Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tailwind almost stole my thunder WDX6MOTO

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2017, 07:40 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by slyedog
Man keep on a selling cause most who know are not buying. Even attempting to compare a coaxial to a component is hilarious. Keep your db and their subsidiary. I will never go down this road and hope no one else does. Keep the garbage off here. J&,M may be better.
Folks, now this is what u call an IQ test.

The audio industry manufacturers are paying attention to the sled audio industry and producing very non traditional products that might potentially meet our needs/demands. But rather than praise any/all attempts at such advance, we attack folks that have physically touched and heard the products being introduced and are providing honest individual & optimistic reviews about such products and where the sled audio industry is headed.

Total bullshix post Slye. This is the shix that's not welcome here bro. Grow up man!!! Or at least stay away from the 4:30 AM binge related keyboard rants.

T.

Last edited by Tailwind; 10-28-2017 at 07:59 AM.
Old 10-28-2017, 07:40 AM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 133 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by Roadie13
I think a lot of guys forget about this and it is important. I spend some time putting around town and some time blasting down the slab - but the majority of my riding is between 45-65 mph on country roads and that's what my amp is set to give me my personal best sound at 14/17. There are a lot of "I want loud and clear at 80+" and I understand that's not their only goal and it has to be a good setup to do that, but with so much change in the last few years it's very possible to have a system that sounds better in one area than the others and still be a very good overall performer.
And see that's why i like my setup. I keep it around 8/17 on backroads and might turn it up to 10/17 on the highway. Amps and speakers aren't being stressed unless i want to turn it up to 14/17.

Disclaimer: 15/17 is where my headunit has distortion, so i will never turn it up past 14/17.

Old 10-28-2017, 08:01 AM
SOFTPETER
Tourer
Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts

Im not selling. Them just throwing it out there. I hope most know that MMats , PRV, DD mid bass speakers are very similar. This is just like that but you have a UV coated Pro Audio speaker in a coax design. No other company is doing that at this level. 80hz, so unlike most pro audio mids you get bass out of these.

The Victory guys on FB at all over these things with some great results. Just trying for us to not get left in the dust.

Just go to DB's FB page and see Daniel Herns review on these. It's like 20 min

All i'm saying is be open minded.

Last edited by SOFTPETER; 10-28-2017 at 08:06 AM.
Old 10-28-2017, 08:04 AM
BaggerBill103
Road Captain
Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Regardless of your average speed, you do ride on the highway at 75-80mph. So I want a system that can handle that. Not going to build a system that I just take off the table when going above 65. That is when I want my music the most, on the boring highway. So I'm lost when people say they are building a system to their average speed?

As far as the post and not making judgements and statements of who's "speaker" is bigger, I like the thought that there maybe another coax worth trying. I will never go back to coax. For those who must use them in their fairing, there may now be an alternative to the AD's. Would love to see some test comparisons of the two.

Old 10-28-2017, 08:27 AM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Folks, now this is what u call an IQ test.

The audio industry manufacturers are paying attention to the sled audio industry and producing very non traditional products that might potentially meet our needs/demands. But rather than praise any/all attempts at such advance, we attack folks that have physically touched and heard the products being introduced and are providing honest individual & optimistic reviews about such products and where the sled audio industry is headed.

Total bullshix post Slye. This is the shix that's not welcome here bro. Grow up man!!! Or at least stay away from the 4:30 AM binge related keyboard rants.

T.
I am raw and speak it like it should be. No coax is ever going to be better than a pa or Component. Maybe parked. Just like Gann stated total bs. If y'all want to revert backwards be my guest. But I have the same right to voice my opinion just like you!!!! Don't like it scroll on past. I for one will not stand by while potential junk is no being brought forth and compared to known solid setups.

Old 10-28-2017, 08:30 AM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by SOFTPETER
Im not selling. Them just throwing it out there. I hope most know that MMats , PRV, DD mid bass speakers are very similar. This is just like that but you have a UV coated Pro Audio speaker in a coax design. No other company is doing that at this level. 80hz, so unlike most pro audio mids you get bass out of these.

The Victory guys on FB at all over these things with some great results. Just trying for us to not get left in the dust.

Just go to DB's FB page and see Daniel Herns review on these. It's like 20 min

All i'm saying is be open minded.
Dan is a ok guy but he is very brand biased. Maybe they are a hit. Send a set to Gann or another independent unbiased member willing to install them. Till that report comes back I am fully a skeptic of this brand and their lineup. I am just not feeling it, especially when compared to what was mentioned.

Old 10-28-2017, 08:33 AM
SOFTPETER
Tourer
Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by slyedog
Dan is a ok guy but he is very brand biased. Maybe they are a hit. Send a set to Gann or another independent unbiased member willing to install them. Till that report comes back I am fully a skeptic of this brand and their lineup. I am just not feeling it, especially when compared to what was mentioned.

Thats great that you are passionate!! Did you see the review on FB and hear them?

Once again I have no skin in the game. Being close minded is what kept us in plug and play systems for 10 years.

Old 10-28-2017, 08:50 AM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Gannicus
SOFTPETER-
You had my attention for a moment. But when you said these coaxials blow away the PRV's you lost me right there. No way in hell bro!! Gotta call BS on that one. Furthermore I'll call out anybody who agrees with you. My PRV's vs. whomever!! Set it up and I'll be there.
now we know how to get Gann to a meet n greet!!! lol

Old 10-28-2017, 08:52 AM
BaggerAudioLab
Banned
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

I think it's good to have options and try new things out!! There's a reason why PRV offers 9 different 6.5's and is rolling out 7 new products in January.....because you need different "solutions". This reminds me of when DS18 came out a few years ago and folks were saying the 35.00 DS18 Pros were better than 300.00 Hertz SPL's and folks we're swapping them out. You know...those 35.00 speakers don't sound bad at all and for some that was the perfect solution in their price point. Some folks liked them, others had issues, others didn't. Both are still used.

I'll get a set of these next week to try out. Now, DB has never had a great reputation, and the DB NEO4 Amp you don't hear anyone using it anymore because it had TONS of issues. It also flopped big time in our our testing here. BUT sometimes an engineer at one company goes to another that's looking to implement new ideas and bam you get this. To be completely objective here the published specs are pure marketing, it's mechanically impossible to have 103db and play down to 80. 103 is db...who knows how they got it (which is not good) maybe they took the woofer and tweeter sensitivity and 103 is average at 2.83v. I'm ok with the AW being the best 2 speaker set up out there but not loud enough for all, and PRV being the best pro audio speaker but sucks you need horns, because hopefully this a "solution" to run a tweeter and pro audio without having to cut into the fairing. At least that was my thoughts when I first heard of these. Bottom line is there's a demand for that and even if they don't sound as good, or the specs are bullshit, or you have to give up something somewhere to achieve something something else...you have a solution --- no cutting of fairing. It is what it is.

More to follow, but please lets be honest with real specs, build quality, etc. and not pound our chest with this stuff, this is folks money. In the last year on this forum I've warrantied less items than I can count with one hand. Due diligence and honest assessment guys, not shiny specs!! I'll post up next week once I get some in.

The following users liked this post:
LaLleguaNegra (10-28-2017)
Old 10-28-2017, 08:52 AM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by SOFTPETER
Thats great that you are passionate!! Did you see the review on FB and hear them?

Once again I have no skin in the game. Being close minded is what kept us in plug and play systems for 10 years.
I am going to break now but as you would know no video can justify a setup. I will read the review he did.

Quick Reply: Tailwind almost stole my thunder WDX6MOTO