Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Euphoria EPC6K - DB Drive

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2017, 04:36 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts
Default Euphoria EPC6K - DB Drive

After testing today, these speakers are hands down the best damn bang for the buck fairing speakers going. HALF the price of the AWs and imho deliver much more.
103 SPL
250 W RMS Power rating
500 W Dynamic
Recommended RMS 75-150W
80 Hz to 21000 Hz.
28mm tweeter
Damn loud
Solid warmth
Small crossovers.

All around very well balance Speaker. They are staying on my sled.

DB Drive has been around the competition circuit for almost 20 years and based on this setup I think someone has whispered in their ears about sled audio as the specs and size of the crossovers were meant to be.

http://euphoriacaraudio.com/product/epc6k/

They also have a coax set that has damn near the same specs, including a 28mm tweet, so if guy's that don't want to drill grills at least u have options. A little less on the top end watts too. I'm a fan of components over coax but the coax sound solid as well.

http://dbdrive.net/product/wdx6moto/

They both have big magnets so if u try these in other locations than the fairing, keep an eye on that factor.

Even though DB Drive is in Texas, I have been getting my DB stuff from Spork Customs up in Michigan. He has shipped my stuff same day and if he does not have it he has also Drop shipped from his distributor. Brian Short. Great guy!!!! FB messaging seems to be the best comm tool.

T

Last edited by Tailwind; 10-27-2017 at 05:47 PM.
Old 10-27-2017, 05:01 PM
HogPilot54
Tourer
Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Are they better than the Mmats PA601.4's?

Old 10-27-2017, 05:04 PM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,131 Likes on 762 Posts

Very interesting. I guess they are better than what you pulled out? Anything out there that you would compare them too?
Thanks for the review

Old 10-27-2017, 05:07 PM
HogPilot54
Tourer

What's the difference between the EPC6K's and the WDX65C's?

Old 10-27-2017, 05:10 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by HogPilot54
Are they better than the Mmats PA601.4's?
My ears did not like the Mmats so would not be fair comparison. Some dudes love the Mmats but I am more of a full range audio guy out of each speaker hole.

T.

Last edited by Tailwind; 10-27-2017 at 05:46 PM.
The following users liked this post:
HogPilot54 (10-27-2017)
Old 10-27-2017, 05:14 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

What's the difference between the EPC6K's and the WDX65C's?
One is component, which I recommend, and the other is coax. I just like component stuff more but for guys that don't want to drill holes in grills or possibly have a need in the lowers for loud full range the coax are performers as well. Coax are weather treated, not sure about the EPCs.

T

Old 10-27-2017, 05:16 PM
HogPilot54
Tourer

Originally Posted by Tailwind
One is component, which I recommend, and the other is coax. I just like component stuff more but for guys that don't want to drill holes in grills or possibly have a need in the lowers for loud full range the coax are performers as well. Coax are weather treated, not sure about the EPCs.

T
No Sir. They're both components.

http://dbdrive.net/product/wdx65c/

Old 10-27-2017, 05:23 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by eaglefan1
Very interesting. I guess they are better than what you pulled out? Anything out there that you would compare them too?
Thanks for the review
Eagle,
Recently I have been trying a bunch of different PAs in the fairing and just not getting the full range I like. Beyma Pros were the last longer term speakers and they were pretty wide range PAs but just not dynamic enuff. Loud and clear but weak on the mids below 100 Hz.

The cool thing about This DB line is that they have been in the PA world for decades thus understand the SPL / high efficiency stuff thus bringing in some dynamic sound with a SPL of 103 is not an easy task.

As dudes always say, u can't get loud, clear, warm all in one package but this is as close as I have seen. I gave up a little loud and clear from the Beyma, PRV, Crescendo, Eminence, etc, but it's and damn good exchange for my ears. Still damn loud and clear but a bit more rich.

Similar to the AWs, just a ton more efficient thus much louder for the same watts.

T.

Old 10-27-2017, 05:28 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

No Sir. They're both components.

http://dbdrive.net/product/wdx65c/
My bad bro. Thought u were talking about the EPC and Moto links I put up.
No clue about the ones u have mentioned but they look damn near identical.

T.

The following users liked this post:
HogPilot54 (10-27-2017)
Old 10-27-2017, 05:29 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Eagle,
Recently I have been trying a bunch of different PAs in the fairing and just not getting the full range I like. Beyma Pros were the last longer term speakers and they were pretty wide range PAs but just not dynamic enuff. Loud and clear but weak on the mids below 100 Hz.

The cool thing about This DB line is that they have been in the PA world for decades thus understand the SPL / high efficiency stuff thus bringing in some dynamic sound with a SPL of 103 is not an easy task.

As dudes always say, u can't get loud, clear, warm all in one package but this is as close as I have seen. I gave up a little loud and clear from the Beyma, PRV, Crescendo, Eminence, etc, but it's and damn good exchange for my ears. Still damn loud and clear but a bit more rich.

Similar to the AWs, just a ton more efficient thus much louder for the same watts.

T.
What measurements were used to base that sensitivity rating?

Quick Reply: Euphoria EPC6K - DB Drive