Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to get flashed in the Houston area?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2017, 08:31 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocket67
I am emailing you right now. I want to setup something Thursday.
That's a good move right there Rocket!!!!

Our local HD boys have the machine we can play with but unfortunately zero training or knowledge about how it impacts sled audio.

T.

Old 10-24-2017, 08:35 AM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member
Received 666 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by JMJOHN
In my opinion ,,, THE BEST Harley radio flash for an aftermarket amp, using the Techno-Research digital technician is as follows: ,,,,,

FIRST: 4-speakers, upper-fairing, rear-pods, no-amp ,,,,,,

SECOND: ENABLE amp #1 ,,,,,,,

THIRD: Enable amp #2 ,,,,,

that is the flash we use for all J&M ROKKER Stage4 systems ,,,,,,

it lowers the output of the radio, flattens out the EQ, activates the distortion limiters inside the DSP section of the Harley Infotainment radio ,,,,

also turns on rear channel outputs, activates front/rear fade control, bass, treble and auto-volume controls from the radio itself ,,,, (NOT relying upon Harley external amplifiers for these features) ,,,

with the 8-speaker/multiple amplifier flash using the Harley dealer’s digital technician, the radio output is lowered, but the signal is not as clean, and the front/rear fader controls are not activated inside the radio, nor do the bass/treble controls have the same effect ,,,,,

same goes with the AVC control with the Harley dealer flash ,,,,,

When using the Diag-4-bike digital technician, you will flash the radio the same way, but instead of amps #1 & #2 being “enabled” they would be set to “yes” ,,,,,

These speaker/amp configuration flashes, have nothing to do with and are NOT altered but the periodic Harley radio UPDATES performed thru the dash mounted USB port ,,,,,

In addition these radio FLASH configurations will not interfere with OR change the radio flash settings for the new Harley WHIM (wireless headset interface module) ,,,,,

There will be a new video forthcoming that will deal specifically with these Harley radio flash options ,,,,,

I am concerned about flattening the EQ too much and losing the bass I had with the stock 4.3 using only 2 fairing speakers. I was really happy with the setup before I switched to the Boom! 6.5 and now am not really impressed. I would love to go back to what I had unless you can make it even better...that would be awesome.

I hope you don't mind working with a non J&M System. I know there are a bunch of folks running a similar setup as me so this should be interesting.

Old 10-24-2017, 08:37 AM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Tailwind
That's a good move right there Rocket!!!!

Our local HD boys have the machine we can play with but unfortunately zero training or knowledge about how it impacts sled audio.

T.

Yeah, I was about to text you but see you are up early on your vacation..LOL. I didn't know they would be there but am looking forward to having them play with my setup. I have seen the videos and numerous posts from J&M, they seem to have done a couple of these.

Old 10-24-2017, 08:44 AM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Rocket ,,,,,,

the BEST FLASH in my opinion is the same whether you are using J&M ROKKER audio equipment or some other brand, does not matter ,,,,

you will not lose bass response with the J&M custom stage4 flash, quite the contrary, the bass signals available will not only increase, but the distortion limiters inside the DSP section of the Harley radio will keep it from going into what "I call" BLATTT mode, which means the speaker is constantly banging up against it's mechanical travel limits as the bass pounds the cone forward ,,,,

I have posted these stage4 flash details so many times that I am almost dizzy ,,, and I am surprised that at least one of these guys posting here on HD forums doesn't just give it a try to see what I am talking about ,,,,,

Old 10-24-2017, 09:14 AM
Bunker
Stellar HDF Member

Received 464 Likes on 305 Posts

If John can't get to you for any reason and you feel like a road trip over my way, The Audio Edge in Nederland can flash aftermarket.

Cowboy Harley will flash but it's the Harley flash and you'll want to use the 2 amp 8 speaker (as mentioned by Alex) but you loose a little.

The aftermarket flashes are a better option right now (it's very similar to the old dealer flash that everyone wanted), this is the one John outlined.

The following users liked this post:
TexasMotorcycleRider (10-24-2017)
Old 10-24-2017, 09:20 AM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by JMJOHN
Rocket ,,,,,,

the BEST FLASH in my opinion is the same whether you are using J&M ROKKER audio equipment or some other brand, does not matter ,,,,

you will not lose bass response with the J&M custom stage4 flash, quite the contrary, the bass signals available will not only increase, but the distortion limiters inside the DSP section of the Harley radio will keep it from going into what "I call" BLATTT mode, which means the speaker is constantly banging up against it's mechanical travel limits as the bass pounds the cone forward ,,,,

I have posted these stage4 flash details so many times that I am almost dizzy ,,, and I am surprised that at least one of these guys posting here on HD forums doesn't just give it a try to see what I am talking about ,,,,,

I am in, sent you an email. I want to get this done as soon as I get to the rally in Galveston.

Old 10-24-2017, 09:25 AM
MMXIWG
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Let us know what you think. I'm always ready to learn a new way to do something.

Old 10-30-2017, 06:50 PM
Bunker
Stellar HDF Member

Received 464 Likes on 305 Posts

Just talked to the guys at The Audio Edge, they'll be setup at the rally harbor side.

Flashes are $50 or free with purchase (they'll be doing installs)

Old 10-31-2017, 06:56 AM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 724 Likes on 483 Posts

Badd azz should be at the rally as well..

Old 10-31-2017, 07:18 AM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Bunker
Just talked to the guys at The Audio Edge, they'll be setup at the rally harbor side.

Flashes are $50 or free with purchase (they'll be doing installs)

Any idea what equipment they are using? I went to their website and didn't find a lot of info.

Quick Reply: Where to get flashed in the Houston area?