Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biketronics New 250w x4 at 4 ohms Amp

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 03:15 PM
Ndfastln
Road Master
Received 157 Likes on 133 Posts

I messaged Mike about a month ago asking him about the filter and how his amps made power on such a small gauge power wire. A few days later out of the blue he called me. Without going into to much detail he explained how he builds his power supplies with his own power circuits instead of using generic circuits used by most manufacturers, which is why they are super efficient and why they don't require a large power cable. He also explained about the filters, which he told me it was crossed at 60hz, which is less than what Alex said he thought it was crossed at (80hz I think). Could be the difference in real world application, and a lab, IDK. He did say he could build them without it, but unless you were powering a sub you wouldn't see much difference.

He hinted around then about some new stuff coming out but didn't elaborate.

The following users liked this post:
BlackPearl#1 (02-01-2018)
Old 02-01-2018, 03:22 PM
BlackPearl#1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 124 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Ndfastln
I messaged Mike about a month ago asking him about the filter and how his amps made power on such a small gauge power wire. A few days later out of the blue he called me. Without going into to much detail he explained how he builds his power supplies with his own power circuits instead of using generic circuits used by most manufacturers, which is why they are super efficient and why they don't require a large power cable. He also explained about the filters, which he told me it was crossed at 60hz, which is less than what Alex said he thought it was crossed at (80hz I think). Could be the difference in real world application, and a lab, IDK. He did say he could build them without it, but unless you were powering a sub you wouldn't see much difference.

He hinted around then about some new stuff coming out but didn't elaborate.
Good post.

Old 02-02-2018, 04:54 PM
Matty_d
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

There is a partial picture of one on their Facebook page.

Old 02-02-2018, 05:59 PM
USAproud
Road Warrior
Received 119 Likes on 111 Posts

They are testing it and it shows 338 watts on channels 1 and 2

Old 02-15-2018, 07:02 PM
USAproud
Road Warrior
Received 119 Likes on 111 Posts

From them on Facebook

For the curious, here ya go...Biketronics have been designing and manufacturing audio amps specifically for the Harley Davidson motorcycle since 2004 starting with the venerable BT444.

The loud, clear sound of Biketronics amps is renowned by riders everywhere and it gets even better with the introduction our new ProPower amplifiers - starting with the BT4250. We know of no other amp with this kind of power density, headroom, and performance. Think of this amp as a BT4180 on steroids with 250 watts per channel into four ohms. We also added gain control on each channel *and* maintained the same size enclosure!

From the beginning we realized the need for special power supply design given the limited charging system on the bike. Our unique StatorGuard power supply control keeps the bike's charging system in the "safe zone" while pumping out unsurpassed power - for years a Biketronics Exclusive.

Hallmarks of all Biketronics discrete UcD amplifier designs (world patented):
- Flat, fully load-independent frequency response
- Low output impedance
- Very low, frequency-independent THD
- Very low noise
- Fully passive loop control
- Consistent top performer in listening trials

These features translate into headache free (figuratively and literally) operation at high sound levels for hours of continuous riding.

For years Biketronics have been a mainstay mobile amp on the Harley - with millions of product miles on the bike no other can claim. Made in USA (keeping Americans working) and our Lifetime Warranty provide additional unmatched value.

Biketronics believe in keeping our work (and our dollars) stateside and appreciate your support. For more information on all the great Biketronics products for your Harley please see biketronics.com or give us a call 800.735.2419

Old 02-15-2018, 09:54 PM
sponger
Road Master
Received 78 Likes on 71 Posts

I wonder what kind of watts at 12volts. Not 14.4

Old 02-16-2018, 06:24 AM
jimfount00
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just bought their 4180 and that thing is really nice. When I asked them if I should wait for the new amp to come out she said not unless I was going to purchase new speakers as well. I have all 4 of theirs for my fairing and lids currently and she said they wouldn't be able to handle the new amp...haha. So, since I'm not going to buy new speakers soon I guess I'll stay as is. Biketronics is definitely more expensive but I love the honesty and customer service. Oh and I'm not good at working on the bike and they made it super easy...

Old 02-19-2018, 02:43 PM
Ndfastln
Road Master

Just ordered one without the filter. Should be here in a week or 2.

Old 02-20-2018, 12:13 AM
Moto Mike
Road Warrior
Received 122 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Ndfastln
Just ordered one without the filter. Should be here in a week or 2.
ND, are you talking new 4 channel amp or 4180? If new one how much?

Old 02-20-2018, 09:07 AM
Ndfastln
Road Master

The new 4250. With forum discount it was $809.95

Last edited by Ndfastln; 02-20-2018 at 09:10 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Moto Mike (02-20-2018)

Quick Reply: Biketronics New 250w x4 at 4 ohms Amp