Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my latest install is complete and ready to roll

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2017, 04:42 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 185 Posts

Appreciate the responses. Really some big factor many underestimate is the design and install challenge. Having filler lights and getting the speakers in just the right spot with no room for error and finding a amp mounting concept that will leave as much usable space in the stretch recess of the bags are all a challenge. Then adding liners and working around all that is very time consuming if you're meticulous about it. As far as the 880. I really do not miss them. Great speaker, had its place and did it's job well, but the improvement from now vs then far exceeds the 880's capabilities. Also was glad to be able to give a good deal to a fellow brother here so he could also get where he wanted after some hiccups along the way. Cory Thanks and also your Welcome LOL!!!

Old 10-04-2017, 12:28 AM
cmcbri1
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question horns

hey so I seen you have all running off of one amp how did you separate horns from full range mid bass speakers? I just ordered st 25 and 165.1 spl for up front the milli pro 165.3 for tour pak plus the 200.1 spl and st 35 horns and I am hung up on should I get a separate amp for the horns

Old 10-04-2017, 01:36 AM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by cmcbri1
hey so I seen you have all running off of one amp how did you separate horns from full range mid bass speakers? I just ordered st 25 and 165.1 spl for up front the milli pro 165.3 for tour pak plus the 200.1 spl and st 35 horns and I am hung up on should I get a separate amp for the horns
I have 3 amps. One amp feeds the front fairing mids on front channels and the horns in parallel off the rear channels. Second amp feeds the lid mids and 3rd is dedicated to the bags. All fed off a Arc psm dsp except the horns. For your setup I would advise a Arc 600.4 for the mids and the new digital designs micro 4 channel. The new dd amp will allow a hp crossover point up to 5khz that will allow you to not need to wire the caps inline and have a little more control on the 2 sets of horns. And if you feel like running the caps the size being not much bigger than a bigger version of the I phone is easy to mount in tight spots.

Old 10-04-2017, 09:07 AM
BaggerBill103
Road Captain
Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Nicely done Matt!! Very impressive!! Always nice to see I'm not the only one with OCD on install cleanliness! lol Now clean your garage up

Old 10-05-2017, 12:58 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Sounds and looks fantastic!!!

Old 10-06-2017, 01:27 AM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by BaggerBill103
Nicely done Matt!! Very impressive!! Always nice to see I'm not the only one with OCD on install cleanliness! lol Now clean your garage up
Thanks Bill. Cleaning done mostly. I can see my work bench top again and all my tools are back in my box, floor swept. I always look at all the tools I pile up before putting stuff away and I amaze myself at how many tools I really have. Never can have too many tools!!!!
Originally Posted by Bertk
Sounds and looks fantastic!!!
Thanks Bert. How you been buddy? Hopefully you faired out well with Irma.

Old 10-09-2017, 08:39 AM
CVOJOE
Road Captain
Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

DAMMMMMMMN buddy...that sounds so bad ***.

Old 10-09-2017, 08:56 AM
BaggerAudioLab
Banned
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by CVOJOE
DAMMMMMMMN buddy...that sounds so bad ***.
Where you been man!!!!!??!!?

Old 10-09-2017, 11:55 AM
Cheesehead_13
Tourer
Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by slyedog
Got my bags done and all the wiring and the dsp reconfigured for new setup. Install went well and came out clean as could be. No kits here. All hand made by myself. Took some work to get all how I wanted but amp very happy with end result. Thanks to baggeraudiolab for the equipment and advice along the way. Right now the bags have so much air volume the lid speaker hits my grill when turned up so they are down -3db to keep all in check. Sounds absolutely phenomenal and after more refining will be even better. some pics and couple vids of sound after initial tune.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIg-y5agGcU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CpqFzYcDmg
Damn...that looks soooooo awesome. And sounds amazing.

Old 10-10-2017, 02:01 AM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by slyedog
Thanks Bert. How you been buddy? Hopefully you faired out well with Irma.
Doing well. Very minor damage and five days without power.

Traded both bikes and purchased a 2018 SGS. I want to start fresh with new audio. I see there has been a lot of new options being used so going to need some assistance putting a package together. Going to hitting Alex up soon.

Quick Reply: my latest install is complete and ready to roll