Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding rear speaker lids, wiring question

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2018, 08:44 AM
Slim2Gunz
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the help guys, all makes sense now!! And sorry for hijacking your post Mike.

Old 07-22-2018, 08:49 AM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member
Received 647 Likes on 546 Posts

Originally Posted by Slim2Gunz
My local HD won't flash 4 channel 1 or 6/2. They will only flash 4/0. VTwin audio pointed me in the direction of some site that has dealers that flash HD's with that Centurion Super Pro and they can do the 4/1 or 6/2. The issue is I only have 3 weeks in the states while on leave to completely redo my bike ( stretched bags/ fenders, audio, wheels) before getting the bike prepped to be shipped to Hawaii for my next duty station. So i might hold off on doing the 4/1 or 6/2 until i get settled in hawaii and keep the leveler in for now.
That really stinks that your dealership wont flash for 4/1 or 6/2 flash. They have the ability to do it but choose not to.

Old 07-22-2018, 09:00 AM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Excellent!!! Flashed 0 amp 4 Speaks with the BT Line Leveler is a proven combo to get that Boom EQ under control AND have fade functionality.

T
Do you know something I don't? My setup is 6/2 and I have full fade ability with no LL and it sounds good. If there is something I am unaware of, please let me know as I don't want to give bad advice.

Old 07-22-2018, 10:43 AM
MMXIWG
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by travelingypsye
Do you know something I don't? My setup is 6/2 and I have full fade ability with no LL and it sounds good. If there is something I am unaware of, please let me know as I don't want to give bad advice.
Are you using high level inputs?

Old 07-22-2018, 10:48 AM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by MMXIWG

Are you using high level inputs?
Yes sir. All direct connect and no rca to worry about loose connections, vibrating loose or bad grounds.

Old 07-22-2018, 12:17 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

I do know that the flash thing is highly subjective and that this fine gentleman has the BT 355s Focal Amp, and a local shop that will only flash the 0/4 setup. Very proven results that are simple. Time = money in various cases.

If dudes that have 0/4 flashes w BT355s start chasing the various other flashes thinking its the holy grail they will in general be let down as most of these various strategies are lateral moves. Of course there are custom shops that use proprietary flashes that fit their very specific builds. And corporations like RF uses a specific flash for their specific products, kits and wiring harnesses as do ARC and various others.

Furthermore the MOCO really has locked down their tech computers regarding flashes and Indy shops with flash capability are few and far between. Path of least resistance and plug and play from HD HU to amp = BT355 and 0/4 flash.

If dudes still think they want to attempt the imho lateral flash via an Indy then I would only advise them to not make the same mistakes I did. Save every penny u have and don't waste a dime on flashes and put that cash towards a fund that will purchase a DSP or an aftermarket HU. If u want to go next level the truly go there with a DSP or HU thus save the flash experiment cash for objective advances, not the subjective ones. Having a 6 or more band EQ added to the Boom is an objective advance. Then sell ur BT355s to the next brothers that come along to recoup the HU or DSP expenditure.

This message was generously sponsored by Dave Ramsey Audio Financial Peace.

Just sayin!!!

T

Last edited by Tailwind; 07-22-2018 at 12:21 PM.
Old 07-22-2018, 01:36 PM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member

I do know that the flash thing is highly subjective and that this fine gentleman has the BT 355s Focal Amp, and a local shop that will only flash the 0/4 setup. Very proven results that are simple. Time = money in various cases.

If dudes that have 0/4 flashes w BT355s start chasing the various other flashes thinking its the holy grail they will in general be let down as most of these various strategies are lateral moves. Of course there are custom shops that use proprietary flashes that fit their very specific builds. And corporations like RF uses a specific flash for their specific products, kits and wiring harnesses as do ARC and various others.

Furthermore the MOCO really has locked down their tech computers regarding flashes and Indy shops with flash capability are few and far between. Path of least resistance and plug and play from HD HU to amp = BT355 and 0/4 flash.

If dudes still think they want to attempt the imho lateral flash via an Indy then I would only advise them to not make the same mistakes I did. Save every penny u have and don't waste a dime on flashes and put that cash towards a fund that will purchase a DSP or an aftermarket HU. If u want to go next level the truly go there with a DSP or HU thus save the flash experiment cash for objective advances, not the subjective ones. Having a 6 or more band EQ added to the Boom is an objective advance. Then sell ur BT355s to the next brothers that come along to recoup the HU or DSP expenditure.

This message was generously sponsored by Dave Ramsey Audio Financial Peace.

Just sayin!!!

T
You are absolutely right about the 4/0 flash with a bt355 being a proven setup. I did that also but got to thinking that with that setup, the original signal is being filtered twice if you are using a hp filter on your amp. Now I may be wrong in my thinking but filtering the signal twice looses SQ and more power is needed to over compensate that twice filtered signal. After reading RF post on flashing the boom hu so not to need a LL I found an indy thru RF website that can flash it. I went there, talked to the guy, watched him flash my hu, trying both 4/1 and 6/2 flashes and we both agreed that the 6/2 flash was better so we left it at that. He showed me the tool and program used. It was a standard techno research diagnostic tool that is the same diagnostic tool the HD dealers use to see code, tune engines after stage 1/2 fuel packs are installed on sled. It is the same tool HD uses to flash their hu's. There is no proprietary program RF uses nor proprietary HD program for these flashes. I do also know that now my setup is crazy loud and my gains on the amp are around 10/11 oclock where they were at 1/2 before. I have no drastic signal curve, no bass distortion just crazy loud good SQ tunes and a direct non filtered signal from my hu. $85 for a LL that filters the signal vs. $70 for a flash that doesn't have a filter in place and reduced gains...I choose to save a buck.

Call me crazy for thinking outside of the box, but I am looking into buying this tool use in future setups to provide a better setup for boom hu's. Hell I am even trying 5x7's in the fairing to see if they will give a better SQ and more bass than a 6.5 and as of right now, the set I have in there are working well but that's another story.

Brought to you by the crazy guy who wants it better than the old standard.......

Last edited by travelingypsye; 07-22-2018 at 01:56 PM.
Old 07-22-2018, 02:35 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Brought to you by the crazy guy who wants it better than the old standard.......
Psssssst. Get a DSP. Shhhhhhhhh.

Luv
T

Old 07-22-2018, 02:43 PM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member

Luv
T
Don't tell anyone but I don't need one.........yet.........

Old 07-22-2018, 04:52 PM
InthewindMN
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 237 Likes on 209 Posts

Luv
T
^^^yeah that

Don't tell anyone but I don't need one.........yet.........
That mindset will change once you learn how to use one and see what can be done with one.

Quick Reply: Adding rear speaker lids, wiring question