Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'17 CVOSG ongoing blown speakers problem

Old 02-15-2018, 06:27 AM
Stache18
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by travelingypsye
My buddy got a 2017 cvo SG and I was impressed by the sound of the system sitting still. I was leaning on getting one until I saw the ann. standard SG. I have since learned that the boom has a different eg delivery set up for sitting still on acc and running down the road. Go figure. Like I always say, buy your system for riding 70-80 mph.
^^^^ yup. Hence the 18 anniversary denim blue for me and adding stuff. Glad I did it this way too.

Old 02-15-2018, 07:57 AM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member
Received 647 Likes on 546 Posts

Originally Posted by Stache18

^^^^ yup. Hence the 18 anniversary denim blue for me and adding stuff. Glad I did it this way too.
When you are done, your system will blow away any cvo stock system and your bike will be more rare than a cvo. Win/win to you......

The following users liked this post:
Stache18 (02-15-2018)
Old 04-24-2018, 06:18 PM
coach127
Tourer
Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts

I just found this thread. I too have a 17 CVO SG. I have the lowers so have have the 3 amp system. Bike is in the shop now with a blown bag speaker and upper front. Second time in for this problem. I was told to keep my bass and treble at the neutral position. I have never changed that and never turned up above 6 or 7. Very frustrated but to upgrade to the Rokker system and keep the boom amps I am seeing about 15K. I have a 7 year extended so I guess the MOCO will be replacing them for a while. Thanks for everyones input.

Old 10-27-2018, 10:01 PM
Adam Lane
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speaker problem

Originally Posted by Cpuccio
I bought my '17 CVOSG back in May '17, new. I've ridden about 15k miles since. Bike has been flawless except for routinely blowing out my saddle bag speakers. I'm on my 3rd replacement on the right side (which just started rattling bad again a few days ago) and 2nd on the left. My experience is... all is good clean sound, then suddenly I notice bad rattling with the bass. Sure enough, dealer says blown speaker and replaces it. Granted, it's all under warranty but it's a PIA!! I have the bass and treble at +2 past center, which isn't extreme, and the highway sound adjustment at 1. I usually listen at about half or less of max volume. I listen mostly to hard rock/metal which has a lot of hard hitting base. But still, the Boom2 should be able to take it, right?? Curious... Does anyone have this ongoing problem? Thanks!
my dealer says Harley is working on a better set of replacement speakers to fix the existing speakers. To be released around spring 2019

Old 10-28-2018, 12:53 AM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member

I have heard that before also along with having a back order on replacement speakers for the guys under warranty repair. Adam, if you are determined to keep the boom setup, the Rockford fosgate tms57 is a direct fit on the rear lids and plugs into the stock wiring. They will sound decent also.

Old 05-30-2020, 09:46 AM
Steve Bohme
Stage II
Default 2018 CVO Street Glide

On my third set of saddlebag speakers, some songs still sound terrible. Not what I expected from a $40,000 machine😳

QUOTE=Cpuccio;17088183]I bought my '17 CVOSG back in May '17, new. I've ridden about 15k miles since. Bike has been flawless except for routinely blowing out my saddle bag speakers. I'm on my 3rd replacement on the right side (which just started rattling bad again a few days ago) and 2nd on the left. My experience is... all is good clean sound, then suddenly I notice bad rattling with the bass. Sure enough, dealer says blown speaker and replaces it. Granted, it's all under warranty but it's a PIA!! I have the bass and treble at +2 past center, which isn't extreme, and the highway sound adjustment at 1. I usually listen at about half or less of max volume. I listen mostly to hard rock/metal which has a lot of hard hitting base. But still, the Boom2 should be able to take it, right?? Curious... Does anyone have this ongoing problem? Thanks![/QUOTE]

Old 05-30-2020, 09:01 PM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member

As I stated way back when, the rf tms57 is a direct replacement for the boom lid speakers and they are water proof, sound decent and won’t blow. I installed 2sets of these on cvo’s and still running them today.

Old 06-23-2020, 07:12 AM
jgerboc
2nd Gear

I have had 2005, 2012, and now 2016 CVO Ultra/Limited's. I never pushed the sound system and never had a problem, but my 2016 just blew a front fairing speaker. Of course I am out of warranty. Checked online and pair of speakers with grills is $199 less my discount. Called the dealer and asked to order a replacement speaker. He said it would be $179 with discount! I asked if that included installation. Nope. When I asked how could it be that a pair of "upgrade" speakers with grills could be the same price as one replacement speaker, he didnt know. No wonder Harley is in trouble. They dont even bother to hide the way they rip you off. On a positive note, the new pair of speakers shows a revision to the part number so maybe they fixed the design. I'll know tomorrow.

Old 06-23-2020, 09:23 AM
teedoff65
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,464 Likes on 1,057 Posts

Originally Posted by jgerboc
I have had 2005, 2012, and now 2016 CVO Ultra/Limited's. I never pushed the sound system and never had a problem, but my 2016 just blew a front fairing speaker. Of course I am out of warranty. Checked online and pair of speakers with grills is $199 less my discount. Called the dealer and asked to order a replacement speaker. He said it would be $179 with discount! I asked if that included installation. Nope. When I asked how could it be that a pair of "upgrade" speakers with grills could be the same price as one replacement speaker, he didnt know. No wonder Harley is in trouble. They dont even bother to hide the way they rip you off. On a positive note, the new pair of speakers shows a revision to the part number so maybe they fixed the design. I'll know tomorrow.
If by "fixed the design" you mean they'll sound better and are worth the high priced tag....nope..lol

jgerboc (06-23-2020)
Old 06-24-2020, 03:01 PM
hdrcgb bob
Novice
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Try Rockford Fosgate marine speakers, they are fantastic at speed, a bit pricy at £255.00 for a pair in the UK.
but brill sound.
Bob

jgerboc (06-24-2020)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: '17 CVOSG ongoing blown speakers problem