 Posts

The cvo does come with a upgraded boom system. There is an amp the runs the front speakers and an amp that runs the rear speakers, that is the upgrade. Other then that it is the same. My 16 cvo street glide came with the boom 2 set up and front and rear speakers have their own amp. After one full year of riding it I don't have any complaints about the boom product. Now that doesn't mean after the warranty I won't be on here asking for recommendations on a better set up.

Old 09-19-2017, 09:33 PM
brucea4
Intermediate

Originally Posted by yooperhog
again...adding anything that will fit in your water cooled lowers without major modification is a waste of time and money, unless JM has a great new 4" speaker that plays like a 6.5 pro
upgrade fairing and tp pods and add a good amp
HD makes speakers specifically for the lowers.....

Old 09-19-2017, 09:37 PM
brucea4
Intermediate

Putting speakers in the lowers of a twin cooled bike is difficult and will take a fair amount of creativity and fabrication but it can it done. No more Boom audio though. That's bad money spent.
HD makes speakers specifically for the lowers..

Old 09-19-2017, 09:42 PM
cpbedor
Road Warrior
Received 201 Likes on 165 Posts

HD makes speakers specifically for the lowers..
yeah I know they do. do you think a 4" speaker that's 4 feet away from your head with wind blowing is going to get quality sound into your ear? I wasn't talking about the HD lowers that pop into the lower, I was talking about putting a real speaker down there.

Old 09-19-2017, 10:06 PM
brucea4
Intermediate

yeah I know they do. do you think a 4" speaker that's 4 feet away from your head with wind blowing is going to get quality sound into your ear? I wasn't talking about the HD lowers that pop into the lower, I was talking about putting a real speaker down there.

I have no idea which is why I started this thread!

Old 09-19-2017, 10:33 PM
cpbedor
Road Warrior
Received 201 Likes on 165 Posts

Fair. From my experience, and be clear that I have never had the Boom 4" snap in speakers, you need a LOT of volume coming from a lower in order to hear it in unison with your fairing speakers. Your fairing is 2 feet closer to your face and well protected from wind and you're wanting more volume at 80, right? Now take a speaker that's half the size, move it two feet further than your fairing and put it directly in the wind as soon as sound leaves the speaker....a 4" subpar speaker is not going to cut it. Even the finest 4" speaker running at optimal wattage is going to struggle to produce a quality sound on a moving cycle. For the amount of money they're charging to get those things in and amped, my suggestion is to pass completely on it and put that cash toward a strong speaker for your fairing with a quality set in the rears that will play loudly.

The following users liked this post:
Gannicus (09-20-2017)

Quick Reply: Adding Fairing Lower Speakers to CVO Limited.