Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Sound On All 4 Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 10:50 PM
Kokes58
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default No Sound On All 4 Speakers

I have an 09 Ultra. Back in May I lost sound out of all 4 speakers (2 front fairing and 2 in saddle bag lids). Here was my setup at the time I lost sound. Stock HU with an Arc 600.4 amp setup as a 4 way powering the 2 front fair speakers (Hertz 165s) and 2 saddle bag speakers (Hertz 690s). I had also a Cerwin Vega B2 amp powering 2 lower fairing speakers (Infinity 612M). Here is how the wiring was configured. I had the front left and right speaker out wires split going to channel 1 and channel 2 on the Arc for the front fairing speakers and going to the Cerwin B2 for the lower fairing speakers. Had the rear left and right rear speaker wiring going to channel 3 and 4 on the Arc powering the saddle bag speakers. Everything was working great and sounded awesome until the sound went out. This occurred right as we were going to move so I did some quick troubleshooting and couldn’t find any disconnected wires or such. I started cheap and replaced the speaker switch on the console. Still no sound. Came across a used stock HU in good condition so I bought. The previous owner said it worked great. Still no sound. Even tried wiring the speakers without the amps inline. I did find the headset audio wires did have sound coming across them so I wired the amps off those wires and placed the speaker selector switch in the headset position and had sound again out of the speakers. Thinking it has to be possible wires grounding or something, I did a complete continuity check on all the audio related wires. All the wires checked good. I am completely out of ideas. Want to stick with stock HU since when my wife rides with me we use the intercom system. Hopefully someone has some ideas because this one has me baffled.

Old 09-21-2017, 09:13 AM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

Kokes ,,,,

how are you turning the Arc Audio amp on/off ,,, using auto sense OR an actual acc powered turn on wire ?

Old 09-21-2017, 09:28 AM
Kokes58
Tourer

I have it powered on by acc power.

Originally Posted by JMJOHN
Kokes ,,,,

how are you turning the Arc Audio amp on/off ,,, using auto sense OR an actual acc powered turn on wire ?

Old 09-21-2017, 02:16 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor

what is the little light doing on the side of the amp when you turn on the ignition ? ,,,,

Old 09-21-2017, 02:25 PM
Kokes58
Tourer

It stays a solid green.

Originally Posted by JMJOHN
what is the little light doing on the side of the amp when you turn on the ignition ? ,,,,

Old 09-21-2017, 09:47 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor

wow ,,, solid green on the amp but no sound ? ,,,,,,,

if you bypass the amp and go direct from the radio to the speakers ?

Old 09-22-2017, 08:22 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

You have two amps and 6 speakers. The fairing speakers and the saddle bags speakers are connected to the Arc 600.4 and the infinity speakers in the lower pods are connected to the Cerwin Vega? Yet you have only loss sound to 4 speakers connected to the Arc amp? I assume you still have sound to the lowers with the old HU and the new one? Please clarify.

Old 09-24-2017, 09:07 PM
Kokes58
Tourer

Lost all sound except when the speaker switch is in the headset position. Have sound through the headsets.

Originally Posted by Gannicus
You have two amps and 6 speakers. The fairing speakers and the saddle bags speakers are connected to the Arc 600.4 and the infinity speakers in the lower pods are connected to the Cerwin Vega? Yet you have only loss sound to 4 speakers connected to the Arc amp? I assume you still have sound to the lowers with the old HU and the new one? Please clarify.

Old 09-25-2017, 03:56 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by Kokes58
Lost all sound except when the speaker switch is in the headset position. Have sound through the headsets.
Stranger things have happened but I'd say either your wiring harness to your HU is not connecting properly or BOTH of your HU's are defective. I've experienced both scenarios. I'd send one of those HU's to Ironcrossaudio and get it checked out. They have excellent service and the turn around is very fast.

http://www.ironcrossaudio.com/