Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding Fairing Lower Speakers to CVO Limited.

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 01:58 AM
brucea4
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I got the answer to my original question which was do I need another amp to run 2 additional speakers in the lowers on my 16 CVO Limited. This set-up from HD with labor is about a grand so I don't see reading from some of the comments here as the remedy. My bike is covered by factory warranty and I'm not doing anything to void it!

Old 09-20-2017, 04:08 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by brucea4
Well, I got the answer to my original question which was do I need another amp to run 2 additional speakers in the lowers on my 16 CVO Limited. This set-up from HD with labor is about a grand so I don't see reading from some of the comments here as the remedy. My bike is covered by factory warranty and I'm not doing anything to void it!
What specific aspect of this mythical factory warranty are you concerned about?

T

Old 09-20-2017, 07:00 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind

T
Exactly T!! That factory warranty is not worth the paper it's written on! Harley will give you 1000 excuses why they CAN'T honor your warranty. I go back 30 years with Harley Davidson and that "mythical" warranty hasn't changed a bit. Small stuff they will honor. Anything that's gonna cost a huge amount. You can forget about it. It's always gonna be your fault or something you did to void the warranty. Now you can purchase the "Extended" warranty for a nominal fee and they will take care of it. Just my experience and my experience only.

P.S Make damn sure you read the part that says:

*Some exclusions, conditions and restrictions apply. See contract for details.

Last edited by Gannicus; 09-20-2017 at 07:13 AM.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:58 AM
brucea4
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Tailwind

T
I have the extended warranty and don't want to do anything to void it. It cost too much money to jeopardize. I'm wondering two things now....should I buy the HD upgraded speakers ( 76000524A ) or foregetaboutit......But unless I'm reading the description wrong, it looks like I have to purchases another freaken amp.....Now, THREE amps for two speakers?

Old 09-20-2017, 09:07 AM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

I have the extended warranty and don't want to do anything to void it. It cost too much money to jeopardize. I'm wondering two things now....should I buy the HD upgraded speakers ( 76000524A ) or foregetaboutit......But unless I'm reading the description wrong, it looks like I have to purchases another freaken amp.....Now, THREE amps for two speakers?
Adding aftermarket speakers and amps WILL NOT void your warranty.

Old 09-20-2017, 09:14 AM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 161 Posts

not a single person on this thread has recommended adding the boom speakers to your lowers

Old 09-20-2017, 09:35 AM
brucea4
Intermediate

Originally Posted by yooperhog
not a single person on this thread has recommended adding the boom speakers to your lowers

I put the part # so everyone would know what I was talking about! We are PAST the lower speakers. Please read my post again and check up on the part number.....which are upgraded fairing speakers....

Old 09-20-2017, 10:13 AM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 161 Posts

I put the part # so everyone would know what I was talking about! We are PAST the lower speakers. Please read my post again and check up on the part number.....which are upgraded fairing speakers....
we never got PAST the fact that adding harley (Boom) speakers is not recommended here by anyone. But, totally your decision, good luck.

Old 09-20-2017, 12:28 PM
brucea4
Intermediate
Default Forgetaboutit.....

I would like to thank everyone who replied to my questions. Your answers were helpful, even the sarcastic ones. The fact that HD Boom is proprietary and has an internal non-adjustable DSP that has to be " flashed " by the HD dealer I have decided to scrap the speaker upgrade as it will approach two grand if not more! In the past we would just switch the stock speakers out with J & M and call it a day. Always an improvement over stock and no extra amp required.

Old 09-20-2017, 10:10 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

I would like to thank everyone who replied to my questions. Your answers were helpful, even the sarcastic ones. The fact that HD Boom is proprietary and has an internal non-adjustable DSP that has to be " flashed " by the HD dealer I have decided to scrap the speaker upgrade as it will approach two grand if not more! In the past we would just switch the stock speakers out with J & M and call it a day. Always an improvement over stock and no extra amp required.
It's a good financial decision to put any type of Boom upgrade on ice. Wait till u think ur not impacted by warranty issues then go aftermarket.
IMHO, if u don't chop into any HD wiring ur not voiding any implied warranties. Ur just plugging good shix into the HD audio platform aka HU & associated harnesses. I'm guessing ur thinking ur voiding your Boom warranty but if it's in the trash its a moot point.

I think it took me no more than a month to rip the Boom out and never looked back. Everything on the sled was under the "mythical" HD warranty except the stuff I installed but that stuff was warrantied by those vendors/ manufacturers.

In a nutshell, do not put your hard earned Kwan into and Boom "upgrades."

T.

Quick Reply: Adding Fairing Lower Speakers to CVO Limited.