Lower fairing speakers - Page 9 - Harley Davidson Forums

Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lower fairing speakers

P

Old 01-15-2018, 08:40 AM
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by big- mike View Post
Ok cool other than that everything else is plug and play? I'm not using why accy switch can I use that for the remote in the case I want to use the radio without the amp or am I thinking wrong?
Yeah definitely thinking wrong. You want the amp and the radio to work together at all times. Now if your thinking your reception is going to be compromised with the class D amp. your'e right. If you want to keep your radio reception. You will have to upgrade the amp. Just like everything else associated with Harley Davidson. It's gonna cost you.

The Arc 600.4 and the Soundigital 800.4 (with a DSP) maintains radio reception just to name a couple. Don't be surprised to lose your reception after install. Just letting you know what to expect.
Old 01-15-2018, 09:49 AM
Road Master

ok thanks I'll remember that do you lose it all together or does it just get crappy
Old 01-15-2018, 10:17 AM
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by big- mike View Post
ok thanks I'll remember that do you lose it all together or does it just get crappy
It's a crap shoot. Some do. Some don't. Depends on the bike and the set up. Most 13 and down bike lose it. 14 and up. Not so much.
Old 01-15-2018, 10:37 AM
Road Master

Old 01-15-2018, 04:18 PM
Road Master

Why would adding an amp effect your radio reception
Old 01-15-2018, 05:18 PM
Outstanding HDF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by big- mike
Why would adding an amp effect your radio reception
It's called EMI (Electromagnetic Interference) and inherent with the highly efficient Class D design.
The are some strategies that the end user can do to minimize the impact but not many have consistently been effective.
Not such a huge deal for most simply due to the world of FM getting very slowly phased out by Sat Radio and the like. Not to mention iTunes, etc that provide high quality source music in an already difficult audio environment.

T.
Old 01-15-2018, 05:25 PM
Ultimate HDF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailwind
It's called EMI (Electromagnetic Interference) and inherent with the highly efficient Class D design.
The are some strategies that the end user can do to minimize the impact but not many have consistently been effective.
Not such a huge deal for most simply due to the world of FM getting very slowly phased out by Sat Radio and the like. Not to mention iTunes, etc that provide high quality source music in an already difficult audio environment.

T.
Which is all the more reason to replace the crappy stock HU like I mentioned earlier. So many more ways to play your tunes these days other than FM.
Your not gonna suffer a complete loss of signal but it will fade out at a much shorter distance than it did before the amp install.
Old 01-15-2018, 05:45 PM
Road Master

Ok we'll just see what happens most of the time I use a MP3 player through the aux port. Is there anything that can be put in line with the antenna to boost the signal?

P