Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Aquatic AV not working

Old 09-16-2017, 10:23 AM
SG-Jay
Road Captain
Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

Tailwind, The factory radio still works, the wiring checks out with a dmm, and I borrowed a radio from a local shop and it also works. At this point it's safe to say the wiring is not the issue, and I have received two pieces of shix.

Old 09-16-2017, 10:31 AM
SG-Jay
Road Captain

blackexpress, thanks for the offer, but I already have one I have paid for and I'm not sure I'm going to be able to get my money back. I'm hoping this retailer does the right thing and gives me a full refund. I do not believe I should have to accept that two new units do not work, and I should be okay with sending it in for repair. I paid good money for this unit and I do not have faith it will last for years to come even if they fix it. I have tried another unit from a local shop and it works.

If I have to push any harder on the face to get it on I don't want it. I don't think a woman alive could put this face on if it's not seated at this time. I'm not a little guy and pushed as hard as I could. if it was actually installed in the bike I think I could move the bike by the radio face.

As Gannicus said, he has heard this issue multiple times lately, he's a trusted member on this forum so I have no reason not to believe him.

Last edited by SG-Jay; 09-16-2017 at 10:47 AM.
Old 09-16-2017, 11:24 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by SG-Jay
Tailwind, The factory radio still works, the wiring checks out with a dmm, and I borrowed a radio from a local shop and it also works. At this point it's safe to say the wiring is not the issue, and I have received two pieces of shix.
Sorry to hear that!!! I think the second part of my suggestion was about the wiring on the AV in that the directions and/or the labels/color coding were jacked up. Been several months so can't remember shix but I do know we tossed out the AV instructions/guidance and tried a different wiring strategy and the damn thing worked perfect.

T.

Old 09-17-2017, 12:50 AM
SG-Jay
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Sorry to hear that!!! I think the second part of my suggestion was about the wiring on the AV in that the directions and/or the labels/color coding were jacked up. Been several months so can't remember shix but I do know we tossed out the AV instructions/guidance and tried a different wiring strategy and the damn thing worked perfect.

T.
No problem Tailwind. I appreciate you trying to help. The Aquatic unit I have just requires the factory harness to be plugged in. There aren't any other wires to connect to power it up.

Old 09-17-2017, 03:03 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

So here's the thing SG. Just like the Sony Mex M70BT. When you find one that works. It works flawlessly! But both units have had their share of quality issues and as a customer we should not have to deal with quality issues. It's truly a coincidence that you have purchased two units that are not working correctly. Normally the replacement unit works fine. I went through the same thing with my Sony a couple years back. Now I'm hearing folks are having trouble pairing the Sony to pandora and all kinds of other issues while mine still works perfectly.

I think both radios have a great design and a good solid foundation. But you never know who's assembling these things now days. Hence the quality problems. If you really like the radio I'd give em one more shot. But three times is a charm! As Izzo stated. His works perfectly. Keep us posted.

Old 09-17-2017, 09:20 AM
Softy 103
Banned
Received 259 Likes on 168 Posts

My Aquatic has worked great for going on 6 months, the only issue I have is the beep tone that is supposed to beep when ever you change or adjust something has never worked. And since it has never worked I'm not even sure what it is supposed to do, but aquatic sent me 2 different software updates that were supposed to fix it, but didn't.

Old 09-17-2017, 07:10 PM
pingman68
Road Master
Received 135 Likes on 93 Posts

Hope it turns out ok for you. I've been completely satisfied so far with my Aquatic unit, so much better than stock.

Old 09-17-2017, 09:37 PM
SG-Jay
Road Captain

Thanks guys. I'm hoping it does too.
Gannicus, I understand there can be good and bad with everything. I would assume they have had a run of a faulty component. I would be okay with another unit, if they test it first before shipping it to me. I don't that would to much to ask. I do have to question the quality control at Aquatic. They should test these units before they are shipped.

Old 09-18-2017, 12:59 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by SG-Jay
Thanks guys. I'm hoping it does too.
Gannicus, I understand there can be good and bad with everything. I would assume they have had a run of a faulty component. I would be okay with another unit, if they test it first before shipping it to me. I don't that would to much to ask. I do have to question the quality control at Aquatic. They should test these units before they are shipped.
Yeah - There seems to be more guys happy with it than not. So yeah I'd give em another shot!! I'm sure Aquatic test these units from the factory but if you have ever worked in a Fedex or UPS and seen how they throw stuff around. You would never ship FedEx or UPS again. Lol!!

Old 09-18-2017, 02:15 PM
SG-Jay
Road Captain

So at this point the retailer has offered to send me pre paid shipping once he receives an RMA from Aquatic to send it in for repair. My concern with this is I paid for a new radio, not a refurbished unit. I could have bought a refurbished unit for a lot less money.
Also, I live in Canada, by the time I get this unit back it will be time to put the bike away for the winter.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Aquatic AV not working