Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DB Drive WDX6MOTO

Old 02-20-2018, 08:51 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

I think most of his work was speaker fitting pod and tweeter fitting in center of the grill.

The grill itself just a minor sand/dremel on the outside of the ring so it fits in the recess.

Great damn job Phil!!! Looks damn good!!!

T

Old 02-20-2018, 09:00 PM
Philokc
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SBates08
Well that answers my question about the DS18 grills fitting. Next question....was it worth all the work?
Yes it was worth it, a much cleaner install this time around. I'm going to do it again when the right colored pods come in from Advan Black.

Old 02-20-2018, 09:02 PM
Philokc
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Tailwind
I think most of his work was speaker fitting pod and tweeter fitting in center of the grill.

The grill itself just a minor sand/dremel on the outside of the ring so it fits in the recess.

Great damn job Phil!!! Looks damn good!!!

T

Your right on the money T. I was extra careful on the fitting of everything before moving to the next step...Thanks for the support T.

Old 02-20-2018, 10:31 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

Originally Posted by Philokc
Yes it was worth it, a much cleaner install this time around. I'm going to do it again when the right colored pods come in from Advan Black.
Yeah I get that. I'm just as **** as anyone about things being right. What I meant was, do those speakers perform well in that location?

Old 02-21-2018, 06:07 AM
Philokc
Cruiser

Originally Posted by SBates08
Yeah I get that. I'm just as **** as anyone about things being right. What I meant was, do those speakers perform well in that location?
Yes they do, they are plenty loud and have excellent sq. with some nice bass and they are waterproof as well.

Old 02-22-2018, 08:37 AM
Hoyt 1911A1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 416 Likes on 363 Posts

What I meant was, do those speakers perform well in that location?

Yes they do, they are plenty loud and have excellent sq. with some nice bass and they are waterproof as well.

SBates, I had several folks recommend the AD Designs in the lowers of my 2010 U.C.

Regarding the information in this thread do you think it would be better to go with AD Designs in the rear pods and lowers bridged off of the rear channel of my SS PN4.1000D or get another set of Motos for the lower fairings and bridge them with the Motos I already have in the fairing?

Old 02-22-2018, 08:46 AM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoyt 1911A1
SBates, I had several folks recommend the AD Designs in the lowers of my 2010 U.C.

Regarding the information in this thread do you think it would be better to go with AD Designs in the rear pods and lowers bridged off of the rear channel of my SS PN4.1000D or get another set of Motos for the lower fairings and bridge them with the Motos I already have in the fairing?
I for one suggested those AD's to you and your not bridging them your going to run them in parallel with the tourpack speakers. HUGE difference in terminology.

That said....if you're intent on letting your wife control the rear volume, then run another set of Motos in the lowers and parallel them with the fairing speakers.
2 reasons I would not run it that way: 1-I always want my fairing speakers to stand alone in their own channels. 2- I would NEVER let anyone other than myself have access to the volume when an amp is involved.

Old 02-22-2018, 09:44 AM
Hoyt 1911A1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 416 Likes on 363 Posts

I always want my fairing speakers to stand alone in their own channels

OK if your experience has shown that to be the better scenario then I will leave them that way. I meant to say parallel but was in a hurry. I've been pretty busy lately with work but I want to try to keep this project moving along.

Now that I think about the rear volume control I can't remember if it works with the speakers themselves or just with the headset. I just recall one time my Wife told me after we got back home that she thought the volume back there was a little loud. I'll try to check that when I have some time.

Thanks for the feedback. I really like the way the Motos sound in the fairing but I can understand if your experience has shown they may not be the best choice for the lowers.

Old 04-01-2018, 04:21 PM
ronald kempf
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Do you think the wdx6moto's are comparable to the hurtz speakers

Old 04-01-2018, 04:41 PM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member
Received 647 Likes on 546 Posts

Originally Posted by ronald kempf
Do you think the wdx6moto's are comparable to the hurtz speakers
I have run both and I will say I like the motos better. (see my sig) The bass is a bit more and the highs are not ear piercing like the hertz milles. Now the hertz hcx is a different beast. The highs on those aren't as crisp as the milles. It would be hard to tell the diference between the motos and the hcx 165.3.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DB Drive WDX6MOTO