Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ARC PSM and Fosgate DSR1

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 06:32 AM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 161 Posts
Default ARC PSM and Fosgate DSR1

pros and cons of each from those who have used one or the other?

thanks

Old 11-21-2017, 07:52 AM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 133 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by yooperhog
pros and cons of each from those who have used one or the other?

thanks
For me the PSM fits all my needs (size functionality sound and my setup). Cons are only 6 outputs for those that would need to control 4 different sets of speakers (DSR 1 has 8 outputs) and you have to use a computer to make changes along with having to remember to save after making changes otherwise they won't stick.

DSR 1 pros: it has 8 outputs and is able to use Bluetooth to a phone or tablet to control things instead of a computer only and cost. Haze has some play time with it and will likely have more info than that. Only down side i see is the size for trying to cram into a fairing.

Old 11-21-2017, 10:09 AM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

In a nutshell:

ARC - better sound quality, smaller, better build, only 6 channels, expensive

Fosgate - bigger, lesser build quality, has 8 channels, less expensive

Between those, folks just need to weight out what's most important to them.....size, sound quality, channels, budget.

Old 11-21-2017, 05:12 PM
sponger
Road Master
Received 78 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by haze324
In a nutshell:

Between those, folks just need to weight out what's most important to them.....size, sound quality, channels, budget.
Can u put a soundigital 800.4 and a dsr1 side by side on a jm amp tray?

Old 11-22-2017, 09:47 AM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

not sure man, we don't use the JM tray so no way of knowing for sure. I can measure it for ya.

Old 11-22-2017, 10:05 AM
madaba
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Out of curiosity, what other options are out there, even though I'm going to use the Arc.

Old 11-22-2017, 12:21 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by madaba
Out of curiosity, what other options are out there, even though I'm going to use the Arc.
That are small enough to hide in a fairing along with an amp --- not many, that's why the Arc has been such a hit. Now other companies with decently sized DSP's, theres tons of those: JL Audio, Mosconi, Helix, DD Audio, etc.

Old 11-22-2017, 02:49 PM
HogPilot54
Tourer
Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

I have the Rockford Fosgate 3SIXTY.3 processor. Granted you need room for this DSP (I have a '15 Ultra Limited) and it's pricey. I have it mounted in my Tour Pak. I previously had the JL Audio FiX86 which worked well, however was limited to 4 channels of processing and the EQ was pretty basic. When I added saddlebag speaker lids (6 speakers total) I needed something more. I liked that the FiX86 had an automatic normalization function to fix the crappy Boom HU's EQ output. The 360.3 has a simpler function which I think works better than the Fix86, plus it has a 8 channel interactive signal processor w/248 band parametric EQ! This thing is a beast! If I ever add lower fairing speakers (8 speakers total), I won't have to upgrade again.

Old 11-24-2017, 05:16 PM
tesnevo
Club Member
Received 94 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by HogPilot54
I have the Rockford Fosgate 3SIXTY.3 processor. Granted you need room for this DSP (I have a '15 Ultra Limited) and it's pricey. I have it mounted in my Tour Pak. I previously had the JL Audio FiX86 which worked well, however was limited to 4 channels of processing and the EQ was pretty basic. When I added saddlebag speaker lids (6 speakers total) I needed something more. I liked that the FiX86 had an automatic normalization function to fix the crappy Boom HU's EQ output. The 360.3 has a simpler function which I think works better than the Fix86, plus it has a 8 channel interactive signal processor w/248 band parametric EQ! This thing is a beast! If I ever add lower fairing speakers (8 speakers total), I won't have to upgrade again.

Looks good brother! Nice job installing it

The following users liked this post:
HogPilot54 (11-28-2017)
Old 11-27-2017, 01:55 PM
Adenton528
Road Captain
Received 204 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by haze324
In a nutshell:

For this episode of Bagger audio consumer reports, be careful with the USB port on the PSM. It is very apt to pulling out of the board. I know of three folks including myself that have had this issue. I figured build quality would’ve been better for this product but I suppose not. Arc did repair under warranty though. That’s been the only disappointment so far. Well, that and the learning curve.

I’m curious as to why you feel the build quality is less than the PSM.

Quick Reply: ARC PSM and Fosgate DSR1